US religious cult at Scottish school | Vital Football

US religious cult at Scottish school

JamTomorrow

Vital Youth Team
Parents' outrage as extremist US religious cult hand out creationist books and preach to kids at Scottish school

THE US Church of Christ which rubbishes evolution was allowed to minister pupils at East Kilbride's Kirktonholme Primary.

HORRIFIED parents fear an extremist religious sect has been trying to brainwash their kids after it was allowed to infiltrate a Scots primary school.

A head teacher invited the US Church of Christ, which rubbishes evolution and counts homosexuality as a sin, to minister to pupils.

Many parents at 400-pupil Kirktonholme Primary in East Kilbride only realised their children were being exposed to the evangelical group’s agenda when kids brought home alarming books they had been handed at assembly.

The creationist books, defended by head teacher Sandra MacKenzie, denounce the theory of evolution and warn pupils that, without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world.

Parents were also furious to learn that cash raised by children which they thought was intended for school funds had been given to the sect to build a church nearby.

One of the church members, Evelyn Galvan Graciano, 22, from Mexico, describes Scotland as “a place full of darkness and emptiness that is in a big need of Jesus”.

And she has told pals she uses classes to get into the heads of Kirktonholme pupils. She said: “They all are very receptive and willing to listen and learn.

“Hopefully at least we can let the kids know who Jesus is. Maybe someday that seed we’ve planted can be grown by God.”

The Church of Christ, based in the US Deep South, believe the Bible predicts the future and is 100 per cent accurate. They have called Scotland “A Field Ripe for Harvest”.

Read more at: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/parents-outrage-extremist-religious-cult-2254926

:93:

Brainwashing children in school :22: Life would be so much better if we culled religious extremists :178:

Shoot the lot of them, I agree. What exactly can they offer to the modern World anyway? This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in the other thread!!!!

I wonder would it be possible to sue them perhaps the threat of jail might stop people forcing their beliefs on kids who dont know any better...

I mean surely you could say this harming your childs development if you're paying for the school or paying taxes which trickle down to the school you must have a case? Surely?

I know Id be pissed if it was my kid...

These are beyond extremists. They are a cult. It is disgusting. They said many would come in his name and that they were false prophets. This is 1 of them.

There is nothing Christian about these people. Brain washed and a cult.

Matthew 24:11
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people

If nothing else, I hope the Head Teacher is dismissed over this. It is totally unacceptable for someone in a position with this sort of responsibility to act in such a way.

As you know, I am not a creationist but I do find it interesting how this has been reported in a very hostile manner. Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people? This is reactionary reporting at its worst.

That said, I believe in the separation of schools and churches with the obvious exception of faith schools, which should not be funded by the public purse.

Villan Of The North - 6/9/2013 20:35

As you know, I am not a creationist but I do find it interesting how this has been reported in a very hostile manner. Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people? This is reactionary reporting at its worst.

Did you not see the bit where the book they were given says "without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world."

Or the bit where “The second book talked in such threatening terms about other religions, and compared those who didn’t believe in God to those who carry out abortions."

Never mind the fact that they had these children, starting from 5 years of age, fund raising for their new Church.

Apart from that, they are carrying on with their crazy bandwagon that Evolution is a myth. That in itself is damaging enough, and certainly conflicts with the Curriculum in Scotland.

This is the thin end of the wedge. These people are dangerous, and need stopping now.

Its very bad but then you can say that about most things. Is the Catholic Church, or Muslim teachings any better?

At the end of day it all comes down to us lot sitting on thrones saying this group are bad, that group are bad etc etc. We can point the finger at anyone cant we? Are those on housing estates with 12 kids in a family any better? Are the people that run Syria any better? Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville etc any better? = The world is just a miss match of everything and that same everything judges each other.

Are you going to stop Islam because they treat women as lower class? Or because they arrange marriages etc?

By all means anyone abusing children(both mentally and physically) should be brought forward to Justice - no matter whether they have faith or not.

I'm the only one who has produced any facts and once again I get ignored.

#persecuted

Some people like piercings and have kids....Some people like tattoos and have kids...Some people like pies and have kids...Some people like wine and have kids...Some people like drugs and have kids...Some people like fags and have kids...Some people like chocolate and have kids...Some people steal and have kids...Some people protest and have kids...Some people riot and have kids...Some people are gay and have kids...Some people cheat and have kids...Some people believe in aliens and have kids...Some believe in ghosts and have kids...Some people like to experiment on rabbits and have kids...Some like to shoot rabbits and have kids...Some like to not eat meat at all and have kids....etc etc etc etc.......

And low and behold some people believe in the bible and have kids = lets pick on that group?

Move your kids to another school if you dont like the one they attend..Or go in and chat with them, see where they are coming from etc...Never let anyone hit your child and if they are teaching something you disagree with (hey it happens to any parent), just say something. There is stuff my kids have been taught that I see as pointless or I disagree with - its life and you need to understand the variety of it...

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:04

Some people like piercings and have kids....Some people like tattoos and have kids...Some people like pies and have kids...Some people like wine and have kids...Some people like drugs and have kids...Some people like fags and have kids...Some people like chocolate and have kids...Some people steal and have kids...Some people protest and have kids...Some people riot and have kids...Some people are gay and have kids...Some people cheat and have kids...Some people believe in aliens and have kids...Some believe in ghosts and have kids...Some people like to experiment on rabbits and have kids...Some like to shoot rabbits and have kids...Some like to not eat mean at all and have kids....etc etc etc etc.......

And low and behold some people believe in the bible and have kids = lets pick on that group?

Move your kids to another school if you dont like the one they attend..Or go in and chat with them, see where they are coming from etc...

Why should they have to move their kids school? Why disrupt their lives? These people shouldn't be allowed with a hundred miles of a School. They are trying to mislead these poor Children and fill their heads with nonsense.

Why should they have to move their kids school? Why disrupt their lives? These people shouldn't be allowed with a hundred miles of a School. They are trying to mislead these poor Children and fill their heads with nonsense.
-------
Who defines what is nonsense?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/9/2013 22:09

The Fear - 6/9/2013 21:51

I'm the only one who has produced any facts and once again I get ignored.

#persecuted

You didn't put FACT at the end of it, so we weren't sure!!

:5: :5: :5: :5:

Well if you act any thicker I will start to think you are religious.

Damn, sorry. Wrong thread!!!!

:17:

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:04

Some people like piercings and have kids....Some people like tattoos and have kids...Some people like pies and have kids...Some people like wine and have kids...Some people like drugs and have kids...Some people like fags and have kids...Some people like chocolate and have kids...Some people steal and have kids...Some people protest and have kids...Some people riot and have kids...Some people are gay and have kids...Some people cheat and have kids...Some people believe in aliens and have kids...Some believe in ghosts and have kids...Some people like to experiment on rabbits and have kids...Some like to shoot rabbits and have kids...Some like to not eat meat at all and have kids....etc etc etc etc.......

Move your kids to another school if you dont like the one they attend..Or go in and chat with them, see where they are coming from etc...Never let anyone hit your child and if they are teaching something you disagree with (hey it happens to any parent), just say something. There is stuff my kids have been taught that I see as pointless or I disagree with - its life and you need to understand the variety of it...

Rubbish. Tattoos, smoking, blah blah blah.

They might do that but they aren't teaching cult brainwashing lies.

Unless they are as above AND at that Scottish school, then your point is 100% valid!