v. St.Johnstone | Vital Football

v. St.Johnstone

welch47

Vital Football Hero
Halftime report: DOminant in possession as usual and looking creative. St. Johnstone has the boxed bottled up but we still managed to get through twice. Good play overall, except for the obligatory cheap goal conceded.

Mon the Hoops!

St.Johnstone presses to try to level. That leaves space at the back. Griffiths in the box, slips it to GMS who fires it into the corner. 3-1! GMS is back on form.

Just watched the highlights of the game as wasn't able to watch it on Saturday. Johansen seemed to be playing better, made some key passes! Good goals from GMS and Armstrong. Simunovic seemed to really struggle with O'Halloran though! He was out-muscled and out-paced! That's my worry with him for Europe next season!

Great to see GMS and Armstrong back on form after a difficult first half of the season! GMS' return to form could cause a headache for Gordon Strachan with the national team. Scotland have 2 friendlies this year ahead of the Euro 2016 championship and he has said he will pick 2 separate teams to get a good look at all his players and particularly the younger ones.
From Celtic we could have:
Gordon, Brown, Tierney, Findlay (on loan at Kilmarnock), GMS, Armstrong, Griffiths, Forrest, Christie (if he plays well from now), Allan, McGregor and Henderson! That could be as many as 12 players all away on international duty for one country.....when was the last time we had that? Lol. I'd say Tierney, Christie, Allan and Findlay are less likely to go but you never know they might get invited to at least train with the team.

Tonight we play St Johnstone. The title is wrapped up and we have a game tonight and our final game at the weekend. This should be a game for the youngsters and fringe players to show what they've got!

Ryan Christie and Scott Allan may get an opportunity tonight but with Mulgrew, Simunovic and Boyata all injured, it seems Efe Ambrose could be playing CB tonight, why not give the likes of Fiacre Kelleher a chance to step up from the Development Squad?
Players like Calvin Miller and Joe Thomson would also greatly benefit from being a given a run out, at least from the bench tonight or at the weekend!

Instead we will most likely see a mediocre side with no real drive or determination to win because the title is already won.

Yes, I'd give some youngsters a shot and give Commons a run out. I'd also try Armstrong in Scott Brown's position. And what about Nesbitt?!

Celtic team to face St Johnstone:
Bailly; Janko, Ambrose, Sviatchenko, Izaguirre; McGregor, Johansen; Roberts, Christie, Allan; Griffiths

Subs: Fasan, Ralston, Tierney, Bitton, Armstrong, Rogic, Forrest

HT Tractorists 0-0 #Celtic

Little urgency or directness from us. Disjointed play with so many changes. The buck being passed as much as the ball in that half.

The night & the plaudits belong to 40 goal Leigh Griffiths.

An achievement to be proud of & now his own chapter in #Celtic history books :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:07

:emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70

Everyone knows Efe simply cannot play. But Johanson is awful and has been all year. The sooner we get rid of him the better. He should never have been starting. What a loser. He has no future here. Why play him. And to leave Commons out of the Starting XI when it's all tied up is criminal.

Evening Tic, apologies for not commenting during the game, I was busy writing out tax documents! :(

It was a fairly mediocre game tonight but with so many changes it was always going to be. Allan and Christie looked surprisingly sharp and I heard the commentators saying that Christie's attitude and the way he has been training has been first class. Why he hasn't been involved more is anyone's guess if that's true! I'm still not sold on him being good enough for us in Europe but he's certainly good enough for the SPFL.

We gifted them 2 goals though! Johansen got a horrible bobble on the pitch but in fairness to the pitch, he should have dealt with it before then. What Efe was doing.....well I don't think even Efe knows!

Congratulations to Griffiths, it was a cracking goal and what an achievement.....40 goals in a season, particularly when playing up front on his own all season makes it even more impressive!

Was glad to see young Ralston get a run out at RB. He could be our back-up next season if it's true that Janko wants to leave after not settling. Ralston as you may have seen is a good sized fullback, but he's also got a good physique so isn't going to be pushed around too easy and he's quick!

McGregor once again put in a good performance tonight and he's really showing he is a very versatile midfielder for us!

I'd like to see a few more young players get a chance in the final game but I suppose with it being the title party there won't be too many non first team players starting the game.

Izaguirre - appeared to be saying farewell to the fans at the end of the game tonight. He stayed out longer and walked round applauding the fans and shaking hands all by himself. The problem for us is that if he does go, we need a back-up to Tierney! There's not going to be many players happy to come in and be back-up to a young kid!

welch47 - 11/5/2016 21:57

Everyone knows Efe simply cannot play. But Johanson is awful and has been all year. The sooner we get rid of him the better. He should never have been starting. What a loser. He has no future here. Why play him. And to leave Commons out of the Starting XI when it's all tied up is criminal.

Apparently Commons had an injury welch.

What I don't understand is having James Forrest on the bench.....a player who has refused a new contract and looks unlikely to stay, why give him a place on the bench then? Give it to someone who wants it!

This was Ronny's way of shitting on the club crest one last time, though he has a chance to lay another steamer at the weekend.

I liked Sviatchenko as captain and thought Christie looked great. Allan was decent. Johanson is really awful and screwed up our forward momentum at least a dozen times with those hooves if his. Janko is clearly off form. Too many of the new faces to the lineup are players with no significance for the club in the future. Efe, Johanson, Forrest, Janko. Im in favor of giving Izzy some play. He's been a very good Celt and I wish him all the best.

Part of it I think is that we're giving players an extended rest by taking them out of the team now. Others are being given a chance to show the fans and remaining coaches what they can do, plus it gets them on tape for a new manager to look at.
Janko looks as though he's put on a bit of beef and will need to look to lose weight now that he's back to a level ready to play first team football....if he's staying!
Johansen could be the new Kayal! Great for a season or 2, awful the rest of the time. Remember it was Kayal who started fouling all the time and it was after being made captain......very similar to Johansen! Scary!
Efe, despite what everyone can see, could well stay around for at least another season. Managers seem to like him and particularly the fact he has pace.

Latest Celtic News