Us v Bournemouth | Vital Football

Us v Bournemouth

Best half of football I've seen Newcastle play this season.
Tho what Perez offers the team is beyond me.
Good open game,this could go either way,fatty out!

Perez should have scored and it was game over 2-1 now and we all know the script for the second half.

This is the worst top flight in living memory. Man City might get a 110 points this season. Still the drink tastes better after a win. COYM.

Thought that Ki played well again and overall a good win, Rondon not only took his goals well he can hold it up as well Perez is too lightweight and the two centre halfs did well. A good 3 points and i agree with Vin this is the worst PL in a long time.

Great atmosphere today. Was so happy for the Dutch lads i got talking to who came over for the weekend.

Like last week, was a good game to watch for the neutrals with it being end to end at times.

Rafa's team hasn't been overawed in any game this season with most of them potentially having the chance of being a different outcome to what they were. Today wasn't one of those games with this being well deserved overall.

As mentioned in other posts, our defence at the minute is as strong as I remember with Fernandez being nothing short of sensational. His all round game added to with him being an excellent talker and leader.

At one stage, him and Schar had a bit of a tiff in the first half with Schar losing his temper at a bad ball and nearly making a mistake but a quick 'forget it' and back slap soon saw things made up with Fernandez having a calming effect.

Rondon was the player I said he would be back when we signed him when I compared him to Demba Ba but today he was better than that, he was like a combined Alan Shearer/Les Ferdinand.

He held the ball like Shearer but stuck that 2nd goal away like vintage Ferdinand with probably the best header seen scored at St James' since the days of Sir Les.

Kenedy had his moments with real class touches mixed with moments of trying too hard and subsequent losing of possession but he more than played his part in this win.

Ki showed a decent range of pass and linked well with both flanks and the likes of Shelvey, Lascelles and Lejeune shouldn't be neccessarily waltsing back into the side when fit as their deputies have more than made up for their absences. Early days still and with at least two players being carried in the shape of Perez and Diame, there should be more to come this season in what should be an interesting finale for Rafa.

For now though, it's good to be able to relax and watch the highlights on Match of the Day.

It's all immaterial regardless of decent players like Fernandez, every 3 points is a victory for the parasite and his ambition to finish 17th. The club is rotten from the youth team to the facilities and any good footballers are simply passing through until they can be sold to bigger more ambitious clubs like Brighton and Wolves.

14th in the premiership with six shittier teams below us and the crowd chanting the managers name adoringly.

Ashley must really be feeling that pressure everyone was talking about.