v. St. Johnstone | Page 5 | Vital Football

v. St. Johnstone

We reacted well. Straight back at them!

Goal! Shot from Griffiths from edge of the box, takes a deflection and it's beaten the keeper!

Oh dear, doesn't look too good. Izzy is down after defending a cross into the box which involved a clash of heads with a St Johnstone player. Medical teams taking time to assess him although he has already tried to get up.

GOAL! ROGIC! YES!

2-1!

Rogic runs in to the box, cuts back and beats 2 men with some great skill and footwork and good strength too before a very good finish past the keeper! Just before half time! Excellent stuff!

Brown took a nasty knock in a challenge and after trying to run it off, has been subbed. Charlie Mulgrew on in his place!

GOAL!

Commons with a great shot but saved by the keeper. Quick corner taken, caught out St Johnstone, VVD wins the header and it falls the way of Mulgrew who headers it into the back of the net!

3-1 Celtic!

St Johnstone on top now, we've seemingly sat off and some players are looking tired. Had a couple of corners and we've just not been able to take the pressure off and keep the ball.

Sutton hits the bar for St Johnstone.

Scott Allan set to come on it seems.

Bitton coming off sorry, not GMS.

Rogic is likely to drop back I would think and McGregor will go further forward.

STUNNING double save from Craig Gordon!

Ball crossed in from the left, Izzy has 2 men to watch at the back post, he doesn't win it and it's knocked back across and flicked towards goal, reflect save from Gordon but it falls straight back out to a St Johnstone player who knows it goalward and Gordon saves again and tips it round the post, just out of reach of another St Johnstone player!

McGregor ran the ball out from the resulting corner and we ended up with a corner after the ball was switched. Ref blows for full time!

3-1! Poor start but we came back well! We slacked off a little in the 2nd half once 3-1 up but the subs helped a little. I think it was partly down to tired legs to be honest.

Scott Allan definitely has an eye for a pass! Unfortunately not enough other players can see it or get into those positions to actually get the pass! I might be wrong about him and he could soon be a good signing for us. He's certainly going to be good enough in the SPFL, but if he can really push on and develop his game this season then next season we could have an interesting player on our hands!

Rogic had another cracking performance! I expect to see a lot more of him in the SPFL this season and that will certainly help his development!

Griffiths did what he always does!
Commons played well.
GMS looked better today than he has done recently, still looks like something is bothering him!
Hopefully Brown's injury is not serious.
Bitton looked like his usual self instead of the performance we saw in midweek from him.
Mulgrew came on and actually did quite well.
Boyata did well other than the OG, certainly looked more comfortable on the ball, just need to get better communication and organization at the back.
Janko was good, he's so strong and quick, can also deliver a good cross too! I think he's going to be a cracking signing for us!
Izzy did OK but not great.

Blackett has signed on loan for the season, it will be interesting to see if that's as a CB or a LB.

Missed the match.Glad to see a 3-1 win. What happened to Brown?

I bet Blackett is at left back until VvD goes.

Brown slid in to win the ball, which he did, but just a coming together with the St Johnstone player also going for the ball. Seemed to be an impact injury, no studs or malice from the St Johnstone player. He was in a fair bit of pain and stayed down, so you know it's bad when Brown's down! He was helped off the pitch, tried to keep going and run it off but couldn't continue for long so Mulgrew replaced him. Better to be safe than sorry!

Deila was asked about Blackett and he did say it depends on what happens with VVD. If he stays, Blackett's a LB, if he goes then Blackett is a CB.....lol. CRAZY!

Deila also said he wants some more experienced players in to help us in Europe. Clearly that costs money to buy someone, so typically it would be an older player. He confirmed that we tried to sign Darren Fletcher in January but West Brom were able to offer him 3 times the wages we could!
I've done some searching to see who we could sign to help us. Check the other thread for transfers!

Latest Celtic News