Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 3 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

What about 2nd then? I guess because he’s a “cop” it rules out a proper punishment.

Maybe, although I would like to see what charges were given to cops who have killed other unarmed people (of different races including white) over the past few years.

I'm sure they get off lightly like you say, so should it be any different because the guy was black?

Should it though? Isn't 1st degree murder something that was carefully planned and premeditated?

You can't change the law because of "feelings".

How many times in the 8 minutes or so where this poor bloke was choking slowly to death could this policeman have stopped what he was doing. There must have been a moment in that time where he knew if he carried on he'd kill the guy and he continued anyway, presumably because he assumed his job would protect him.

How many times in the 8 minutes or so where this poor bloke was choking slowly to death could this policeman have stopped what he was doing. There must have been a moment in that time where he knew if he carried on he'd kill the guy and he continued anyway, presumably because he assumed his job would protect him.

Yeah, I agree, he's a piece of shit, but I guess it comes down to definitions of murder. Either way, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

But the state of the reactions to all of this? Looks like the loony left in America (with ANTIFA as their military wing) have capitalised on the situation, and they just needed any excuse. The damage they are doing to so many people is way beyond anything with George Floyd. An absolute bunch of fucktards.

Yeah, I agree, he's a piece of shit, but I guess it comes down to definitions of murder. Either way, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

But the state of the reactions to all of this? Looks like the loony left in America (with ANTIFA as their military wing) have capitalised on the situation, and they just needed any excuse. The damage they are doing to so many people is way beyond anything with George Floyd. An absolute bunch of fucktards.

I agree with you but there is one mitigating factor. They had the Black Lives Matter protests which were peaceful and they were drowned out by Antifa and Blue Lives Matter. Nothing changed.

I'm not condoning the looting and burning. I think it's counter productive but I don't have a good answer to the question 'What else are we supposed to do?'

I agree with you but there is one mitigating factor. They had the Black Lives Matter protests which were peaceful and they were drowned out by Antifa and Blue Lives Matter. Nothing changed.

I'm not condoning the looting and burning. I think it's counter productive but I don't have a good answer to the question 'What else are we supposed to do?'

I really don't know. But in my opinion the likes of CNN, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and all the other dumbass leftoids in America have been fanning the flames for years, and this has lit the powder keg. All they preach is victimhood.

But of course they've now turned it around and are suggesting white nationalists, Trump supporters, and fucking Russians are responsible for the rioting :lol:

Malcom X was spot on when he talked about white liberals.

They checked the victims pulse on 6 mins and there was none yet he kept his knee on his neck another 2 minutes

What’s difficult here is maybe it needed a riot to spark change. Not that I condone this, but in the day or two after the riots I sort of understood why they targeted police cars and even CNN. But I really don’t get why they attacked random shops and cars of innocent people that’s grossly unfair.

After a few cop cars got burned, that was enough. The problem now is if the riots continue more white cops are going to kill people - if they are black that sparks more outrage. The cops do not look like angels and to me do not look like they have enough experience of dealing with big groups like over here due to football and our mass of hipsters who’ll take over London whatever the motivation is, so they’re just battering everyone.

I’ve started seeing a couple of posts about racism and lack of tolerance aimed at white people on social media. This is one racist cop in America - a country of 380m - I suspect there is a systemic problem within the police force but I’m not sure the issue then warrants being aimed at all white people. Point of this post is that people will start confusing white policemen and all whites which could create further tensions, though I’m not saying that the US doesn’t have it’s fair share of white racists as we know they do, in just the same way ex-BNP members and Combat-18 thugs still walk our streets somewhere.

So I did a quick google, and the western world (predominately White Christian) is actually the most tolerant of other ethnicities based on a simple question who would you not want to live next door to and “people of another race” being the top answer in terms of determining tolerance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/

Obviously other variables are at play here such as honesty, a white Brit is less likely to admit they’re racist because it’s socially unacceptable versus an Indian in the middle from a farming village in the middle of no where who would probably think immediately of a Pakistani.

Unsurprisingly to me, India comes out the worst. The middle east, Northern Africa and France score badly, then you get to middle of the road Russia and China. CE21E9B1-4309-44E9-86A3-110EAEDD40C8.jpeg

I get the impression that 'white' America has never fully come to terms with the de-segregation and huge social changes introduced by JFK and Lyndon Johnson back in the 60s.

Factor in the right in right-wing nationalism encouraged and endorsed by Trump over the past few years and things start to bubble up more overtly. And 'locking down' these people over the past couple of months seems to have been enough to really bring it to the boil. The murder of George Floyd was the spark and hey presto, it's all kicking off.

I don't think America as a whole is a racist country, but considering their massive population and what I've said above, I'm not surprised there is a sizeable group who ARE racist.

I think the situation is very similar to over here - I honestly the UK is by-and-large a right-wing country (certainly right of centre) and the past few years since the EU referendum was announced (and then voted on) has brought the more unsavoury characters out from under their rocks.

People feel emboldened(especially with the rise, reach and influence of social media in the past decade or so) to espouse their nationalist, xenophobic beliefs without fear of censure. I think these beliefs are probably honestly held, it's just so sad that this should be the case in this day and age.

Reminds me of a visit to a civil rights museum I made in Virginia a few years ago. I remember being shocked by an exhibit which was a school door with "Whites Only" painted on it. This door was from 1968, the year of my birth. Quite sobering.

The trouble with the looting and property destruction is that it lets the authorities off the hook. It allows the media and law enforcement agencies to change the focus from a murdering scumbag policeman to lawless thugs running riot, even though there is no comparison with the severity of the crimes. Also they are looting and burning the businesses owned by the black community, employing black employees. It's such an own goal.

Rightly or wrongly when you see a system not delivering for you at all and seemingly getting worse you can see how violence can seem like the only way to get your point across.

It doesn't help when other interests come into play, and naturally the anarchists become quickly involved. Ultimately the Atlanta Mayor and 'Killer Mike' spot on about this, the answer isn't to destroy your own communities.

Trump has been the most divisive president ever, he has actively sort to whip up racial tensions in order to strengthen his core base. What was required was a sympathetic president to outright condemn the actions of the police officers and mobilise his resources to ensure the timely arrest of them. But we didn't get that.

He has certainly mobilised more individuals to vote against him this autumn. I'd be intrigued to see how middle America are viewing all of this.