v Brighton | Page 6 | Vital Football

v Brighton

He will get his come uppance one day. What goes arround, Comes arround.
Quite happy to leave an incompetent CE (Charnley) and Manager with mediocre coaches in charge and life in The Championship, as he knows nothing about football. It also appears there is nobody prepared to stand up to him. Fans have the ammunition, boycott the games when crowds return and boycott his shops to start with
Many won’t though that’s the problem. I am not saying this is right but many will want their football fix no matter what league we are in so it’s a win,win for Ashley under the circumstances.

Ashley isn't bothered about relegation, why would he? Gone down twice (soon to be 3) and came straight back up both times. Cheaper to buy promotion from the Championship than aim for 17th in the PL.

Other things don't make sense - Is he expecting Bruce to get promoted? Not with that squad and as Finn said earlier, he spent shit load at Villa who were favourites only to end up mid table.

Is he holding out cos he won't be here much longer so he doesn't have to spend any fucking money? Pockets the TV cash then does a runner, leaving squad rebuilding and Bruce's pay off to any new owners........BUT

Arbitration will take ages and no guarantees of a successful outcome. Does he think he can skate round the PL O&D's by doing the EFL test instead? I thought Championship clubs still need PL approval or they simply won't be allowed to be promoted. Especially a high profile one like this, can't see the EFL to have the guts to approve it with the PL breathing down their necks.

Who knows, anything is possible with Ashley, he has a knack of being a ****, then when you think he couldn't possibly be an even bigger **** he manages it every single time.

I don’t think there is a takeover UKR. I think this arbitration stuff is aimed at getting a judgment in his favour so he can sue more than anything else. Particularly, as you say, the proceedings could be quite protracted and Newcastle could well be headed for the 3rd division before those proceedings are concluded.

The takeover bird has long since flown imo. Probably about to nest in Milan by all accounts.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a takeover either but he's acting like he knows he won't be around much longer. That's the odd thing about it as any resolution is MONTHS if not over a year away. I agree that he's after a payout from suing the PL rather than selling to the Saudi's.

Perhaps thats it - he'll sue the PL for £340m then he can sell the the club for a fiver in League Two. Either way he gets his over inflated price in his pocket and allows the club to plummet even further in a final "fuck you" to the fans.

Like I said ANYTHING is possible with that **** and just when he couldn't stoop any lower, he does!

If anything Ashley has put more effort into his advertising blitz during the home games than the football club. 'Back to school' and 60% off from his tat shops were plastered all over. As for a takeover? It is long gone, if it was ever close. Ashley is trying to make it look like he is keen for it to happen. He has his non-refundable £17M from the deal and doesn't want it to look like he knew what might happen. De Marco seems to have stopped playing cat and mouse with his tweets and Mandy hasn't been heard of since Barclay's woke her up from dreaming of £800M.

The appeal against one of the members of the arbitration panel was only settled this month. So takeover or compensation package or neither is still a long way off .

Looking at the end of NEXT season before that's sorted!

Probably as simple as he wants relegation then he can clear the decks, sell who he can, maybe chuck a few more quid at a squad rebuild and add it to his existing "loan".

He'll do something to sweeten the pot because even the sheep are threatening not to go back when restrictions are lifted. He doesn't like an empty Stadium and he won't give 50,000 tickets away free.

Move Bruce into a DoF (Kinnear) role and bring in Eddie Howe by making similar promises he did with Benitez. Crowds start to go back and return to normal if results are going well, straight back up at the first attempt for the third time and hope the new squad can keep themselves in the PL for 3 or 4 seasons to cream the PL TV cash.

He's up to something and it won't be for the benefit of the club, fucking snake!

The fat **** is up to something because it doesn't look like he's bothered one jot about relegation.

I reckon there's a clause in Bruce's contract that determines fat boy can get rid for a lot less money if we drop into the relegation zone. Would also explain Bruce's behaviour of late. I genuinely think Bruce is playing for the sack but He wants it before we drop into the bottom 3. That also explains Ashleys behaviour in sticking with him.

Eeeee for a minute there I thought you were suggesting that Ashley had methods in place to punish failure and promote success

Eeeee for a minute there I thought you were suggesting that Ashley had methods in place to punish failure and promote success

Absolutely not. As bad as Ashley is he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice. And by mistake I'm referring to decisions he's made where he's burned himself.

Absolutely not. As bad as Ashley is he doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice. And by mistake I'm referring to decisions he's made where he's burned himself.

Not sure about that statement. There's the obvious mistakes like the shittest managers getting the most financial support ( Mclaren , Bruce) how about the lack of player relation wage reduction clauses in the current squad ?

Not sure about that statement. There's the obvious mistakes like the shittest managers getting the most financial support ( Mclaren , Bruce) how about the lack of player relation wage reduction clauses in the current squad ?

I don't claim to know how Ashleys thought processes work and some decisions definitely defy all logic but he's not as stupid as people think. Maybe aiming for 17th means backing a shit manager and not backing a good one? Only Ashley really knows. As for the relegation clauses, it gives him an excuse to sell the big earners and as previously said, fill the squad with cheaper championship players.

I don't claim to know how Ashleys thought processes work and some decisions definitely defy all logic but he's not as stupid as people think. Maybe aiming for 17th means backing a shit manager and not backing a good one? Only Ashley really knows. As for the relegation clauses, it gives him an excuse to sell the big earners and as previously said, fill the squad with cheaper championship players.

It does but what about when your stuck with a player like Jonjo Shelvey on 70k a week ?

Gonna be lucky to sell our "big earners". Couldn't give most of them away.

It does but what about when your stuck with a player like Jonjo Shelvey on 70k a week ?

I really don't get why people worry about stuff like that. It's Ashleys problem. How much was saivet on? As shite as shelvey is at least there's some return on his wages as he's getting in the team. Ashley has handed out 5 and 6 year contracts to complete duds who don't even make the squad.