USA chaos | Page 23 | Vital Football

USA chaos

How do you regulate the effect without fixing the root cause though?

Something needed to be fixed then and the downstream effects have resulted in the current situation? So not addressing the original problem is the equivalent of plastering over walls that are already half rotted away with rising damp while the original source of the damp is not corrected. Effect is always preceded by cause.

I don't know how to fix this swamp but I do know it can't be drained without first addressing the cause of the damp that caused the Swamp in the first place.
I don't really agree with your logic. What you are effectively talking about is quitting smoking after you've already found lung cancer.

Yeah, it's always a good time to quit and doing so can't be a bad thing. But the smoking has already done all the harm it's going to do and priority is to get that cancer sorted.

Mr Carson, Ms Ingraham and even Mr Limbaugh are utterly vile and highly influential, but ultimately they are bound by state and federal laws. They can lie, but they can only go so far.

And I'm really not sure what on earth can be done about private networks. If you are willing to accept Twitter's right to stop Trump's account then you accept Fox's right to publish any content it wishes within the law.

In light of recent events by digital companies, cutting the echo chambers is far more possible.

You have to live within the realms of the achievable.

I don't really agree with your logic. What you are effectively talking about is quitting smoking after you've already found lung cancer.

Yeah, it's always a good time to quit and doing so can't be a bad thing. But the smoking has already done all the harm it's going to do and priority is to get that cancer sorted.

Mr Carson, Ms Ingraham and even Mr Limbaugh are utterly vile and highly influential, but ultimately they are bound by state and federal laws. They can lie, but they can only go so far.

And I'm really not sure what on earth can be done about private networks. If you are willing to accept Twitter's right to stop Trump's account then you accept Fox's right to publish any content it wishes within the law.

In light of recent events by digital companies, cutting the echo chambers is far more possible.

You have to live within the realms of the achievable.
And legislation to regulate corporations is unachievable? Undesirable?

If the impeachment process were to be successful, Trump would be removed from office. But as hearings in the Senate can last weeks, Trump will have left office by the time the case is concluded. So it can be deduced, the purpose of the impeachment is virtually impossible to fulfil by due process and timescales.

I understand that impeachment proceedings may disqualify from holding public office in the future. Now here's the nub.

It is seeming very likely that the motive(s) for the impeachment is to prevent Trump from holding any public office appointment at anytime in the future. Many are watching on blinded by hatred for Trump (understandable), but is this really being thought through?

This scenario makes me uncomfortable, and don’t think I’m a Trump supporter, he has qualities but IMO, totally unfit for the position he’s held for the last 4 years. That's my opinion.

The political institutions in DC, haven't recovered from the bloody nose they received in 2016 and seem utterly hell bent on preventing anyone from outside their clique running for office, ever again; especially Trump.
Yes he's rude, childish, offensive and not ‘presidential’ but, and here is the issue, people voted for him and that's how democracy works. It has its flaws, but it’s democracy.

Pelosi et al have fought tooth & nail for four years straight to disrupt Trump and his administration, yet their own shortcomings are repeatedly swept aside.
There was a media blackout and many showed very little interest in the Hunter Biden story that emerged prior to the election. That in itself is dangerous: if the story is untrue or ‘sexed up’ then that needs establishing with evidence; if it is true, then the public has a right to know about it and the level to which Jo Biden was involved.
It’s not too dissimilar to the UKs Brexit debate; the media saturated the airwaves with remain pundits trying to convince us that referendum voting was unsafe or we’d change our minds.

The Democrats are actively trying to suppress debate now, but sooner or later these questions will be asked. There is a whiff of the sword of Damocles here and there will be an aftermath that will need to be faced.
70 million Republican voters will not be too happy; the US will have their own equivalents of Soubry, Bercow, Grieve, et al and they will face a similar day of reckoning at the ballot box. Experienced politicians are making decisions based on emotions rather than logic. These are professional politicians!

Those UK politicians didn’t escape the electorate and neither, I believe will the ones in the US; as they attempt a reformation to the pre-Trump era.

What dumfounds me though is these folks have been in politics for decades and they are making such basic mistakes which may be terminal for them. They are insulting 70+ million people.
These people watched the Portland Federal Court get ransacked repeatedly last summer with very little kickback. There were businesses burned, police stations abandoned, lawlessness and looting enveloped whole neighbourhoods.
This was wrong. Statue toppling is wrong. There was no legitimacy for these actions.
To these people it must appear that only one side of the debate is permitted to be aired; then call people who question this ‘racist’ thus shutting it down. What will this result in? Resentment, frustration in a population that is feeling disillusioned.

So the big question is, What are the Democrats doing? They appear to be picking a fight they can’t win. Their actions now need reconciling with 70 million people who voted republican; many of whom are perfectly respectable and intelligent people.

The disconnect from the Hill to the electorate is quite astounding. I think they’re going quite mad.
One of the saddest things about this is that the Dems went all out to keep Bernie Sanders out of the presidency. We would be seeing a much fairer, honest US if he had been president for the last 4 years. So the Dems cut their own throats in 2016 when people just wanted change from the establishment.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered...Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right”

George Orwell.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-donald-trump-cameo-removed-from-home-alone-2
I was reading today (Guardian) that old Trumplestiltskin has been destroying records that should be archived and staff are having to tape stuff back together!

And legislation to regulate corporations is unachievable? Undesirable?
What legislation are you thinking of that can, or should, halt broadcast partisanship?

And that would be immune to those who would use them for nefarious purposes, such as accusing moderate independent networks of partisanship for not being sufficiently fawning of a conservative presidency?

You only have to look at the assaults by the right on the BBC to see which way the danger of this lies.

And how do you avoid legitimate criticisms of state sponsored censorship?

I was reading today (Guardian) that old Trumplestiltskin has been destroying records that should be archived and staff are having to tape stuff back together!
He isn't doing it, he has always done it.

He rips up documents that say things he doesn't like. It really is a measure of the man that he has been told that everything must be preserved and knows that everything he rips up will have to be painstakingly put back together by a staffer with better things to do, yet he does it anyway.

More sinister is that he confiscated the translation transcript of his meeting with Putin. He wouldn't let anyone see any part of a copy of that

How do you regulate the effect without fixing the root cause though?

Something needed to be fixed then and the downstream effects have resulted in the current situation? So not addressing the original problem is the equivalent of plastering over walls that are already half rotted away with rising damp while the original source of the damp is not corrected. Effect is always preceded by cause.

I don't know how to fix this swamp but I do know it can't be drained without first addressing the cause of the damp that caused the Swamp in the first place.

Well we are about 2 get 2 new stations funded by Murdoch in the same vein as Fox news

Literally he has spent billions to gain even more control of this country

Well we are about 2 get 2 new stations funded by Murdoch in the same vein as Fox news

Literally he has spent billions to gain even more control of this country

There's people a lot higher than him in the pyramid, he's just the propaganda arm of them

One of the saddest things about this is that the Dems went all out to keep Bernie Sanders out of the presidency. We would be seeing a much fairer, honest US if he had been president for the last 4 years. So the Dems cut their own throats in 2016 when people just wanted change from the establishment.

He's just another rich old white man, hardly revolutionary.

Obviously

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...wkZSq5BiE-KIYmnth-XXwrRDjg9ycliZgD04yIWluB2_8

There would have been no attack on the Capitol if he had not had the means to influence these people over the last 5 years with his use of the media, especially Fox News owned by Murdoch who have pushed most of these conspiracy theories too - We are about to get it even more so now in this country and can expect some of the same drama

The media they have an influence, more so In our age of technology, than before especially the likes of Rupert Murdoch, The Barclay Brothers, The Rothermers etc

People are not born with these beliefs its a combination of family, education and media influences - To dismiss it is to say that a teacher has no impact on the kids they teach

Last edited:
Found this on Reddit about Q

This stuff is starting to take hold in this country too after 12 years of the Tories

It sounds like a cheap 80's action film that went straight to VHS - No cinema release

" The "left" is a cabal of Satan worshiping pedophile globalists with connections to the illuminate that control big business and most of the government and Trump is God's chosen warrior to defeat them "

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-580972548be5

In politics the easiest way to make people's lives 'better' is to identify the largest group in society who are annoyed with the status quo and then widening the gap between that group and the groups just beneath them by making those groups' lives more shit.