v. Dundee | Page 9 | Vital Football

v. Dundee

This is shite. Defenders letting thye ball bounce and then almost spunking away a goal.

HT 0-0
Far too predictable from us yet again. Everything down the left, again. Failing to counter quickly enough, again. No invention or spark just the same slow possession for possessions' sake. A zero risk game.

From what I've been able to gather so far, it's a typically frustrating performance where we're unable to play as well tonight as we did at the weekend.

The stream I've got is working better now that it's HT! Hitting

That's better play, quick and flowing attack. Just a shame Armstrong can't get the shot on target!

Griff on for Dembele, Edouard on for Sinclair and Ntcham also coming on for Rogic.

Bold move, all 3 subs at once!

That was shite and truth be told we've been verging between shite and just doing enough for months.

Another poor and predictable home performance. No invention and unable to break teams down. Not scoring nearly enough goals considering the talent at our disposal. Predictability is easy to counter. Teams have figured Rodgers' game plan out.

I agree, predictable play and often too slow. Speed and pace in our attacks is our usual method of goals. We have to try and draw teams out to leave space to exploit and when we create that space, we have to use it quickly! Particularly at home, teams aren't being drawn out, they're sitting back and stopping us from getting that space.

Rodgers needs to come up with a new formation or game plan or something. Be more direct, getting Edouard and Dembele up front at the same time and put some quality balls into the box, try and get them a header, then have Ntcham/Armstrong/Calmac/Rogic surrounding the edge of the box for knock downs. Brown sits back, Forrest and Sinclair are out on the wings to whip the balls in.......

Alternatively, hell got with a front 3! Stick Griffiths out on the right, Edouard on the left and Dembele through the middle.
Midfield 3 of Brown, and any of the others, with a back 4. Yes Tierney is currently out injured but we've seen Calmac can fill in there or we use Miller, Lustig can play RB.

I think we'll see a different performance away to Hamilton on Sunday.

Interesting to see that Celtic's Facebook live this morning is showing us training indoors on the artificial pitches to get ready for Hamilton's artificial pitch on Sunday.

Interesting! Can't recall if we've ever prepared like this for Hamilton or for any euro games where artificial surfaces have been a factor.

Can you remember us doing this before?

Get them practicing passing the ball forward quickly and shooting at the big white thing with nets!!!

Latest Celtic News