v. Dundee | Page 8 | Vital Football

v. Dundee

Well, we got all three points but what a terrible performance. Every pass was about a yard behind. We still have no one helping Roberts on the right when he gets double teamed and we allowed them far too many looks at goal. Credit to Roberts and de Vries, our two best players.

Hey, sometimes you're just off and champions figure out how to win anyway. So credit to the Bhoys. But the team is so out of synch without Brown.

welch47 - 14/10/2017 16:46

Well, we got all three points but what a terrible performance. Every pass was about a yard behind. We still have no one helping Roberts on the right when he gets double teamed and we allowed them far too many looks at goal. Credit to Roberts and de Vries, our two best players.

Hey, sometimes you're just off and champions figure out how to win anyway. So credit to the Bhoys. But the team is so out of synch without Brown.

Saved me writing that, David Makeshift team so wasn't expecting a lot. Bain kept them in it and big Doris saved our arses. 3 points, clean sheet and Kouassi back are the positives. Henderson's time is up. Punt.

Ah, Henderson deserves another shot, but based on the evidence he won't make it. I thought Kouassi did pretty well. Ntcham did, too, but he's better with Brown. Bitton looked pretty good today. Very composed.

Rodgers in the post-match interview saying we need to combine more in the final third and the passing was not crisp. I hope by the former, he means he's going to tell someone to work with Roberts when he gets isolation on the wing.

welch47 - 14/10/2017 17:05

Why so many empty seats today?

School holiday here at the moment. Probably a lot of families away.

I missed the last 15mins there but doesn't sound like we were much good.

If Henderson wants to make it, it's not good enough to just work hard in training and listen to the manager, when he gets his chances he has to show it on the pitch and that's unfortunately not what he's done since BR has been here! From what I remember reading and hearing, BR rates him....thinks he's a good player but unfortunately not good enough to get into the team regularly and one of the reasons he didn't want to put him out on loan is that he likes to work closely with the squad and younger players to help improve them. Like I say though, Henderson's problem is that if he doesn't improve what he does on the pitch when he gets the chance, he's going to be out of here! He's still only 21 and remember McGregor was about 22 before he broke through into the team but even then it wasn't until last season we really saw the best from him. Henderson might have another couple of years but it depends what BR sees. He might send him on loan because one thing he is lacking is game time and minutes on the pitch. He's not even playing for the Development Squad these days so doesn't get that kind of game time either.

DDV made some cracking saves. That was the sort of goalkeeper we were hoping we'd get when we signed him!

How did Ajer cope when he came on? Played him at RB for Gamboa which is obviously not his position, especially in a team like ours where we like our fullbacks to get forward.

I didn't see any performance that was particularly below par today.....but not many players shone through either. I don't think McGregor gave enough support to Roberts on the right and that was part of the problem. Sinclair tried but not a lot came off for him. Same goes for Griffiths, would probably be praising him as our best player had he finished some of those good chances he had!
Boyata was generally very good but was caught out a couple of times and we were just lucky they didn't score from them.

Hopefully we see better performances against Bayern or it's going to be a HORRIBLE night for us!

Wed 04/04/18

CELTIC (4-1-2-3) Gordon; Lustig, Hendry, Boyata, McGregor; Brown; Rogic, Armstrong; Forrest, Dembele, Sinclair.

Subs: De Vries, Roberts, Griffiths, Ntcham, Edouard, Ajer, Musonda

Gordon comes in for the ineligible Bain in what will be his 200th appearance for the club. He also has a chance to record his 100th clean sheet.

Hendry in for Ajer is the only other change from the team that beat Ross County.

Evening! Trying to get used to this new layout and stuff for the website and forums. Anyway, got here eventually!

I would assume that Ajer is just being given a little rest and Hendry a chance to show he's improving and a can build on his first full Scotland cap.

Otherwise, not a lot to say really, let's just hope they can find a good result on the back of a win as that's been our downfall this season. We win, keep the same team and that same team can't then go and win the next game.....odd but it's generally what's happened this season!

Oh yeah, I just came in to post and didn't realise you'd replied either......there's a bug they need to fix.

I don't get more than 30 seconds without buffering so not really sure how the game is going so far.

I was just going to say I don't quite understand why BR is using McGregor as a sort of fill-in LB while Tierney is out of the team. We have Calvin Miller who would slot in at LB if BR wanted to play with a 4 at the back, which at times he does and at other time he wants to play with 3 at the back......it's a bit strange! Fluid though which is good and to be fair when I saw the highlights from the RC game at the weekend, McGregor played really well getting forward from that deeper left side role he was playing.

Oh yeah, I just came in to post and didn't realise you'd replied either......there's a bug they need to fix.

I don't get more than 30 seconds without buffering so not really sure how the game is going so far.

I was just going to say I don't quite understand why BR is using McGregor as a sort of fill-in LB while Tierney is out of the team. We have Calvin Miller who would slot in at LB if BR wanted to play with a 4 at the back, which at times he does and at other time he wants to play with 3 at the back......it's a bit strange! Fluid though which is good and to be fair when I saw the highlights from the RC game at the weekend, McGregor played really well getting forward from that deeper left side role he was playing.

Celtic tv is a bad joke. God help the poor feckers who actually pay for it!

BR seems to prefer CalMac in there and to be fair he's done well when called on.

Yeah, few glitches mate.

Latest Celtic News