US Presidential election | Page 68 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

Pledge did mention three leaders....Gaddafi, Hussain, Trump

Two of them are dead....Um, maybe...no, spot it Mark shouldn’t think like that!!

Did anyone notice I wrote spot instead of stop? Just noticed myself! 🤡

Ive watched Hussain hanging on You Tube from the camera below the platform! Pretty confident it was him swinging about! Can’t comment of Gaddafi!

But Hassain had at least 20 lookalikes that used to replace him when he was in public. How do you know it was the right one..?

Yep. If I were from Liverpool I'd be a Tranmere fan.
After watching Annalise Dodds on Sophie Ridge this morning 58, I fear that we may be in opposition for some time.
An absolute car crash with the usual serene Ms Ridge virtually chuckling.
Half a dozen reasonable questions and answers, nil.
At one stage Ridge said, lovely answer but not the one to the question asked.
Dodds desperately needs media training or just stay off it.
I’m aware that she is highly qualified but that isn’t enough.
She has little chance against Sunak.

After watching Annalise Dodds on Sophie Ridge this morning 58, I fear that we may be in opposition for some time.
An absolute car crash with the usual serene Ms Ridge virtually chuckling.
Half a dozen reasonable questions and answers, nil.
At one stage Ridge said, lovely answer but not the one to the question asked.
Dodds desperately needs media training or just stay off it.
I’m aware that she is highly qualified but that isn’t enough.
She has little chance against Sunak.

I've seen quite a bit of Annelise Dodds shotshy and she's better than that. I'd question the advisability of taking that interview days before Sunak's much vaunted budget. You are on a hiding to nothing even if well briefer, armed with thought out policies (currently a blank piece of paper) and a following wind. She was all over the newsrooms during Corbyn's doomed campaign when most just swerved anything and everything and generally gave a good account of herself.

I think Sunak is overrated, overhyped and untried and will suffer more friendly fire than enough after Wednesday. Johnson has only so much interest in his prospering and ultimately sees him as competition, ditto Gove. I think the fortnight after the budget will see how the tories line up against one another.

I've seen quite a bit of Annelise Dodds shotshy and she's better than that. I'd question the advisability of taking that interview days before Sunak's much vaunted budget. You are on a hiding to nothing even if well briefer, armed with thought out policies (currently a blank piece of paper) and a following wind. She was all over the newsrooms during Corbyn's doomed campaign when most just swerved anything and everything and generally gave a good account of herself.

I think Sunak is overrated, overhyped and untried and will suffer more friendly fire than enough after Wednesday. Johnson has only so much interest in his prospering and ultimately sees him as competition, ditto Gove. I think the fortnight after the budget will see how the tories line up against one another.
Then, you clearly didn’t see her this morning jogills.
It was pretty cringey.
Surely we can do better than this.
There must be at least a few who look and sound the part.
It’s not about policy, it’s all about presentation.

Then, you clearly didn’t see her this morning jogills.
It was pretty cringey.
Surely we can do better than this.
There must be at least a few who look and sound the part.
It’s not about policy, it’s all about presentation.

I am saying that I have seen her perform well in front of difficult interviewers, Andrew Neill for one. She's good when she has a decent brief and a sensible platform but she often takes the field when no one else will. Johnson when interviewed quite gently by Neill was reduced to a pathetic shambles. She's smart and will do better when Labour has worked out what it wants to say and where it wants to be seen on the tax and spend fault line. I'm not sure what you mean by looking the part.

I am saying that I have seen her perform well in front of difficult interviewers, Andrew Neill for one. She's good when she has a decent brief and a sensible platform but she often takes the field when no one else will. Johnson when interviewed quite gently by Neill was reduced to a pathetic shambles. She's smart and will do better when Labour has worked out what it wants to say and where it wants to be seen on the tax and spend fault line. I'm not sure what you mean by looking the part.
Simple question from Ridge

In 2019, you called for an increase in corporation tax.
If Sunak announces a rise in corporation tax this week, will you vote for it.

Dodds - well, we’ll see what it means

Ridge - pretty simple to answer. Would you vote for something you personally called for.

Dodds- well we’ll see what it all means ... and so on .

Lack of credibility in my opinion
You defend her if you want, but at sometime, Labour is going to come off that fence or will be in perpetual opposition.

Still, it fills ten minutes of a news program

Ridge - pretty simple to answer. Would you vote for something you personally called for.

You defend her if you want, but at sometime, Labour is going to come off that fence or will be in perpetual opposition.

In fairness there is a completely different situation now to that in 2019 as we need to be wary of blocking off a recovery and hence it is advisable.to avoid immediate tax rises. Vague question like "support a tax rise" is classic fishing. Can't win whatever she says.

Admit she isn't the strongest card in Starmer's hand but not as bad as you imply and in a no win situation.

Starmer playing the long game (and frankly, has to). Tories will be torn between austerity and splurging more money to keep their promises. Been more like a Labour government re spending so far. It won't last. Then we'll see. Give it a couple of years.
Labour were in melt down a year ago.

I agree entirely about the moment when Labour will need to come off the fence. That's always a crucial moment for an opposition and it's a dilemma that has sunk more than a few leaders. Most of the main players are acutely aware of this and avoid being publicly barbecued but Dodds often stands up for pain. If and when the party recognises the moment and makes its move I believe she'll show her worth.

Don’t understand much about corporate tax, but I think income tax will go up by 1p in the autumn budget! That would raise £6bn a year to help get the country back on track!

Just seen that Trump has woken up...says he might run in 2024, Biden is doing a bad job (especially as he is locked in the Amazon studio)!
Funniest of all “I thought Biden cared about energy, I thought this guy is ok, but he isnt” “He doesn’t care about energy, he wants windmills’’ 😳