Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 113 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

This is where race comes into play, white Americans are living under a rock, they couldn't imagine Trumpers would do such a thing. Why?

Fair play to Mike Pence he is trying to calm things down while the fat man sits around watching.

I can’t comprehend the security side of it, does the place not have huge fences and hundreds of highly armed officers? The old US embassy building in London was impossible to get into unless you were a covert professional and even then you’d need to be lucky.

Can you just walk up to it and smash a window or are there things in the way?

I can’t comprehend the security side of it, does the place not have huge fences and hundreds of highly armed officers? The old US embassy building in London was impossible to get into unless you were a covert professional and even then you’d need to be lucky.

Yeah you can just walk up the steps, they had a token amount of officers there.

National Guard is on the way from Virginia now.

This of course is very encouraging for underground islamic terrorists based in the US.

This of course is very encouraging for underground islamic terrorists based in the US.

That's the least of the US's problems and it always has been.

The security issue is simple, no one saw this coming from predominantly white, far right, hate filled terrorists. They didn't see it as a credible threat, so they didn't action it.

I wonder if we'll find out, years from now, if it was cyber-terrorists from Russia, China and Islamist states that assisted with fomenting this unrest.

100% there has to be involvement somewhere, even if it was just helping to shape/boost the narrative on social media.

Can leave it locked JF if you don't feel this pivots back mate as anyone watching will know it involved Trump/Biden, but I felt it went wider into criminal justice, society in general etc to make the post..

But great debate tonight on Bill Maher about the fundamentals of BLM (the group) as opposed to BLM in it's own right, and the way that Covid (as a soapbox) has become racially politicised by those now fighting for racial equity as opposed to equality and particularly from the liberal/college but white onlines (SJW's) - whitesplaining racism to feel relevant, but sadly in a way that grows divides rather than shrinks them.

It was a good, sensible, un-emotive chat about the realities rather than the buzz phrases and why in some ways only focusing on 'race' means you utterly end up ignoring the real fixes that need to be made.

I'd not seen the chap before, but I remember posting a good few pages back in here about some lass who argued that whilst race inevitably came into it, the parallels with poor white folks in the US were nigh on identical in terms of disadvantage and rather than making it about race, the US should focus purely on the word "poor" to help lift everyone up rather than looking at just one group and rather than getting backs up, it would lead to further unity.

ie those who would naturally jump to 'I'm poor as well but not black so nobody cares about me'.

He was making very good points of his own, but seemingly from that same playbook and he seemed to win over Bill and the other chap once they understood what he was actually saying.

Happy to re-open and see how it goes. It was just overlapping too much at that particular time with the debate going on in (what was) the Trump thread.

Hence the caveat mate and why I didn't reference the political Trump/Biden points and just left my babble as it was.

Maybe it was just me, and again not hitting the political ends, but it was refreshing to see 'a panel' give the bloke some room, question him because he wasn't saying what you'd expect to hear from a black man right now, but then come round as he explained further and added greater context.

Maybe it shows some divisions can now be mended given a change of climate, but I will also say I wasn't 100% with him especially when he trotted out the line (paraphrasing) 'I don't see disadvantage, it's a strength. Underestimate me because I'm black and you've lost."

In isolation that's the perfect outlook on life, but in the context of the chat I thought it came over a little bit crass and in the way he was bollocking those with no experience for chirping up, it also in some ways betrayed his own understanding - if that makes sense. Poor, whatever the ethnicity, aren't in the position to have that outlook so to speak.

Nonetheless though, it was a good grounded debate overall and ticked the right boxes.

Criminal = more likely to be convicted if poor.
Covid = more likely to be hit if poor = which spans into housing, medical bills, jobs worked etc etc.
Getting a leg up in life = money again for education, social circles, a near and dear to aspire to etc.

Being black understandably plays its part as you go down the line...as does being ethnic, whether Latino or whatever. But it's not exclusively 'race' as for the moment, proportionally, more whites are affected.

So race isn't the cause, it's a symptom and whilst it doesn't mean there shouldn't be 'race' targeted attempts and measures to help balance, focus on the cause first, then deal with the additional symptoms after that as you'd then be in a better position to properly focus on education or race or whatever, because you've already removed a whole level holding people back.

Glad you opened up this thread as the Handsworth pastor who was supporting the family of the poor kid shot and stabbed the other day deserves a lot of credit for comments he made on the news.

He called out that this was a black on black crime, and too often in this country, the literal phrase BLM isn’t being respected within the community. I don’t have a link to it, except I can find a Twitter feed with a similar comment if you scroll down.

I’ve personally found it hard to understand the BLM movement over here as though it’s on a scale similar to that of the US, I’m not going to lie and I’m know I’m not the only one. I do strongly believe however we have systemic and subconscious bias problems we need to resolve in education and the workplace.

I think it’s refreshing to see a member of the community calling it out as it’s a two pronged attack to sort the violent problems out within the community whilst we work on the systematic and subconscious problems which hinder future opportunities and wealth. I suspect they are highly correlated.

Glad you opened up this thread as the Handsworth pastor who was supporting the family of the poor kid shot and stabbed the other day deserves a lot of credit for comments he made on the news.

He called out that this was a black on black crime, and too often in this country, the literal phrase BLM isn’t being respected within the community. I don’t have a link to it, except I can find a Twitter feed with a similar comment if you scroll down.

I’ve personally found it hard to understand the BLM movement over here as though it’s on a scale similar to that of the US, I’m not going to lie and I’m know I’m not the only one. I do strongly believe however we have systemic and subconscious bias problems we need to resolve in education and the workplace.

I think it’s refreshing to see a member of the community calling it out as it’s a two pronged attack to sort the violent problems out within the community whilst we work on the systematic and subconscious problems which hinder future opportunities and wealth. I suspect they are highly correlated.
A friend of mine used to teach him and he said he was a bad lad and associated with that life. Doesn't justify what happened by any stretch though.

And what you typically get from BLM when these things happen is silence. It's seemingly much harder to mobilise when there isn't a white person behind the problem.

Last edited:
. Doesn't justify what happened by any stretch though.

Absolutely, he’s a 14 year old kid, killed by kids around the same age. It shouldn’t happen, good kid or bad kid.

Where are the parents of the kids involved? Why are they not being guided at their mid teenage years to concentrate on school? Is it a security thing? Do the parents want them to make money trafficking drugs around which I assume (though I shouldn’t) is something to do with this?

And who are the adults driving these kids around to shoot and stab each other?

Yep rather than worry about BAME stats on adverts and TV maybe BLM should invest time and energy into the root issues as to why black on black crime is destroying so many lives.
Worrying about being called half cast, BAME, coloured, mixed race is just putting on a plaster over the jugular being slit.