Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Pangloss

Vital Football Legend
When it comes to American law enforcement the wheels of justice move far too slowly if move at all. Swift action and a suitable amount of outrage and sympathy from the president would go a long way.

That's not to excuse the riots, it's puzzling to me how these things tend to descend into irrational acts of violence, looting and destruction of their own communities.

This could be the LA riots all over again and Trump is certainly fanning the flames rather than looking to extinguish them.

Im all for police brutality but from what i have read so far this was outrageous from the police involved.
Like said above Trump should be tweeting about these policemen being brought to justice not poking the fire.
The protests i get 100 percent. The looting is just petty criminals using it as an excuse.

Those Americans just love an excuse to go out and do a bit of looting.

I saw a video the other day of a store owner being arrested for shooting dead one of the looters.

Why stop at one.

I'd thoroughly recommend watching LA 92 on Netflix, fascinating and harrowing at the same time, some of the things the rioters were doing were utterly disgraceful, racially aggravated assaults and murder like it was nothing.

Im all for police brutality but from what i have read so far this was outrageous from the police involved.
Like said above Trump should be tweeting about these policemen being brought to justice not poking the fire.
The protests i get 100 percent. The looting is just petty criminals using it as an excuse.

That's exactly it. If you support police brutality, you support the murder of George Floyd. Assuming that the police always know what the appropriate level of force to use is very, very dangerous.

The State Police arrested a black CNN reporter live on TV. Those optics are great, a wonderful decision, and doesn't look racist at all ( They didn't arrest other news crews at the same place). I wonder if the moron in chief Trump had anything to do with it?

Not sure who (think it was on this site) called USA a failed state.

Starting to really look that way isn't it? We are in a mess, but goodness me, they are beyond the pale.

Where exactly would you draw the line?
Well cutting off someones oxygen is obviously a no go isnt it.
We live in a country where if a policeman gets too close to someone they will get their phone out and record and try and sue. Youtube videos have encouraged people not to comply with police. For example not having to give their details if they havnt broken the law. Or not having to sit in the police car when asked. Etc etc. If someone is being an idiot police, in my view should be able to give out a bit of a beating, like in MOST countries. You would have to be neanderthal man not to know the difference between grounding someone and giving them a dead leg and a few bruised ribs and cutting off their blood and oxygen supply until death. Its really not hard to enforce without resorting to extreme measures.
The police are a bunch of wet lettuces in this country and our youths and criminals and wanna be lawyers know it and take advantage.

We live in a country where if a policeman gets too close to someone they will get their phone out and record and try and sue. Youtube videos have encouraged people not to comply with police. For example not having to give their details if they havnt broken the law. Or not having to sit in the police car when asked. Etc etc. If someone is being an idiot police, in my view should be able to give out a bit of a beating, like in MOST countries. You would have to be neanderthal man not to know the difference between grounding someone and giving them a dead leg and a few bruised ribs and cutting off their blood and oxygen supply until death. Its really not hard to enforce without resorting to extreme measures.
The police are a bunch of wet lettuces in this country and our youths and criminals and wanna be lawyers know it and take advantage.

The British system is based on the rule of law. Police are not allowed to take the law into their own hands. America has turned a blind eye to police violence against black people for decades and we've seen the result over and over again.

If you think the Police should be allowed to dish out justice, you'd have to specify what exactly they are allowed to do under which circumstances. Otherwise, if would become a Police free-for-all and there will be lots of British Eric Garners.

That's the crucial point. Policing should be about upholding the rule of law and the rule of law applies to everyone, including the police. There might be some very specific circumstances where this should be traded off in the interests of law enforcement (i.e. during acts of terror, mass murder and other extreme circumstances) but these should be the exception and not the rule.

Ultimately whilst it's appealing to think that the police should be allowed to go around 'cracking heads' this will lead to more harm than good. The last thing anyone would want is to live in a police state.

Curiously a lot of people out there take the view that the police should be very heavy handed and that we should be subject to intense surveillance. The rationale for this is firstly (a) if you're obeying the law you should have nothing to worry about and (b) if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

This is a one way ticket to totalitarianism and you can very quickly figure out why Nazism and the Soviet Union was made possible when so many find these sorts of arguments agreeable.

Last edited:
When it comes to American law enforcement the wheels of justice move far too slowly if move at all. Swift action and a suitable amount of outrage and sympathy from the president would go a long way.

That's not to excuse the riots, it's puzzling to me how these things tend to descend into irrational acts of violence, looting and destruction of their own communities.

This could be the LA riots all over again and Trump is certainly fanning the flames rather than looking to extinguish them.

We had the same thing here, a bloke in Tottenham gets shot then riots from Camden to Bristol to Manchester in protest. It was just an excuse to loot. I saw a video of some guys (white guys) on a treadmill in a destroyed gym, are they really outraged or taking the piss?

Problem is, the ordinary person who absolutely doesn’t agree with what happened pays for it in their future insurance premiums because everything gets that little bit more expensive.

Last edited:
Plenty of whites taking part in the looting spree not just blacks.
I can see riots in the uk soon too, just needs that spark

WOW. I'm stunned, and a little frightened. Not sure the ex coppers I know would agree with this point of view.