v. the Tange | Page 4 | Vital Football

v. the Tange

Yes, the team is in cruise control right now. However, Caley Thistle will not bow out easily. I smell a banana peel.

HT and the score is 0-0. I missed the incident but apparently Brown may have been lucky not to see red.

From what I have seen, we've struggled for that final, clinical pass or opening but generally our passing play has been pretty good. United are playing quite well although I've personally seen a few things I think are either dangerous or just plain cheating but haven't been picked up.

Today's team:

Gordon
Matthews - Denayer - VVD - Izzy
Brown - Bitton
Commons - Johansen - Armstrong
Griffiths

Subs: Zaluska, Scepovic, Guidetti, Ambrose, Forrest, GMS, Tierney

GOAL!!!!! Griffiths with a right foot shot from the right of the box! Great play in and around the box, started by Armstrong on the left, it's worked out to Griffiths and he takes a touch before burying it in the back of the net!

We've certainly ramped up the pressure in this half! Commons came very close to a second after a wonderful outside of the foot cross from Johansen, Commons with a diving header to the top right of the goal but it was saved well!

Johansen just had another chance with a big hit from the edge of the box after good play down the right, Commons could have hit it but left it to roll to Johansen who smashed it goalward but another good save denies us.

GMS now on for Armstrong.

This could be a good game to bring on both Guidetti and Scepovic and go with 2 up front....just the way things seem to be going now, we seem to have a hold on the game and two targets in the box could be a good move.

GOAL! 2-0 Celtic and another Griffiths goal!

Corner swung in from the left, VVD gets his head on it but hits the post before hitting Rankin and the ball falls to Griffiths who hits it goalward, it's cleared off the line by the keeper but straight back to Griffiths who hits it in again. Turns out it was in first time round anyway.
Bit of confusion as it wasn't clear if Collum had given the goal or not at first!

Ambrose has come on at RB to replace Matthews and after a nasty fall Johansen is going off to be replaced by Forrest.

That's the second game in a row for Johansen that he's had to go off after taking a knock.

These Hun refs can't help themselves. This could be 5-0 with all the fouls the tange are getting away with

Marauding heir goal into the dying seconds. And it's a fine 3-0 win. After a choppy first half, Griffiths comes through with another hat trick! He is motm but Bitton and Adenauer also were very good. GMS was great as a sub. His pace is proving invaluable.

That ended up being the Teacake Kid show.....Griffiths' confidence just rocketed!

Probably fortunate to get the penalty, could have easily been given as a free-kick on the edge of the box but we're not going to complain!

The hun media is all abuzz today that the penalty was no penalty as it was outside the box. It was very close and Rankin could have been sent off. It was a studs-high tackle from behind place right in GMS's calf. More to the point, the conspiracy theorist in me says the officials were looking for some kind of makeup call to prove that they don't have it in for Celtic. This happens in American baseball all the time. Umpires are not allowed to reverse a call even if the realize a moment later that they blew the decision.

My guess: Before the game, they were told to give us one, but not a call that would actually change the course of history. That way Celtic won't feel slighted and aggrieved. On top of that, Scotland's other half can take the supposed high road and say they won't make a stink. Jackie McNamara already has said, “I am not going down the road of writing letters. I have enough to worry about without writing to people.” And you have John Rankin saying, "“It just proves that every team gets decisions for them and against them." That's awfully big of them to be such good sportsmen in a game that they never threatened to win in a season when they personally have no hardware at stake.

Tricky game against Dundee United on Saturday, early kick-off as well.

We have a few injury problems and need to rest our key players ahead of next week's critical game against Malmo.
Armstrong, Griffiths, Lustig, Bitton are all injured or tweaked something during the game against Malmo or more in the case of Griffiths and Bitton, they just need to be rested!

The problem we have is Griffiths would normally play in the SPFL but we really can't afford to take a chance on him getting injured. Ciftci still can't play in the SPFL so it will be down to either Scepovic, Stokes or playing someone else up front who isn't actually a striker.

I'd go with:

Gordon
Janko - O'Connell - Ambrose - Tierney
Brown - Mulgrew
Commons - Rogic - GMS
Stokes

Subs: Bailly, VVD, Fisher, McGregor, Johansen, Scepovic, Nesbitt

Latest Celtic News