v Leeds | Page 3 | Vital Football

v Leeds

Not good enough . We're like a starving man offered a dry cracker it's better than nothing but it's still a dry fucking cracker. It's just such a rarity to see the players really giving their all to try and get something out of the game it seems like progress but it isn't. We were beaten, again . Carved open time and time again . Defence like a bloody colander and how many times did the team give away cheap possession ? Jonjo Shelvey should never play for this club again. Joe Biden runs quicker than him and he frequently hides when other players are looking for someone to show for the ball. The tactics when losing are simply to hoy attackers on and hope the best kid on the park can do summat. This is the Premier League boys and girls, and any club should be expecting more.

Last edited:
The players looked like they were prepared to compete and people give them credit for losing to another side on a poor run. Earning the money they do they should be prepared to compete. No excuses for a reasonable half a game of football, some are easily pleased . Well if thats your cup of tea. I'm not, this run is diabolical and the club, management and players are a total joke.

I thought we played well 2nd half and deserved a point. Leeds however are very open at the back other teams not so. Oh well at least I quite enjoyed the 2nd half for a change.

Last edited:
I place a large amount of blame tonight on Jacob Murphy

Far too often doing his own thing and getting caught out of position

He obviously fancies himself as a striker which isnt great when playing right back

When you look at what went wrong on their goals tactically. Murphy (a right winger) was supposedly playing at right back and was so obviously often out of position all the game that Hayden (a central midfielder) then filled that slot both in attacking phases and defensive phases. This left huge space between him and Lascelles (centre half, not fit, had covid, been crap for over a season) and Leeds were easily able to exploit it .

It's the tactics from Bruce, as well as his terrible habit of playing players out of position. Murphy is a WINGER do not expect him to be a decent right back, and Hayden is a MIDFIELDER !! There are three right backs already in the first team squad ffs. You've also got the coaching staff and Bruce's refusal to do anything about these galling errors which were evident early in the first half . I can see it and most viewing could see it . Is it too much to ask to expect a professional football manager and half a dozen Continental licenced coaches to ?

Also no communication between players especially senior players. Why wasn't Hayden sorting Murphy out and Lascelles sorting out Hayden ? Look when we concede even a chance there's never anyone bollocking their teammates. If you've played at any level that's a basic requirement, "Oi fucking pick him up or oi stop bombing on ". The basics aren't being demanded at this club . Not even the fucking basics .

Bruce now 8/15 to be the next Premiership manager to be sacked. Ashley can see his dream of selling to foreign investors will disappear as quick as snow in the desert. Masters will be relieved and the 'top table' of teams can do as they please without any deluded fans asking for a bit more effort from their lowly team. We know our place.

Good assesments Keggy

There is no doubt about it that Bruce is a football dinosaur but also very much apparent to me, what a difference genuine quality makes.

ASM might not save Bruce's job but he just might save our season

We have such a poor squad - a whole load of lilacs

Says a lot when some folk are creaming over our 2nd half performance, fed on a half decent performance under a Jurassic fkn coach, there's a nucleus of some half decent players, Lingard on loan would be perfect to gel the attack but fatty probably won't dip in his pocket for him.At least we were spared any hoofball tactics for 45 minutes. Central midfield needs sorting quickly, hopefully before the Everton game or we'll get hammered.

Might be too late Ry. When was it that a promoted team got the double over us in the Prem? That non refundable deposit of £17m looks safely nestled in Ashley's back pocket now.

Last edited:
How many times have we heard:
"We gifted them a goal"
"I was encouraged by our 2nd half, it gives us something to work on"
"back to the training ground" or similar.
All soundbites from Bruce's excuse list.
Cant see us getting anything at Everton and Bruce still in charge.
Any takeover looks distant, any suitors will back peddle fast seeing our displays and position.

It would have been far better to lose by a cricket score. We might have got rid of Bruce and a new boss might suss out some of the senior players masquerading as footballers. Ashleys "race to the bottom" is almost complete.

Might be too late Ry. When was it that a promoted team got the double over us in the Prem? That non refundable deposit of £17m looks safely nestled in Ashley's back pocket now.

Not just that - first league double for Leeds over Newcastle since 1975-6 (when Newcastle were distracted fighting cup runs on 2 fronts).

We are deep in the mire one of the bottom 3 will go on a winning run and overtake us. I predict Fulham to do this. It’s so frustrating watching another NUFC side self destruct.

No surprise really that we scored against Leeds, they concede quite a few, unfortunately for us they score a good few as well. Their keeper was not really tested.