v Everton | Page 2 | Vital Football

v Everton

Turned over by West Ham one week and Everton the next, neither of which are teams that have you wanking over their footballing ability! In fact two teams that are shite, just happen to be slightly less shite than Newcastle

Just shows how shite west ham are, gettin beat by Cardiff. Which in turn shows how shite we are

Can I just say, Rafa listened to me there, from disgusted to repulsed in 45 mins, that’s my team. Smiling at the Gallowgate now are you Pickford you fat arsed cheating ****. NUFC

Just shows how shite west ham are, gettin beat by Cardiff. Which in turn shows how shite we are
Aye Cardiff put a spanner in the works with that result.
Chelsea Burnley Man city and Liverpool for them next though.

The first half was all about tactics and the referee. The ref playing his part in not going by the laws of the game, laws that quite often go against us I may add in what was an obvious goal scoring chance for Rondon against the mackem and that's not even mentioning the unpunished dive in the box by one of their players later on.

The Everton manager deserves credit for that first half aside from the controversy in that he set them up with a diamond in the middle that saw us swamped and unable to progress with longer passing hampered by the strong wind although the scoreline flattered them as they weren't all that good.

The second half saw a change of tactics by Rafa with a wing back system and 3 at the back being the order of the day with our midfield stepping up about 5 yards further up the pitch. I don't know what was said or put in Perez's half time drink but he was transformed into a man possessed with some of his touch and movement. His reward being a well earned brace and celebration in front of the gallowgate instead of the usual hot air.

Overall a well earned and deserved win that was celebrated by 9 of the team at the final whistle whilst Perez and A. N. Other disappeared down the tunnel sharpish. Maybe the relationship between them two and the fans isn't what it should be and for me is a problem in the future but maybe I see things that aren't there. Just a slight concern.

We're nowhere near safe yet and there's still plenty of time for twists and turns.

On saying that it's one team from ten to get that final relegation spot with Fulham and Huddersfield just shy of confirmation.

It's anyone from West Ham on 39 points in 9th to Cardiff in 18th with 28 points. If any season needs 40 points for survival then it's this one, even then that number may need to be 42.

Is Ritchie the nominated penalty taker? His conversion rate is not really good enough but I can only think of Kenedy's weak effort at Cardiff at the start of the season for anyone else who has attempted the task. From possibly 1-1 to 0-2 in a minute. It makes the comeback all the more remarkable.

Fun to see on MOTD, knowing the result (had a poor feed for the match).

Pickford should have been off but on reflection, nice to see him make a mistake and suffer an equally poor refereeing decision. One of a very few moments this season that being in the Gallowgate would have been more fulfilling than boycotting.