v. St. Johnstone | Page 3 | Vital Football

v. St. Johnstone

Well, looking good so far but St. Johnstone defends well and always gives us a good fight. This is the kind of match in which we must guard the back door. they can score against the run of play.

Well that sucked. After a rollicking first 25 minutes we got more and more laid back. The second half seemed as if everyone had their shoe laces tied together. Or had the wrong studs on. The final third looked like it did during the first two months of the season.

I've lost any faith in Forrest, as well. He runs amok but gets nowhere. Not enough real pressure or shooting. Pretty flaccid performance. :emoticon:34

I didn't see the game, was out looking at a house me and my girlfriend might rent but I have watched the highlights and it just looked it was one of THOSE games.....you know the ones, where the ball just won't go in the back of the net or the keeper has a good night and makes good saves......we had chances but I noticed a lot of them were from outside the box.....that's not like us!

I find it strange that we were looking for a goal and left our striker on the bench......

I know what you mean about Forrest guys.....I'm losing patience with him. I still think he's good to have on the bench but it just feels as though we can't get him into the game, or he can't get himself into the game even when he does get on. I feel we have better options than him. I read a couple of weeks ago that he has to prove himself all over again, and it's true! It's spot on, he needs to work his arse off or he won't rediscover his form and he won't ever reach his potential!

I think Ronny is probably finding that he actually doesn't have as much strength in depth as he thought he did!

I don't think starting Armstrong in the holding role next to Brown was the right choice by Deila, while he can play CM, I think he's used to playing CM in a more conventional 4-4-2 where he was allowed to go forward and attack. I'd have rather Henderson had been given that spot last night. Henderson could learn a lot by playing alongside Brown more often!

The team takes a different shape without Biton or Izzy. We had less love up the left side in the first half.

Forrest never seems to get into the game. He isn't fit long enough to get into the flow of the team. He never is. Staying fit is a skill and he doesn't have it.

We play St Johnstone on Friday evening away from.

It has been confirmed there will be some changes but not wholesale changes. Johansen and Bitton will not make the trip while VVD will be assessed on Friday before the game as he picked up a knock late on in the game last week.
Charlie Mulgrew is definitely back in the squad for the game, likely to come on from the bench as he continues his return from injury.

If VVD is out, the only real option will be to put Ambrose in at CB.
With Bitton and Johansen out, who partners Scott Brown in CM could be interesting. I would imagine it will be Armstrong.

Gordon
Fisher - Denayer - Ambrose - Izzy
Armstrong - Brown
GMS - Commons - Forrest
Scepovic

Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Rogic, Mulgrew, Tierney, Griffiths, Stokes

I would think it will be something close to that sort of team....

Tonight's team:

Zaluska
Matthews - Ambrose - Denayer - Tierney
Brown - Armstrong
Forrest - Commons - GMS
Griffiths

Subs: Fasan, Izzy, Scepovic, Guidetti, Rogic, Mulgrew, Fisher

So pleased for Tierney! Finally realising a dream, 17 year old, a Celtic fan all his life and now getting to start his first game! Just a shame it's not at a packed Paradise really!

COME ON BHOYS!"

Latest Celtic News