v. Dundee | Page 2 | Vital Football

v. Dundee

Izzy has been great but that's the worst penalty I've ever seen.Should have let Cifti take it to open his account. Sometimes it just takes that first goal to get a striker going.

Yas Broony gets it right up that hun Mclean 5-0

And then Cifcti gets it up the chunt even further by scoring his first Celtic goal and makes it 6-0 (it should've been his 2nd but for that chunt Mclean ruling his actual 1st off because a CELTIC player was pushed to the ground inside the Dundee box.)

Yeah, this as what should be doing every week. I don't know if we were that good or they are that bad, but there are a couple of observations. I don't think Johansen is the automatic start he has been under Ronny. Honestly, he has been pretty dire this season. We looked my more cohesive and dynamic without him. Janko is raw but looked very good. I'd start him in league games and let Lustig stay fit for Europa League matches.

Second, and more importantly, Commons did not score but his footwork and ability to shoot from outside forces defenses to come out of the box and come after him. It creates space for others. Let's call it the Nakamura effect. Ronny loves young, fitness junkies who can run a 4.3 40-yard dash. I like players who can worry defenders and score. Commons needs to play more.

Agree. Johansen has been killing our attacking fluidity and giving away possession since the season started. The number of stupid free kicks he concedes by needlessly pushing oppo players is ridiculous. KC always likely to either create a goal or score himself. The number of free kicks he draws is another major plus.

I think Scott Allan is the closest thing we have to KC. Looking forward to him getting over this injury and getting himself back in contention.

That is another issue with Johansen. Something is wrong with his head. In addition to the poor play, he has become a fouling machine and many are off the ball after play is whistled dead. In short, his attitude sucks as badly as his play. I'd sit him in favor of Commons, GMS, Allan or Rogic until he finds his head again.

Didn't see the game but caught up with the highlights last night! Cracking performance it seems!

Great for Rogic to be back on the scoresheet again, he's going to keep improving all season! A good strong season in the SPFL will set him on the path to being a top player for us and even then being ready for Europe! I don't think he's a starter for us in Europe yet but that's because he's never had a full season of football under his belt!
Griffiths was unlucky not to have a few more and I'm sure he'll be more disappointed than anyone else that he didn't finish more of his opportunities.
Broony getting a goal is great for him and his confidence as he's had a bit of stick this season that he's not performing to his usual standard! I didn't see how the rest of his play was but I'm hoping it was good!
Janko seemed to do well, what was he like defending? Cope well?
I think after the sending off against Ajax, Izzy was desperate to make up for it and that's why he was attacking so much. Did well for both of his goals but my word that was a bad penalty! Even he laughed though! The thing is, normally he wouldn't be our penalty taker and it was the circumstances that allowed him to take it, so you can laugh about it!
Commons seems to be on form this season, I wouldn't say use him in every game but he's certainly looking back to form compared to last season! His touch looks better, he looks fitter and he looks hungry for success!
How did Ambrose and Boyata do in defence? There was very little of them in the highlights but that's probably because they didn't have much to do.

On the topic of Johansen.....I agree with you both! He's not playing that well, he's giving the ball away cheaply either with poor passing or not passing when he should. Couple that with his off the ball antics and silly fouls and it's not going to get him in the team every week!
Worryingly, it's reminiscent of Beram Kayal.....trying to be the new Scott Brown! Leading on the pitch, getting stuck in to challenges and getting the opposition riled up! Brown has learned how to do it over a number of years and having played and trained with other players who are VERY good at it. Johansen needs to just cut that out and concentrate on doing what he does best, running with the ball and supporting the striker. Break up the play from the front!

That's a very good observation about Johansen. His behavior is a lot like Kayal and his performance does not merit the petulence. At least Roy Keane kicked ass. Dundee is a relegation candidate, so let's not get drunk on this performance. But the team was so much better with Commons and Rogic and without Johansen.

Remember what happened with Kayal once he started playing like that as well? That was pretty much the end for him! Between that and his injury.

I don't think I'd go with Rogic in Europe, I can understand Johansen playing then but if Armstrong was fit, I think I'd rather go with him than Johansen right now! Alternatively you start GMS but his form has been a bit iffy. The thing is GMS generally hasn't played badly but he's also not been particularly outstanding either. Looks like he needs a confidence boost!

For domestic games, I'd go with GMS, Rogic and Commons, maybe Forrest in for one of them but we seem to be managing him to avoid him getting injured again so he won't play every game.
In Europe Johansen would replace Rogic but that's more an experience thing.

Latest Celtic News