v. St. Johnstone | Page 4 | Vital Football

v. St. Johnstone

Poor first half from us. Defence has been all over the place with only Zaluska saving them from themselves.

Tierney and GMS haven't hit it off on the left.

Been ok in the middle area.

Commons hasn't got going at all.

Forrest has seen most of the ball but has invariably done next to fuck all with it. :emoticon:26

That was an AWFUL game! We had chances and blew them and looked VERY shaky at the back! Mulgrew actually looked pretty good when he came on but I think we failed to defend from the front tonight!

Credit to St Johnstone, I thought they played quite well. They were physical and quick to react.....we weren't!
Although it has to be said sometimes they got lucky as they were a little too physical....other times they conned the ref by pretending we'd been too physical on them.....and other times they move the ball to gain an advantage at a free-kick and our player ends up getting booked for it....

At the end of the day, they have something to play for...we don't!

wee_od_88 - 15/5/2015 21:47

That was an AWFUL game! We had chances and blew them and looked VERY shaky at the back! Mulgrew actually looked pretty good when he came on but I think we failed to defend from the front tonight!

Credit to St Johnstone, I thought they played quite well. They were physical and quick to react.....we weren't!
Although it has to be said sometimes they got lucky as they were a little too physical....other times they conned the ref by pretending we'd been too physical on them.....and other times they move the ball to gain an advantage at a free-kick and our player ends up getting booked for it....

At the end of the day, they have something to play for...we don't!

That's about the size of it.

Thought Tierney done well enough although GMS could've helped the kid out a bit more. Would need to see more of Tierney to judge.

Still very early days for Tierney but he did well for his full debut. Just looked as though he lacking a bit of confidence, he played safe instead of really going and impressing or trying to impress.....but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If he can play that well and not be trying too hard.....it means he has another few gears to go up!
Looks like he has a good delivery on him though! Also looks quite quick and considering he is versatile, not always played at LB, he seemed to have a good understanding of when to move infield and cover.
I think he showed enough to suggest he could easily play LB in the absence of Izzy in SPFL games.....Europe on the other hand might be a different matter.
I think he could really benefit from being out on loan next season, somewhere he will play regularly and in a similar system to what Deila uses. Teams are usually crying out for a good left footed player who can play LB.....

Back to SPFL football and we are going to need an excellent performance today at home against St Johnstone. They've not had a great start to the season with 5 points from 5 games. As usual they will pick up their game against us!

I've no idea what sort of team to put out today. In some ways I'd want to play most of the players from the midweek game as they all need to play well and get a confidence boost, at the same time they played so badly I'd be tempted to change pretty much the entire team!

Today's team!

Gordon
Janko - Boyata - VVD - Izzy
Brown - Bitton
Commons - Rogic - GMS
Griffiths

Subs: Bailly, Ambrose, Mulgrew, Allan, McGregor, Forrest, Stokes

No Armstrong or Johansen involved at all. I read VVD and Forrest didn't train much this week and Lustig is still struggling, no match previews mentioned anything about Johansen or Armstrong being injured or anything.......

Oh shit! 12 minutes gone and we're 0-1 down!

GMS tracking back but can't stop the cross, a mix-up between Gordon and VVD at the front post, the ball comes through and the Saints striker has an easy tap-in. Not blaming Boyata too much there because it should have been dealt with at the front post!

Correction, apparently it was an OG by Boyata, not that he could do an awful lot about it I don't think!

Latest Celtic News