v Everton | Page 3 | Vital Football

v Everton

Having just watched the highlights again whilst sober, it comes as no surprise as to why Everton scored their first. Captain Fantastic. Of course he’s happy with the squad and the new contract as stated, because he appreciates he’s fucking woeful and playing alongside Boumsong would be a treat for him, never mind half decent players.

The first half was all about tactics and the referee. The ref playing his part in not going by the laws of the game, laws that quite often go against us I may add in what was an obvious goal scoring chance for Rondon against the mackem and that's not even mentioning the unpunished dive in the box by one of their players later on.

The Everton manager deserves credit for that first half aside from the controversy in that he set them up with a diamond in the middle that saw us swamped and unable to progress with longer passing hampered by the strong wind although the scoreline flattered them as they weren't all that good.

The second half saw a change of tactics by Rafa with a wing back system and 3 at the back being the order of the day with our midfield stepping up about 5 yards further up the pitch. I don't know what was said or put in Perez's half time drink but he was transformed into a man possessed with some of his touch and movement. His reward being a well earned brace and celebration in front of the gallowgate instead of the usual hot air.

Overall a well earned and deserved win that was celebrated by 9 of the team at the final whistle whilst Perez and A. N. Other disappeared down the tunnel sharpish. Maybe the relationship between them two and the fans isn't what it should be and for me is a problem in the future but maybe I see things that aren't there. Just a slight concern.

Quite an in depth analysis from the MOTD highlights?

Reading that Everton have led 2-0 at HT 394 times in their history and only lost twice including yesterday. We played at Old Trafford earlier in the season and were leading 2-0 at HT (should have been 3 had a blatant hand ball by Young been spotted) and contrived to lose 2-3. Winning and losing in one season from that 2-0 half time stat could only happen to us. As a supporter of this lot you have to expect the unexpected.

Thats your choice TNMW but please dont bother posting stuff about the lemmings going to the ground supporting Ashley when you are one of them, a few weeks ago you posted how you had seen the light blah blah blah even if you dont pay you are as thick as the rest who do pay. At least you were honest but you cant have it all ways you collaborator

It's a long story that saw it tough for me to contribute to this forum for a period but technically speaking, I still don't line Ashley's pockets and only go when offered tickets from family members.

class myself as an educated fan who, when I look back now, has made decisions that were done with just myself in mind. Personally speaking, when I have attended at any point of the Ashley era I look back now and see the damage it has caused because I hate most of our fanbase with a passion now.

Do you recognise the statement above TNMW you said that on the getting near the end thread. I take it you have changed your mind again

Personally speaking I wouldn't go back to Ashley's Newcastle if I was paid to attend.Go for free,pay to go,all guilty of endorsing the thieving prick.

My personal viewpoint is If he's getting free tickets and spending nowt in the ground he's not lining fatties pockets.