v Hamilton | Page 11 | Vital Football

v Hamilton

I don't like a 3-5-2. The midfielders all seem to trip over each other and no one tries to attack up the middle. It
s like we cut down our own space.

I think I agree. I think it pushes us to pass it shorter instead of sometimes being better off going long. I still like a 3-5-2 but I also think we need to mix it up. I think BR feels he needs to try and put as many of his best players on the pitch at once and he seems to think that means more of his midfielders. The other thing with the 3-5-2 we've been playing is it's not usually 2 out and out strikers which doesn't help.

This second half has been boring at times! We're supposed to be trying to play attractive, attacking and exciting football......but we don't look like we want to a lot of the time today!

How many wanted a chance to pull the trigger and score there? Yet nobody could put it in the back of the net!

Well, we're yawning over the finish line, but over that line we go. Seven in a row. Hail Hail! It's annoying that every player is afraid to run at the defense in the middle. There's space and other teams foul our players like donkeys. Alas, three points.

I don't like a 3-5-2. The midfielders all seem to trip over each other and no one tries to attack up the middle. It
s like we cut down our own space.

Think the players would play exactly the same way regardless of formation. It's become the only way they can play this season and that's down to the managers instructions. There's no directness about our play. No quick balls forward to split a defence. No long balls allowed. No variation whatsoever.

And it's bloody boring to watch!

McGregor was really good today, Roberts did well given his lack of playing time recently and Tierney looked like he'd never been away. Griffiths did well and offered something a bit different when he came on.
Ntcham gets pass marks as he did well at times but certainly not his best performance.

Other than that, I think everyone needs to up their game from what we saw today.

Latest Celtic News