v. Aberdeen | Vital Football

v. Aberdeen

welch47

Vital Football Hero
Good day, gents. Interesting lineup. Looks like:

Matthews----Denayer-----VvD-----Izzy
Brown---------Johansen------Mulgrew
Forrest-------Guidetto---------Stokes

In the interest of full disclosure, I got completely :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 last night.

Johansen levels with a magnificent goal! He really has turned things around. :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:14

Pretty lively first half and it ends 1-1. We had the better end of it but did let them have abut 10 minutes of good pressure. It's end-to-end stuff with a lot attacking football.

Brown sent off on a very light foul with a second yellow. Ridiculous. Robson has been hacking all day.

Whoo! Nice win. Not a perfect game but the Bhoys showed skill and heart to get the winner with 10 men and hold onto the lead. Now we're top of the table with a game in hand. Griffiths,Guidetti, VvD, Denayer and Deila are conducting the singing of the Celtic support. Great scene! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70

Not our greatest performance today but considering the circumstances, the racism row, down to 10 men for a soft 2nd yellow, the short time between arriving back from Romania and playing a lunchtime kick-off today......we did well.

Mulgrew did have one of those days where he passed the ball away to the opposition far too often! Really simple and obvious passes that if you are going to make them, you kind of have to hit them hard enough to make sure they get there.... he was just too casual about it really.

Johansen is looking good in the more advanced role. Took his goal really well! However, I think it has created a small problem in CM. Later on in games we seem to be lacking in energy. It was obvious on Thursday in Romania and it was obvious again today. Deila seemed more concerned with replacing our RB than changing a CM. I think it was a poor choice. Bringing on Kayal or Bitton or even Henderson would have been better at 1-1 and Mulgrew probably would have been taken off.

All in all, really glad to get the win and it takes back to the top of the table with our game in hand still to play! Finally we have the opportunity to open up a lead!

It's good we seem to have a settled team now and the ability to change one to three or four players in the team and still have that same level of performance. I still think there is more to be worked on, a lot more, but we are at least back to that level to get the wins we need and over time, the rest will hopefully come!

He should have pulled Mulgrew at the half and put in someone with more bite and energy. Also, he probably should have started Griffiths over Stokes, the latter of whom looked low on energy.

I thought Stokes played well but energy level wise I would probably agree, just not quite as good as previous weeks, but then that is probably down to him being ill last week.

That is part of Mulgrew's problem in midfield, a lack of energy and bite as you say. From what I've seen recently, I think I'd rather Kayal was in there. Bitton I still think is probably the one I think is best suited to the role Mulgrew has been playing but we've yet to have a really good look at him playing.

Agreed. Mulgrew is never fleet of foot and both Kayal and Biton offer more.

I think Griffiths has earned more playing time at this point and a case can be made to start him, no?

Latest Celtic News