US Presidential election | Page 44 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

Dont ignore the main reason which is the same for brexit.
Jobs and industries have been moved overseas resulting in large areas of the country having their lives and communities decimated without hope for their future. Governments have then decided to put nothing in its place and appear to look down on the individuals.
Trump came along and sold them the idea that he could reverse it and in the uk brexiteers were sold the same hopes.

Interesting comparison and it really highlights how the average citizen is turning against, and resents, the imposed ideas of Globalism.

We have jobs and industries but they have moved to being mostly white collar and in the services industry. By no longer having any heavy industry or substantial manufacturing sector (i.e not making much) it makes us over reliant on imports for even our basic needs (cars and electronics being obvious examples). It is possible that Brexit will stimulate a more rounded domestic economy where we have more start-ups and become more self sufficient.

The EU may have suspected that is our aim, which is why they were having kittens about the "level playing field" competition clause in the Trade deal.

If that is what Trump tapped in to in the US, it perhaps explained why some were even willing to look beyond his needless aggression and disgusting personality.

Last edited:
Interesting comparison and it really highlights how the average citizen is turning against, and resents, the imposed ideas of Globalism.

We have jobs and industries but they have moved to being mostly white collar and in the services industry. By no longer having any heavy industry or substantial manufacturing sector (i.e not making much) it makes us over reliant on imports for even our basic needs (cars and electronics being obvious examples). It is possible that Brexit will stimulate a more rounded domestic economy where we have more start-ups and become more self sufficient.

The EU may have suspected that is our aim, which is why they were having kittens about the "level playing field" competition clause in the Trade deal.

If that is what Trump tapped in to in the US, it perhaps explained why some were even willing to look beyond his needless aggression and disgusting personality.

Well the same powers and globalist agenda are still in charge in the uk. I do not see how or why anything will be done to bring back or develop industry or train anybody more than we so now. Pessimistic but do not see why they need to change the situation.

Didn't bother reading the article but known BLM and Antifa activist John Sullivan was interviewed on CNN afterwards where he admitted to breaking in with everyone else but he was doing it for "journalistic" reasons to document the raid. Alas he was caught shouting things on the lines of "this place is ours" and "lets burn this shit down". He has since been arrested by the FBI.

He may well be some kind of activist with some kind of a mission going on inside his head but it would seem that John Sullivan is anything but a, "known BLM and Antifa activist":
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blm-utah...1sC-NQe1nnD8I7AuG_JTnBbGNk10QvsigfJPonQskJwM8

He may well be some kind of activist with some kind of a mission going on inside his head

That's pretty much stating the obvious Bud.
More 'rentamob' mentality I suspect , both left and right extremes have them.
To most folk , they're are violent anarchist types , but I appreciate that you have a different definition of 'pure' anarchism.

That's pretty much stating the obvious Bud.
More 'rentamob' mentality I suspect , both left and right extremes have them.
To most folk , they're are violent anarchist types , but I appreciate that you have a different definition of 'pure' anarchism.

Yeah, well I agree with that, val. There are definitely what you refer to as 'rentamob' on both sides.

But daddyBag said that this individual was a, "known BLM and Antifa activist". He palpably wasn't. He had nothing to do with BLM, nor Antifa. He was, by the sounds of it, just a bit of an attention seeker.

He may well be some kind of activist with some kind of a mission going on inside his head but it would seem that John Sullivan is anything but a, "known BLM and Antifa activist":
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blm-utah...1sC-NQe1nnD8I7AuG_JTnBbGNk10QvsigfJPonQskJwM8

He seems to think he is even if groups like BLM distance themselves from them. He has also been seen at events heavily attended by the two groups I mentioned.

Nevertheless, would you not accept the point that John Sullivan politically is likely to be a left wing provocativor than a right wing demonstrator? As per my original point, the majority of those storming the building were likely to be Trump supporters with individual left wing agent provocativors trying to cause trouble.

Whatever method of weighing up is used to evaluate Trump's presidency he has one definite legacy: a world in which authoritarians sleep easier and China's rise has been accelerated by three, or four decades. I'd concede the reluctance to engage in wars but wonder whether the sum total of human misery is any less given his abandonment of allies and the weak. Good riddance and I don't believe the sweetening of future politics is aided by trying to accommodate him. The legitimate concerns of many of his supporters remain to be addressed.

Whatever method of weighing up is used to evaluate Trump's presidency he has one definite legacy: a world in which authoritarians sleep easier and China's rise has been accelerated by three, or four decades. I'd concede the reluctance to engage in wars but wonder whether the sum total of human misery is any less given his abandonment of allies and the weak. Good riddance and I don't believe the sweetening of future politics is aided by trying to accommodate him. The legitimate concerns of many of his supporters remain to be addressed.

Would you prefer peoples children to be bombed to death or live in misery. Bit of a judgement call!

Whatever method of weighing up is used to evaluate Trump's presidency he has one definite legacy: a world in which authoritarians sleep easier and China's rise has been accelerated by three, or four decades.

Considering the Biden family's business links with the CCP, I reckon China's rise will be accelerated more under the Biden / Harris administration than under Trump's anti-China rhetoric.

I would not be surprised if in the next 4 years China makes a move to annex Taiwan and Biden hesitates and refused to stand up to China.

Edit: Taiwan and not Thailand :slap:

Last edited:

Perhaps we could look at what Putin has done in Russia (and I don't mean poisoning Starmer) to revitalise industry. Once sanctions started kicking in the Kremlin gave businesses and entrepreneurs grants/subsidies to start producing items no longer available. For example Russia now has home production of french and italian style cheeses.

Nice peaceful Trump fans enjoying an inquisitive and leisurely stroll through the Capitol building stirred to violence by undercover Antifa agent provocateurs.

Wonderful.
:-)

As peaceful as the BLM demonstrators in the likes of Portland who were victims of right wing agents causing trouble.

Considering the Biden family's business links with the CCP, I reckon China's rise will be accelerated more under the Biden / Harris administration than under Trump's anti-China rhetoric.

I would not be surprised if in the next 4 years China makes a move to annex Taiwan and Biden hesitates and refused to stand up to China.

Edit: Taiwan and not Thailand :slap:

Taiwan is part of china whether we like it or not. Yes the rest of the world pretended the piece of land invaded called Formosa was really china and was given the chinese seat at the united nations pretending that little old mainland china did not exist. Inconvenient facts, now tibet is another story.

As peaceful as the BLM demonstrators in the likes of Portland who were victims of right wing agents causing trouble.

On any demonstration it would not be unusual for the state to have 'plants' in the crowd (whether internal or paid off insiders). Sometimes just to observe and gather intel or to instigate trouble.

You would need to on the actual demo yourself to see the bigger picture. Maybe a look into the civil rights movement in the us. Or union marches in this country. Rarely do you get infiltrators from the other side joining of their own decision.