v Hamilton | Vital Football

v Hamilton

Celtic team: Gordon, Matthews, van Dijk, Denayer, Izaguirre; Bitton, Brown; Commons, Johansen, Henderson; Griffiths

subs:Zaluska, Ambrose, Guidetti, Scepovic, Fisher, McGregor, Thomson

Marvelous shot from Matthews! Just what we needed. We could use some outside shots into the net. We're always trying to walk the ball over the line. 1-0.

2 beautifully struck goals but we failed to really make clear chances and it was a very scrappy game. Some very poor and sloppy passing at times. Hamilton made it difficult though, they were full of energy and didn't allow us any time on the ball.

Matthews got MOTM but I think special praise needs to go to Denayer as well. His first game back since injury and he looked very good! He was commanding at the back, strong and made a lot of important blocks too!

I think the worrying bit is that there isn't long until the Inter Milan game and our strikers are not currently getting goals.....one of them needs to start scoring soon if we're to have any chance against Inter!

Very true. I think Guidetti needed some time on the park because we will need him against Inter. The Nerrazurra are currently foundering, by the way, having tied Empoli 0-0. I watched the match and they appear very choppy. We'll still have to be great to advance, but it;s not a lost cause.

CELTIC (4-2-3-1) Gordon; Ambrose, Denayer, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Commons, Johansen, Forrest; Guidetti.

Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Griffiths, Wakaso, Henderson

Started really brightly and should already be a couple in front.

HT 0-0

All Celtic during the first 45 but goals eluding us once more.

Some very good passing and interchanges. Ambrose, playing at RB, has delivered some fine crosses into the box. Broony has cleared up any danger - mainly from long balls.

Latest Celtic News