Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 71 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

I completely agree. If I was in marketing, I would stereotype all the time. The brand I work for is bought and consumed by a lower affluence consumer, I have to stereotype in my job as we need to offer consumers quality they can afford - so in a roundabout way I’m helping them. Every decade we launch a premium product, and guess what - it fails.
I think that's what advertising has always done. The very 'segments' ad/marketing agencies build for targeting are generally based off of stereotypes supported by dodgy data (millennial believe x, y, z, consume media in a certain way etc).

It's always funny when a brand tries to be subversive viz. their core consumer base, it almost always ends in failure. It was hilarious to see Gillette's toxic masculinity campaign bomb and Hollywood's switch to wokeness, go woke go broke.

Didn’t you post about ending humanity the other day :grinning:

Obviously I don’t mean all Americans, as I don’t mean all Brits. But a big enough minority or small majority and I just generalise, it’s a trait I have.

Culturally I have very little in common with Americans except I speak the same language, I can’t beat about the bush on it.

Yes, that is so dear Dan sir... We are pathetic, and that is a sweeping generalisation, backed up by the clear destruction we are reaping on the planet lol

Mia Culpa my dear friend and in showing me up, you are now banned for life :lol:

Yeah, didn't mean just you mate, just don't want to walk too far down the road of all Chinese, all Americans, all this, all that. There are a good few top guys on here who are from the US of A.

I do have to be pc you know! LOL

BBC have announced that when Eastenders returns the gable end of the house by the Vic pub will have a large painting of a black women on it to show their woke credetials. A local black artist was commisioned to paint it.
I was under the impression that the BBC cannot make political statements, especially using tax payers money.
How can they possibly say they are neutral on news items involving BLM when they have pulled this stunt.

BBC have announced that when Eastenders returns the gable end of the house by the Vic pub will have a large painting of a black women on it to show their woke credetials. A local black artist was commisioned to paint it.
I was under the impression that the BBC cannot make political statements, especially using tax payers money.
How can they possibly say they are neutral on news items involving BLM when they have pulled this stunt.

I was under the impression the Premier League could not make political statements either

BLMUK morons calling to 'defund the police'. Well said Sir Keir, calling it as it is, nonsense:

I wonder if there are some links between organised crime and investment in the BLM organisation? If you’re a county lines drug dealer or whatever they’re called, of course you want to defund the police so you can do business easier. I’ve seen social media posts shared which suggest money investment from the police to then be put into education, community projects etc but the reality is that investment in both is what is needed.

Eastenders is shit.

All soaps are shit.

Don’t watch them.

Problem solved

:tophat:

Some BLM nutter on LBC this morning, trying to convince the presenter that we replace the police as we won't need them if we sort out mental health.
Jesus wept and people are kneeling for these idiots and sending them money.
More American trend hopping from idiots who cannot think. The Tories have been defunding the police for a decade and we are seeing the impact this has had with violent crime going up over the decade.

It's the standard sociological view that humans are blank slates and with ultra left/ liberal social structures crime won't happen since crime is largely a product of poverty and inequality. Crime of course happens at all ends of the social strata and are at times the product of initiate physical/ mental drivers as opposed to social 'structures'.

Police funding if anything needs to be increased in this country with a focus on the front line as opposed to the bureaucratic back office roles.

More American trend hopping from idiots who cannot think. The Tories have been defunding the police for a decade and we are seeing the impact this has had with violent crime going up over the decade.

It's the standard sociological view that humans are blank slates and with ultra left/ liberal social structures crime won't happen since crime is largely a product of poverty and inequality. Crime of course happens at all ends of the social strata and are at times the product of initiate physical/ mental drivers as opposed to social 'structures'.

Police funding if anything needs to be increased in this country with a focus on the front line as opposed to the bureaucratic back office roles.

So basically BLM is bollocks. I have a very simplistic way of looking at things,

Defunding the Police in America is about reducing Police responsibilities and using services that are better equipped to deal with them.

These include social services and parking tickets. We already do that, so people jumping on the bandwagon over here really haven't looked into what they think they're supporting.