Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 112 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Numerous politicians and the Lord Mayor of Dublin sending their deepest condolences to the poor lads family. I wonder if they would give 2 shits if he was a white Irish criminal. Would they fuck.

All of the idiots weighing in seem to think the gard could have shot the knife out his hand, like John fucking Wayne or someone. They think we live in a movie.

Blindboy was calling it murder and saying the Gardai could have handled it better. I always think about the Bill Burr bit where he is trying to buy a gun and the guy is recommending a shotgun because with a pistol 'you miss all the time'.

The video seems inconclusive, I think the facts of the case have to be made public. Why were the Gards involved? How long were they there? How long before they called the special unit? Why did they call the special unit? Was someone with psychological experience there?

It's kind of a box-checking exercise now and they have to be 100% transparent and extremely clear with their packaging of information. One problem they're going to have is (a) their history with travellers, (b) lack of racial bias training and (c) I highly doubt they have a team who will handle this properly. They are going to come out of scathed no matter whether it was justified or not. Irish institutions are not prepared to tackle this sort of social controversies.

The disgrace of direct provision is going always give the impression that the Irish Government is institutionally racist and that will trickle down to every state body until its dismantled.

Numerous politicians and the Lord Mayor of Dublin sending their deepest condolences to the poor lads family. I wonder if they would give 2 shits if he was a white Irish criminal. Would they fuck.

All of the idiots weighing in seem to think the gard could have shot the knife out his hand, like John fucking Wayne or someone. They think we live in a movie.
Nah one through the heart works for me

Blindboy was calling it murder and saying the Gardai could have handled it better. I always think about the Bill Burr bit where he is trying to buy a gun and the guy is recommending a shotgun because with a pistol 'you miss all the time'.

The video seems inconclusive, I think the facts of the case have to be made public. Why were the Gards involved? How long were they there? How long before they called the special unit? Why did they call the special unit? Was someone with psychological experience there?

It's kind of a box-checking exercise now and they have to be 100% transparent and extremely clear with their packaging of information. One problem they're going to have is (a) their history with travellers, (b) lack of racial bias training and (c) I highly doubt they have a team who will handle this properly. They are going to come out of scathed no matter whether it was justified or not. Irish institutions are not prepared to tackle this sort of social controversies.

The disgrace of direct provision is going always give the impression that the Irish Government is institutionally racist and that will trickle down to every state body until its dismantled.

Yeah, it's fascinating how so much people have become experts in police training the last few days, should have done this, should have done that.

Let's not beat around the bush here, this would be a non issue if the guy wasn't black.

When someone in lunging at you with a knife and trying to kill you, the last thing you will be thinking of is calling for psychological experts so the loon can have a nice talking to. Jesus christ.

When someone in lunging at you with a knife and trying to kill you, the last thing you will be thinking of is calling for psychological experts so the loon can have a nice talking to. Jesus christ.

My Mrs lived in London when she first qualified as a nurse, long before I knew her.
She walked into the bank one day and there is a bloke pointing a shotgun at her.
Apparently, all you can see is the two barrels of the shotgun nothing else registers and you freeze. she says you would not know who was on the other end of it never mind identify them or even say anything.
Fortunately, most of us have never been in a situation like that

My Mrs lived in London when she first qualified as a nurse, long before I knew her.
She walked into the bank one day and there is a bloke pointing a shotgun at her.
Apparently, all you can see is the two barrels of the shotgun nothing else registers and you freeze. she says you would not know who was on the other end of it never mind identify them or even say anything.
Fortunately, most of us have never been in a situation like that

Yes. My mate who worked in a bank was subject of an armed robbery when he was a cashier.

Must be over 30 years ago and he still suffers from the ordeal.

Yes. My mate who worked in a bank was subject of an armed robbery when he was a cashier.

Must be over 30 years ago and he still suffers from the ordeal.
It must be horrendous for them your going to work on a normal day and then your whole life is turned upside down he will be suffering PTSD I'm no snowflake but I suffered it when I had my accident at work.Basically your just waiting to die which for a split second I really thought I was going to get crushed to death but after the event it's so hard to get back to any kind of normality, I became nasty and the slightest think I would snap then five minutes later I would realise what I had done then think wtf did I do that for but by then it's too late the damage is done so you become depressed and remorseful and the cycle starts again to the point you begin to hate yourself but you can't stop it the only thing is counselling which I had for two years I'm ok now mood wise but I still get the odd flash back it's fucking awful it really is.

I’ve had a knife to my throat late held up by a gang at the end of a night out with a mate on my early 20’s. Sobers you up pretty quickly, as much as I wanted to fight back the only thing that went through my mind was my mate getting stabbed which isn’t worth any amount of money or mobile phones. Luckily they didn’t get a lot though it seemed to happen to lots of people but still wasn’t a nice experience. The police can’t do a lot except go through the motions.

My thoughts on knife crime are quite blunt (excuse the pun) and do not translate well on a forum.

Perhaps we should now switch our attention from protesting and trying to change America - because we can’t - and get our own house in order. To many black youths are dieing because of knife crime here. Politicians, the police and I think most importantly, the black community, need to get this problem under control and as best you can, eliminate it.

A friend of my girlfriends family was stabbed to death by a gang on mopeds for no reason, he was 17 on a night out. These things will happen by exception and you’ll never completely eradicate it, but it feels like it’s every week in the news here. Not that this is acceptable, but it does feel like it’s progressing from being an inner city problem to bigger towns or outer suburbs which is a higher number of youths carrying knives.

Just to balance the above, an African student was stabbed outside the family home of one of my ex-girlfriends in a racist motivated attack. Both stories are sickening though, and the culprits should be locked up for life not the 7 years they’ll all get.

Let's not beat around the bush here, this would be a non issue if the guy wasn't black.

Thats true but the immediate liberal assumption is he is shot and killed because he is black. That assumption is easy and has little rebuttal because there is no sensitivity training.

The biggest thing that is being ignored totally is they didnt automatically show up with lethal force. It clearly escalated to the point where officers and others were in danger and had to call a team with weapons. Its Ireland not USA as you said.

Calling it murder is totally out of order IMO because thats saying it is premeditated. That somehow the officers in question decided they were going to kill this man when they got there. He got shot 3 times, an inquiry should be done but I highly doubt they were shooting to kill. Literally just trying to stop him, as you said its not the movies.

Any loss of life is a tragedy and its a shame innocent until guilty is only applied to the possible criminal and not our law enforcement.

Thats clearly not what I am saying and is precisely the point of having a mental health expert there. To try and prevent that situation before it happens. C'mon now Col obviously I am not saying call up the suicide hotline when he's running around with a machete.

Police do have training to de-escalate so the fact a tazer had already been deployed and I assume pepper spray as well - if armed response turned up/or coppers were armed trained and went back for the firearms - they had no choice.

A 2 min twatter clip never gives context. But sadly now it's the done thing and fucking idiots get on their soapbox usually with no idea of what actually happened outside of the cropped video that's put up for a purpose.

Again, all this crap (and let's face it, in this country, the paperwork, the interviews, the after action psyche reports) nobody with a brain does this easily (let alone the personal impact).

It stops us from looking at the proper problems.

Thats true but the immediate liberal assumption is he is shot and killed because he is black. That assumption is easy and has little rebuttal because there is no sensitivity training.

The biggest thing that is being ignored totally is they didnt automatically show up with lethal force. It clearly escalated to the point where officers and others were in danger and had to call a team with weapons. Its Ireland not USA as you said.

Calling it murder is totally out of order IMO because thats saying it is premeditated. That somehow the officers in question decided they were going to kill this man when they got there. He got shot 3 times, an inquiry should be done but I highly doubt they were shooting to kill. Literally just trying to stop him, as you said its not the movies.

Any loss of life is a tragedy and its a shame innocent until guilty is only applied to the possible criminal and not our law enforcement.

That's the thing, as soon as it's revealed the guy was black it becomes a race thing. And then you have lefty politicians and other influential voices weighing in, without context and ignoring information, and the horse has bolted. Protests and gangs of black youngsters on the rampage in West Dublin. "No justice, no peace" and all that bollocks.

As far as I know, and according to the police statement, he attacked a guy in a shop, broke his nose, then went around threatening people with a knife. He then threatened the gards with the knife and resisted arrest. The armed unit was called in and he was tazered and pepper sprayed, yet still resisted and started swinging, when he was then shot as a last resort. What were they supposed to do? Wait until he had slashed one of them in neck?

Apparently he had mental health issues. If that's the case, it should be about mental health and not race. There are far more questions to be asked about that, seeing as he (from what I've seen) had a bit of history being a twat, and according to locals, won't be missed.

And another one - I won't comment on the overtone and inference the reporting gives, but if independent eye witnesses admit he shot first, whilst I feel for his old man, why quote his uneducated and lack of knowledge claims?

Minneapolis police have released bodycam footage of a fatal shooting by officers, the first death at the hands of police in the US city since that of George Floyd, a black man, in May.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55509694

Let's drop black, white, hispanic etc from the conversation and given it's America, use felon.

And another one - I won't comment on the overtone and inference the reporting gives, but if independent eye witnesses admit he shot first, whilst I feel for his old man, why quote his uneducated and lack of knowledge claims?

Minneapolis police have released bodycam footage of a fatal shooting by officers, the first death at the hands of police in the US city since that of George Floyd, a black man, in May.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55509694

Let's drop black, white, hispanic etc from the conversation and given it's America, use felon.

"The victim, Dolal Idd, 23, was a suspect in a felony and was stopped by police on Wednesday. He was also black."

Are they taking the fucking piss?

My cousin's wife is all over this story on FB. There is a video of George's brother calling for the head of the guard who shot him. Apparently, George had 30-something convictions and a long history of violence.

There isn't a whole lot of sympathy for George on FB.

Despite being an utter virus Ted Cruz has been condemning it on Twitter in fairness to him. Mehdi Hasan typically off point.

Despite being an utter virus Ted Cruz has been condemning it on Twitter in fairness to him. Mehdi Hasan typically off point.
Sorry, can't find anything on Twitter from Cruz re condemnation. Nothing I can see in the last couple of hours, on his timeline at least.