Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Vaccine Passports (n/g at the moment)

That's what was in place before and had a major flaw? Anyone want to have a guess?

You scanned IN but not OUT so unless you scanned in somewhere else you were there until midnight.

I used to take my son for a driving lesson and the we'd have a spoons breakfast after. We'd be there for an hour tops early on a Saturday. According to test and trace we were there all day.
You can create a code for your own venue (house) and scan in when you get home

https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster

F*** me, wished I had never started this thread, I was only worried about getting down the pub on the 12th April :surrender:
Hahaha, don't blame you, there are apparently thousands with the same wish going by the fact that many pubs' outside spaces are fully booked. I'm looking forward to buying a coffee and being able to sit down to drink it rather than wander the streets like a hobo 😁😁😁

If anyone listens to TalkRADIO for 10 minutes, they’ll hear a whole raft of covid denial propaganda: “lockdowns don’t work”, “the reckless government is ruining the economy”,
we just need to live with the virus just like we do with the flu” a.
These are NOT "covid denial".
These are different conclusions based on the evidence....
...or more pertinenently, lack of evidence.

As requested by the HoC Public Administration Committee last week:
https://houseofcommons.shorthandsto...rus-data-lockdowns-policy&utm_content=organic
"Throughout our inquiry, we have struggled to establish who the Government sees as accountable for the data underpinning decisions on covid-19."

"There was a reluctance from Whitehall to share granular data with local leaders." (assumes that data existed !)

We have been scared by constant pushing of a large number of "deaths with Covid" (not "of" Covid)...
...bolstered by a very large number of "cases".

Very little analysis has been broadcast that puts these numbers in historical
context.
"Excess deaths" should always have been the yardstick ....
..and not compared only against the previous 5 year average.
But compared with the highest numbers in the worst years.

Also, adjusted for a higher population, "deaths per 100,000" are in the range of those from 1965 to 1985.
(which were less than previous decades, but then one has to allow for less advanced medicine)

On the vaccine passports. I’m all for this as I think it’s not only safe but if done well it will help businesses and leisure open up quickly. It needs to be done quickly, properly and fairy though. I don’t think it’s fair to bring it in until everyone has had the chance of a vaccine, but when they have - mid/late summer, it’s a great idea to bring it in as pubs, beaches and entertainment venues open up inside and out and get packed in the summer holidays. That’s provided the government don’t cock it up like they did with track and trace (again, let’s hope lessons have been learned).
Vaccination Certificates may have a role for a limited number of high density or indoor activities....
...as long as people have the option of being tested instead.

Last week, Barcelona had a concert with 5,000 - all tested.
By midday, 2,400 had been tested with only 3 positive (and refunded).

But beaches ??????
Even Vallance and Whitty repeated (to Greg Clark's HoC Committee) that outside was "low risk, very low risk".

We had a wander down to Yelland Brewery earlier to have a chat with Lawrence who owns and runs it and his yeast hasn’t arrived which means he may not be opening on Monday cos he’ll have no beer to sell.
Having said that, he was pretty chilled about it, but then he’s pretty chilled about everything.
What a wonderful attitude to have about life.
His catchphrase is, well, there you go.
He’ll never be rich but equally, he’ll never die of stress 😁

I get what you're saying but if it can be done safely (2 vaccines, negative tests etc) I'm bang up for a bit of Lanzarote action. I know three people who have told me that I need to get my priorities right and stop worrying about a holiday. One who has worked from home for a year, one who's been on furlough for a year and my mum who is elderly and shielded for the first lockdown and has been in our bubble so not really noticed much change.
As I've pointed out to them, nothing has changed for me except having to work more than usual to cover people who have isolated for one reason or another (I've not isolated once) and had the extra stress of dodging the virus whilst travelling to and from London every day.
I work to live, not the other way round and my one thing I do overtime for is to pay for a couple of weeks rest and sunshine every year so for me it's a big deal.
My twice cancelled trip is due a third try on 25th June, if I can go I'm bloody going. Wearing a mask here or there doesn't bother me, I've got one on pretty much all day anyway and you don't need one lying by the pool or having a beer at the bar so that's 90% of the day sorted.
I know there are plenty of others on here who have worked through the whole thing, I wouldn't blame them for wanting a break.
same here nobby on the working more then usual due to having to cover isolating colleagues. my owed toil allowance is eyewatering and yours no doubt.