v. Hunmarnock | Vital Football

v. Hunmarnock

welch47

Vital Football Hero
Well, we need a win badly, and it really needs to be an emphatic victory to send a message to the rest of the league that they can fekk off. Forrest appears to be back, as well as Denayer. I think a rusty Denayer is still better than Ambrose. I figure Deila goes with:

Matthews---Denayer----------VvD----Izzy
Forrest-----Brown------Biton---------Johansen
-----Griffiths---------Guidetti-------------------

Celtic team: Gordon; Matthews, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Henderson, Johansen, Commons; Scepovic. Subs: Zaluska, Guidetti, Griffiths, O’Connell, Fisher, McGregor, Thomson

Wow, Guidetti to the bench for Commons and Sceppo. Henderson gets a nod. What's the formation?

Kilmarnock's artificial pitch means that players returning from injury are not taking part tonight. It can be risky to players with knocks and strains because they're not used to playing on the surface.

Commons back in, hopefully he's fired up and plays well tonight. Scepovic gets his chance up front, time to take it! Henderson in, I think he'll play off the right, Johansen off the left and Commons behind Scepovic through the middle. Hopefully Henderson can have a creative night!
Interestingly young bench tonight. All have first team experience other than Thomson so it doesn't worry me. In fact I'm actually quite pleased! I think Tierney would have been involved tonight but unfortunately just after our previous game where he was named among the subs, he suffered a broken leg in training.
So often our most talented youngsters are suffering bad injuries that derail or even end their careers! Thomson is a good young midfielder as well though so would be nice to see him get a chance if we can put this one to bed early!

We should be up 3-0. Finishing is still an issue. We are ripping the woodwork like each post shot is worth two goals.

Commons has hit the bar twice but other than that it's a similar story to recent games in terms of creating and finishing.

Hopefully add a few 2nd half

Latest Celtic News