v. Dundee | Page 7 | Vital Football

v. Dundee

Back to domestic action this weekend! Looks as though the squad might still be a bit stretched. Not sure if Brown, Armstrong or Simunovic are fit yet. Rogic will still be getting back from Oz.

I'd maybe go with:

Gordon
Ralston - Ajer - Boyata - Tierney
Ntcham - McGregor
Forrest - Roberts - Sinclair
Dembele

Subs: DDV, Lustig, Bitton, Griffiths, Edouard, Henderson, Benyu

Just watched the Facebook live video of the Bhoys training ahead of this weekend's game and as expected, no Brown or Armstrong.

Griffiths is fit, Kouassi is still in training but not sure how far away he is from being able to play. I didn't see Simunovic training either!
Ajer had to have his shoulder popped back into place during the international break as he helped Norway U21s beat Germany U21s! He didn't let his dislocated shoulder stop him playing either. Once it was popped back in he continued playing! I still feel he should get a chance and with both Simunovic and Sviatchenko out and Lustig having played 2 games over the break and as recently as Tuesday night, I think Ajer should start at the back!

The good news appears to be that all 3 of Brown, Armstrong and Simunovic will be fit to face Bayern next week, they did join in with training yesterday but it's limited while they recover and they won't be risked this weekend to make sure they are all ok for Bayern next week!

Sviatchenko is also very close to a comeback, I'd hope he isn't thrown in against Dundee but perhaps put him on the bench. If not available for this weekend then he should be fit for Bayern in midweek but again I'd put him on the bench as he needs to build up his game time. We've got plenty of games over the coming weeks for him to play in!

There is seemingly a rumour that Craig Gordon is going to be dropped for today's game against Dundee with DDV set to get his first start of the season. It would seem like a rather strange move, generally most managers don't like to change their GK other than to perhaps give them some time in Cup games.
Perhaps this will come with a change in defence? Secondary defence who perhaps train more with DDV and so there is better communication between the defence and GK?

Today's team:

DDV
Gamboa - Bitton - Boyata - Tierney (C)
Ntcham - Kouassi
Roberts - McGregor - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: Hazard, Ajer, Miller, Edouard, Dembele, Henderson and Forrest

I'm relatively pleased with that team. I don't think Ralston is quite fit enough yet which is why Gamboa is in, no surprise Lustig isn't playing after an injury scare and then 2 big international games for him.
I'd still rather that Ajer started playing at CB instead of Bitton when we need to play either of them. Can only hope he'll start one or two games over the next few weeks with a hectic schedule ahead.
Tierney is captain for the day.....there's wasn't going to be anyone else taking the armband in this team!
GREAT to see Kouassi back in the team and to start the game as well, great stuff! Just hope it goes well for him. I wouldn't expect him to play the whole game though so we MUST be planning to bring on Ajer or Henderson at some stage which is good news for both of them!

Don't like that team at all. The midfield of Ntcham and Kouassi is unbalanced and a risk as they haven't played together before. Don't think we need two holding midfielders at home tbh. The lesser spotted Gamboa is another risk albeit one we have little choice about. Never like seeing Bitton at the back. wtf is the point in playing DDV?

Hope my doubts prove to be wrong

Get your point about Ntcham and Kouassi but again, we don't have many options with Brown AND Armstrong out and Rogic not really available doesn't even mean we can move McGregor back.

I don't know why DDV is playing but the fact Gordon isn't even on the bench suggest he either has an injury or it's believed he just needs to be rested.....I would imagine more mental fatigue than physical for a GK.

Good bright start from us here! Gamboa geting forward well there and cutting it back to McGregor who goes for the far post but it goes wide.

G'Day, Ghents. :emoticon:14 Yeah, Rodgers giving some fringe players a shot, it seems. Maybe extend the break of some who played a lot of international duty.

David :emoticon:14

Okay first half but neither Kouassi or ntcham are offering any support to our attack. Everything going wide makes us too predictable. Unbalanced.

McGregor has been fairly quiet as well, unable to get the ball in to him and go through the middle and cause them more problems rather than just causing them problems out wide. Unlucky not to be in front as had some good chances but just not quite getting through at the moment.

Ntcham opens the scoring! Great shot after some good pressing play. 1-0! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

GOAL! Ntcham! Great strike! Gets the outside swerve to take it away from the keeper and to the far post! Cracker!

Looking a bit rusty in this second half, it's not flowing well but that goal should help!

It's one of those days and games where, not for a lack of trying or effort, the ball just hasn't quite fallen for us or it just hasn't gone in. The ref has not helped matters......

Liam Henderson on for Kouassi. He's had a good game in all and it's great to see him back. 66mins under his belt, now a chance for Henderson to show he's worth keeping at the club, fingers crossed because I like him.

GREAT save by DDV! Great reflexes from the shot by Dundee before a clash of heads has stopped play. Gamboa was the Celtic player down. Looks like he's coming off and Ajer is coming on (that changed as I was typing as Gamboa seems to have recovered and will continue. Good chance of a concussion from that clash. It doesn't look so good for Dundee's Hendry though. Possibly a cut to his head.

Latest Celtic News