v Southampton | Page 9 | Vital Football

v Southampton

Relying on 2 strikers who are both out of contract and are probably already looking elsewhere. Nothing like a bit of motivation to go with all the man management.

Two big matches for us today
Palace v Burnley
Brighton v Villa

Although Everton Fulham tomorrow is the one that really matters imo.

Well Burnley and Brighton are a point ahead of us after today's games. Has it come to this? As long as we are above the bottom 3 the season has been a success? Maybe not for just us but it seems a cluster of clubs all have the same thinking. Can't compete with the big boys but can do enough to keep on the gravy train. It's boring and predictable

Whilst we are a million miles away from top 4 or 6, being shite gives the fans something to keep the nerves and interests frayed. Boring is perma mid table . With the threat of relegation it ensures we keep an eye on results and finishing position. Sadly under this stewardship this will always be the case whilst we dine at the top table of the premier league.
Roll on the Saudi takeover (eventually) so we can rebuild and hopefully challenge.

Whilst we are a million miles away from top 4 or 6, being shite gives the fans something to keep the nerves and interests frayed. Boring is perma mid table . With the threat of relegation it ensures we keep an eye on results and finishing position. Sadly under this stewardship this will always be the case whilst we dine at the top table of the premier league.
Roll on the Saudi takeover (eventually) so we can rebuild and hopefully challenge.
What puzzles me TP is why so many didn't argue this point for the three years our worldly was here ?

As for the takeover, is it still on ? !

I ignore all talk and news of it as it sounds very similar to a line I was fed once about 'flattening some curve'.

What was it Ian Hunter sang, "Once bitten twice shy", we are 10 times bitten twenty shy.

The takeover would seem to be a thing of the past. Let’s hope somebody else comes in soon and offers enough money to out Ashley. Not that I am hopeful it’s something that will happen any time soon.

Oh, Fulham are winning. It's still in our own hands though.
Not with our injuries and the next two-three games Mc.

If they get three points it would be a massive blow to Ashley's chances of premiership coin next season.

Fulham are dominating at the moment.

Only 15 points off a Champions league place 👏

Next two fixtures for SDU
Chelsea
Man Utd

Next two for Fulham (after tonight)
Burnley
Sheff United

With a concerning injury list especially Wilson then things can go pear shaped relatively quickly.

Last edited:
Agent Bruce is looking good to becoming Double Agent Bruce :oops:
We are still favourites to stay up imo, but Fulham have landed a hefty phycological blow tonight.

Their next two games are not easy as the teams they face are fighting for their lives, plus Fulham have to maintain that level of performance, they put in a LOT of effort tonight.

Our problem is the injuries, not sure what they have to do with Bruce , but our only effective striker and arguably our best two defenders suffering significant injuries in our last outing is extremely unlucky.

If we stay up will anyone give our current manager credit, or will the claim that he is lucky or worse still an agent persist ?

You're a betting man Mc, lay your cards on the table 😁

Fulham have done the same as we did at Everton with a 2-0 win which gives them a return of 6 points from the last 5 games with only 1 defeat. Comparing that with our previous 5 games and we have gained the same points but noting that the 2 teams immediately above us have gained more. Amonst those 5 games was a home defeat by Palace which was as poor as it gets. I hope Graeme Jones brings enough ideas to keep us up. It will be him I give credit to and not Bruce. 2/1 for us not to retain Premiership status is a bet I will avoid.

Fulham have done the same as we did at Everton with a 2-0 win which gives them a return of 6 points from the last 5 games with only 1 defeat. Comparing that with our previous 5 games and we have gained the same points but noting that the 2 teams immediately above us have gained more. Amonst those 5 games was a home defeat by Palace which was as poor as it gets. I hope Graeme Jones brings enough ideas to keep us up. It will be him I give credit to and not Bruce. 2/1 for us not to retain Premiership status is a bet I will avoid.
A fair analysis of recent form.

Here's hoping Graeme Jones Jones doesn't injure any more of our key players though 😉

Ironically, the thread title involves Southampton and from them being talked about as being a potential top 4 finisher not so long ago, are now dropping like a stone.

They've managed just 5 points out of their last 10 games.

What puzzles me TP is why so many didn't argue this point for the three years our worldly was here ?

I can only guess the reason why many never mentioned this PM is that they believed in Rafa, he had an end goal and a blueprint to overhaul the club from top to bottom. These coupled with his CV and knack for winning things gave mist of the fans a glimmer of hope . I wish he was still here coaching our defence !!!!
As for the takeover , I believe it is still achievable ( Stavely and the Saudis), something is bubbling away, all the journalists respected and non respective cant all be wrong . Here is hoping it does bear fruit.

I can only guess the reason why many never mentioned this PM is that they believed in Rafa, he had an end goal and a blueprint to overhaul the club from top to bottom. These coupled with his CV and knack for winning things gave mist of the fans a glimmer of hope . I wish he was still here coaching our defence !!!!
As for the takeover , I believe it is still achievable ( Stavely and the Saudis), something is bubbling away, all the journalists respected and non respective cant all be wrong . Here is hoping it does bear fruit.
Based on the logic of the fans who now laud Graeme Jones, Rafa took us down !
Still following that logic, he was a ***** for taking the job in the first place and an even bigger one for staying and helping our owner spend relatively nowt for three years.

I hope you are right about the takeover TP, but like the pandemic, it only appears to exist in the news.