v Brighton | Page 5 | Vital Football

v Brighton

Plenty would take that job if the wages and the initial promises were made. Look how many outsiders and pundits say that Ashley has done alright by us.

Too late now, SDU are going to get butt fucked the next few games. It could all be settled before playing Sheff Utd & Fulham.

People are talking like the Fulham game will be a relegation decider. We'll be relegated well before that and deserve to be. How we've stayed out of the bottom 3 is because they are worse but Fulham have better form and actually look like scoring goals.

I didn't think we could get worse after last few games. But somehow the team and management managed it. For what it's worth I am not convinced we would be in a much better position if first choice players had been available.

It's now a question of who caves first

1. Ashley would prefer Bruce to resign saving him £4m.

2. Bruce has a £4m pay off if sacked and will want his money but mounting pressure might see him think fuck it, can't be doing with the stress.

3. Players have downed tools in a clear message to Ashliar who want Bruce gone. It's either going to cost Ashley £4m to get rid of Bruce or £100m is wiped off the value of the club.

It's now a question of who caves first

1. Ashley would prefer Bruce to resign saving him £4m.

2. Bruce has a £4m pay off if sacked and will want his money but mounting pressure might see him think fuck it, can't be doing with the stress.

3. Players have downed tools in a clear message to Ashliar who want Bruce gone. It's either going to cost Ashley £4m to get rid of Bruce or £100m is wiped off the value of the club.

Looking at it from Ashleys' point of view he's sacked managers at this stage of the season previously and it's not worked. Shearer failed to keep the club up as did Benitez. Whereas when he kept under pressure Pardew they stayed up and even the Carver interim season they stayed up. We know very little about Ashley but we do know he's gambler and that he knows nowt about football. Based on that he's happy to roll the dice on keeping Bruce in. Also factor in if the takeover arbitration goes his way he may well be financially compensated anyway. You also have that in the past the relegations have allowed Ashley to sell the players that have considerable value and rebuild the squad on the cheap with high end Championship players that may develop into assets whilst still having the financial advantage of parachute payments .

Looking at it from Ashleys' point of view he's sacked managers at this stage of the season previously and it's not worked. Shearer failed to keep the club up as did Benitez. Whereas when he kept under pressure Pardew they stayed up and even the Carver interim season they stayed up. We know very little about Ashley but we do know he's gambler and that he knows nowt about football. Based on that he's happy to roll the dice on keeping Bruce in. Also factor in if the takeover arbitration goes his way he may well be financially compensated anyway. You also have that in the past the relegations have allowed Ashley to sell the players that have considerable value and rebuild the squad on the cheap with high end Championship players that may develop into assets whilst still having the financial advantage of parachute payments .

Indeed!

It's so fucking frustrating

All we can do is hope.

Hope we get relegated
Hope Ashley loses a fortune
Hope joelinton stays another 5 years
Hope all our top earners stay and bleed fatty
Hope he loses the arbitration

Pretty much anything that inconveniences the fat piece of sewage or makes him lose money. That's what it's all about now

You also have that in the past the relegations have allowed Ashley to sell the players that have considerable value and rebuild the squad on the cheap with high end Championship players that may develop into assets whilst still having the financial advantage of parachute payments .

These are the economies of scale I’ve mentioned before after previous relegations. His income reduces- but so do his overheads. Additionally factor in (1) Newcastle will still offer Ashley a platform to advertise his tat as sky put Newcastle on just about every game in the championship and (2) he saddles the club with more debt as “loans” (effectively to himself) money to ensure they stay afloat.

Where this becomes more risky next season is (a) that his big earners are pretty shit and may not get a move and he could be saddled with them and (b) unlike with a coach the players loved and respected (Hughton) or a pragmatic tactician who was also highly respected (Benitez), he has left himself with a complete cabbage who neither can motivate nor orchestrate anything like a semblance of a tactic. Remember where villa were in the championship before they were rid?

For those that consider the only way to get rid of Ashley is a prolonged period outside of the premier league, this may very well occur now. For me, I would say Newcastle are now on the brink of complete ruination.

These are the economies of scale I’ve mentioned before after previous relegations. His income reduces- but so do his overheads. Additionally factor in (1) Newcastle will still offer Ashley a platform to advertise his tat as sky put Newcastle on just about every game in the championship and (2) he saddles the club with more debt as “loans” (effectively to himself) money to ensure they stay afloat.

Where this becomes more risky next season is (a) that his big earners are pretty shit and may not get a move and he could be saddled with them and (b) unlike with a coach the players loved and respected (Hughton) or a pragmatic tactician who was also highly respected (Benitez), he has left himself with a complete cabbage who neither can motivate nor orchestrate anything like a semblance of a tactic. Remember where villa were in the championship before they were rid?

For those that consider the only way to get rid of Ashley is a prolonged period outside of the premier league, this may very well occur now. For me, I would say Newcastle are now on the brink of complete ruination.

Was that the year they were favourites and spent a shit load of money yet finished about mid table while SDU got promoted?

I think it may well be too late to avoid relegation. We're down to Fulham getting less points than us now as SDU don't look like they could win even if the opposition didn't put a team out. Whether they can offload the big names and get straight back up again is a othe rbig question. I think Ashcunts luck may well have run out on that one. As mentioned above I'd take league 1 if it rids us of the fat parasite

He will get his come uppance one day. What goes arround, Comes arround.
Quite happy to leave an incompetent CE (Charnley) and Manager with mediocre coaches in charge and life in The Championship, as he knows nothing about football. It also appears there is nobody prepared to stand up to him. Fans have the ammunition, boycott the games when crowds return and boycott his shops to start with