Valbuena sex tape extortion | Vital Football

Valbuena sex tape extortion

freundorfoe

Vital 1st Team Regular
What a bizarre case. Firstly Cisse gets arrested over it, then released without charge.

Now Karim, £100k+ pw Galactico Benzema has admitted involvment and is being charged.

Why on eart would a man on several million a year in salary feel the need to extort a national team mate? A quick google of their salaries (although outdated) shows Valbuena on 1/4 of what Benzema makes. Has he been threatened to do it? Is it just hatred for his team mate? Has he pissed all his money up the wall and got desperate?

Anyone heard any rumours about this because I find the whole situation utterly bizarre.

Again, I'd urge caution before jumping to conclusions Benzema’s lawyer said the 27-year old Real Madrid striker “has admitted nothing at all” and “played no part in blackmail”.

I suspect the idiot thought he may have been actually helping, not harming.

Spursex - 6/11/2015 12:03

Again, I'd urge caution before jumping to conclusions Benzema’s lawyer said the 27-year old Real Madrid striker “has admitted nothing at all” and “played no part in blackmail”.

sorry I foolishly believed the BBC and other outlets reporting that he'd admitted involvement!

freundorfoe - 6/11/2015 13:11

Spursex - 6/11/2015 12:03

sorry I foolishly believed the BBC and other outlets reporting that he'd admitted involvement!

That's the press for you! :10:

Comment from a French football fan on the subject:

"Just to clarify. I don't know what 'taken into custody' means in other countries, but here (in France) it just means police is currently interrogating Benzema. That doesn't mean he's guilty or anything. Actually I just looked up and Benzema being taken into custody was known since October 19th (in french). Seems like he just tried to help Valbuena too. No surprise then, it's just police doing their work.

Djibril Cissé was also 'taken into custody' a couple of weeks ago about this. Turns out he wasn't guilty at all, he just tried to help Valbuena, telling him who was blackmailing him. That's just how it works here. They do this with everyone related with this case.

Edit : Presumption of innocence is also applied here. Plus in France you'd be 'taken into custody' (read 'interrogated') if you have useful information for the police. So it really doesn't mean Benzema is guilty of anything
Edit2 : typos, words.

TL;DR : Benzema taken into custody doesn't mean he's guilty of anything. He's most probably being interrogated by police because he has information about this blackmailing and talked to Valbuena about it, just like Cissé a couple of weeks ago."

I'm actually gutted ars*nal didn't sign him now

from BBC article (included translated phone transcripts):

The person responsible was allegedly Axel Angot, described in the French press as a kind of Mr Fixit for super-rich footballers. He and two others, named as Mustapha Z. and Younes H., allegedly tried to extort unspecified favours from Valbuena.

However Mathieu Valbuena refused to play ball and went to the police, who placed the three suspects under phone taps.

At this point, it is alleged the three tried another tactic. Karim Zenati was approached - an old mucker of Karim Benzema's and a man with convictions for armed theft and drug dealing. He agreed to use his friendship with the Real Madrid star to try to get the message through to Mathieu Valbuena.

And that is how - during training at the national side's camp at Clairefontaine on 5 October - the two footballers had the conversation which is key to the case against Karim Benzema.

Leaked phone transcripts

The transcripts leaked by police to Europe 1 radio are of a phone call carried out on October 6 between Karim Benzema and Karim Zenati. In it the player describes what happened when he spoke to Mathieu Valbuena the day before.

Initially, he says, Mathieu Valbuena did not take him seriously. But Karim Benzema goes on:

"I said to him: 'I'm going to sort it out for you. You got to go see the guy. He'll come. He'll talk to you. I give you my word there's no other copy.'"

Later Karim Benzema tells Karim Zenati:

"I said (to Valbuena): 'If you want the video to be destroyed, my friend comes up to see you in Lyon and you sort it out face to face with him.'"

At one point Karim Benzema describes how Mathieu Valbuena asked him if his "tattoos" are visible in the video.

"I told him 'you can see everything'." But he later admits to Karim Zenati he has not actually seen the video.

The reference to tattoos is unclear. It could be that they are on an intimate part of the body, or that Mathieu Valbuena fears they clearly identify him in the sex-tape.
Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption Mathieu Valbuena contacted police after finding out about the sex tape in June

Karim Benzema goes on:

"I said (to Valbuena): 'My role stops here. Now it's my friend who takes over. He's the one who knows the person with the video. Me, I don't know him. So now if you want to sort this out, give me your number. I'll pass it on and you sort it out with him.'"

According to Europe 1, the tone of the conversation between Benzema and Zenati suggests for them it is all a hilarious prank.

The law will have to decide whether this amounts to evidence of complicity to blackmail.

Karim Benzema's brief has already cried foul, saying the leak was "selective" and left out parts that might exculpate his client.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34787802

Got to wonder who or what is in that tape huh....? Just saying is all, publish and be damned right!

Valbuena doesn't seem too worried though or he'd have paid the money and not ignored them and gone to the police. Seems he ignored Benzema too.

French press reckon Benzema will never play again, he's their top scorer.

It's like Wayne Bridgegate but with French people so it's even more salacious