v Southampton | Page 8 | Vital Football

v Southampton

Steve Bruce:

"Callum Wilson has a hamstring, Javier Manquillo has an awful injury and Fab Schar's injury is bad.

🤢

With our ball retention being piss poor and the chelsea game being away , I would have rested him anyway. With or without him it's more than likely going to be a rear guard action once again . Play Gayle and Carroll and fingers crossed the injury is slight and in essence 2 weeks rest may see him ok for Man U away .

Hendrick's red card was one of the most idiotic I've ever seen . Should be bombed out of the club. He's been shit all season and has had one decent game (everton) .

I think Fraser's was worse purely on the time between the two yellows but there's not much in it and both extremely dumb

Wilson played every minute of the last 9 games up until yesterday. Surely could have been rested in between while we were getting stuffed off the likes of arsenal and villa. Especially with his history of hamstring injuries

It was good to see Graham Jones back in the dugout. Maybe it is just coincidence but 'new coach bounce' and all that or is it clutching at straws?

It was good to see Graham Jones back in the dugout. Maybe it is just coincidence but 'new coach bounce' and all that or is it clutching at straws?
Graham Jones can take credit for the latest spate of injuries as well if that's the case Mc 😁

Unsurprisingly Bruce has been telling anyone willing to listen that the players are 'buying into' his new approach.

Personally I see the return of St Max as the catalyst.

Graham Jones can take credit for the latest spate of injuries as well if that's the case Mc 😁

Unsurprisingly Bruce has been telling anyone willing to listen that the players are 'buying into' his new approach.

Personally I see the return of St Max as the catalyst.
As long as it's not the paternity leave as well :grinning:.
Totally agree about ASM. His ability to beat a man and the way he played a perfect pass for Willock to open his account with us has been sadly missing during his enforced absence. I don't think he is still 100% fit but what he offers at his present fitness level is better than anything we had when he was missing through illness or injury.

I'm no fan of Bruce but I think the run of difficult games coinciding with covid affecting the squad has been conveniently ignored by many

It could be argued that a better manager might have got a hold of it before the downward spiral really kicked in but ultimately without ASM we offer very little going forward

Bruce is shite but there isn't another manager out there that I would want to come in under Ashley

Last edited:
As long as it's not the paternity leave as well :grinning:.
Totally agree about ASM. His ability to beat a man and the way he played a perfect pass for Willock to open his account with us has been sadly missing during his enforced absence. I don't think he is still 100% fit but what he offers at his present fitness level is better than anything we had when he was missing through illness or injury.
Aye paternity leave 🤦‍♂️

I'm no fan of Bruce but I think the run of difficult games coinciding with covid affecting the squad has been conveniently ignored by many

It could be argued that a better manager might have got a hold of it before the downward spiral really kicked in but ultimately without ASM we offer very little going forward

Bruce is dhite but there inst another manager out there that I would want to come in under Ashley
He looks out his depth to me at times Mc.
As you already stated that could be down to circumstances out of his control though.

He is determined to let us know that the problems on the pitch were down to Rafa coaching football out of the players and has mentioned on numerous occasions now their struggle to adapt to his 'his approach'.

Going by their reactions to winning, it looks like they have kissed and made up and the sprit within the squad is there to be seen .

If he leaves Almiron out again though he will be permanently in my bad books, that was nowt to do with Benitez.

Bruce is shite but there isn't another manager out there that I would want to come in under Ashley
There in lies the problem who the fuck apart from the likes of Bruce would want to work for Ashley. He just does as he likes he as in Ashley doesn’t give a fuck about the club and as for supporters he’s not keen on us either. The bloke is a knobhead, a twat. Maybe that’s why he’s so rich. I can’t stand the bloke, not that it’s going to bother him if we like him or not.

They may well pay the price for not bringing in another striker in the transfer window, with Wilson out for 2 months. Instead we have to rely on Gayle and Carroll and hope ASM stays fit.