US Presidential election | Page 3 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

He's a dog whistler, simple as.

I await your apology for calling me a bigot.
Yup, as far as your views on Nigel Farage and millions who support controlling immigration....
You are a bigot.
i.e. Pure prejudice.
Don't let a little thing like evidence or truth sway your vile view.

(Not nice is it.....)

Medway M.

Farage has never been "anti-immigrant"- just against mass, uncontrolled immigration.
You know the difference perfectly well. (I assume that you do....)
This is straight from the far left's playbook - conflate the personality of an individual immigrant with the wide-spread impact of mass-immigration.

When has he ever said "he'd like to kick people out based on race" ??

You should be ashamed ! :wagging:

Yes he has - listen to the whole thing - 11:30 onwards is the pertinent area re him being anti immigrant

He has never said it overtly, he's too clever for that, but he's a dog whistler

There's a reason he lasted longer than nick griffin after all

Yup, as far as your views on Nigel Farage and millions who support controlling immigration....
You are a bigot.
i.e. Pure prejudice.
Don't let a little thing like evidence or truth sway your vile view.

(Not nice is it.....)

Being intolerant of intolerance is not bigotry

Being intolerant of intolerance is not bigotry
What you really mean is
"I will declare anyone I disagree with as "intolerant" - thus entitling me to abuse them."

How is declaring an opinion based on prejudice and assumption not "bigotry"?

I might as well say:
"I'm intolerant of unevidenced assertions based on prejudice"
or pithier...
"I'm intolerant of bigots".

And so far, I would have a sounder basis for that !

Just leave out the personal asides and a better debate can be had.

He's a dog whistler, simple as.

I await your apology for calling me a bigot.
I apologise for calling you a bigot MM.
I appreciate that name calling is not very nice but I would say that you should offer opinions not statements of fact.
Otherwise, you’ll be called out.
It does seem to be the current mode among people who consider themselves liberal in their attitudes.
Intolerance of the intolerant is the James O’Brien shock jock methodology.
He’s very tolerant as long as you agree 100% with him.
He doesn’t even realise how boring and bullying he is.
I sometimes listen for amusement.

Yes he has - listen to the whole thing - 11:30 onwards is the pertinent area re him being anti immigrant

He has never said it overtly, he's too clever for that, but he's a dog whistler

There's a reason he lasted longer than nick griffin after all
MM. Thanks for wasting my time.
(...or maybe not if the record gets corrected...)

Where on earth do you get your conclusions from ???
How is Farage's description of preferred immigration policy (quoted below) remotely "anti-immigrant" ?
Surely if anyone is "dog-whistling" it is you, with your unsubstantiated one-liners ?

Firstly, the clip is typical JOB.
Monologues and rants against imagined demons.
Loaded or "begging" questions.
The guest tries to comment - but JOB either talks over or (as at 11:13) fails to wait for an answer saying:
"Let me move on..."

11:25
JOB : “You mentioned discomfort at listening to foreign languages on a train”

11:30
NF : “I made the point that I got on a train.
There were lots of people around me and no-one spoke English.

I didn’t object to it.”

12:15
NF: "We want a sensible, balanced immigration policy.
We want people with skills to come into Britain.
We also want integration in society."

JOB."Of course we do."
(A surprising agreement ???...but JOB didn't want to discuss immigration)

14:10
JOB: "If that was the debate we could have it now.
But what the caller asked you is, “Why so many people think you’re racist ?”
"

14:20
NF: "What is “racism” ?
Is race about colour ? Is it about nationality ?
"

Then we had another JOB monologue....
....mentioning NF's German-speaking daughters
- making assertions and innuendo about people being supposedly “demonised and typified” by NF and/or UKIP
No invitation to NF to respond.

17:10 Another JOB rant about Parties in the EU Parliament

This clip is typical of a JOB -style "forensic cross-examination" being more like the infamously loaded:
"When did you stop beating your wife ?"

Ho hum. Ask a broad cross section of Farage supporters if they believe he is anti immigrant. I'll go with the majority.
What on earth is your evidence for "anti-immigrant?
(I suspect pure prejudice based on what you've been told - by anti-Brexit, anti-Farage, Guardian-like sources.)

Probably, I've canvassed hundreds more people during the Referendum than you have ever spoken to about Brexit.

Probably, I've met fifty a hundred times more Farage supporters than you could name.

The message has ALWAYS been about the total quantity of immigration - and the impact of mass immigration on housing, public services, transport, wages - NOT about an individual just for being an immigrant.

Last edited:
What on earth is your evidence for "anti-immigrant?
(I suspect pure prejudice based on what you've been told - by anti-Brexit, anti-Farage, Guardian-like sources.)

Probably, I've canvassed hundreds more people during the Referendum than you have ever spoken to about Brexit.

Probably, I've met fifty a hundred times more Farage supporters than you could name.

The message has ALWAYS been about the total quantity of immigration - and the impact of mass immigration on housing, public services, transport, wages - NOT about an individual just for being and immigrant.

You have not even read, or understood what I wrote. Where have I stated that I know Farage is anti immigrant, still less that I have evidence of it? You have even less knowledge of how many people I have canvassed and spoken to.

I was not arguing with you over what you believe to be Mr Farage's attitude to immigrants, still less what you believe to be the impact of immigration on our country. I repeat:

Ask a broad cross section of Farage supporters if they believe he is anti immigrant. I'll go with the majority.

You have not even read, or understood what I wrote. .
Did you read and understand what I wrote ?

I repeat:
Ask a broad cross section of Farage supporters if they believe he is anti immigrant. I'll go with the majority.
And I answered....
....by telling you what hundreds of UKIP, Leavers, Brexit Party supporters have told me over the last 5 years.....
i.e. the problem is mass immigration - not individual immigrants.

Which is also what tens of thousands of Leavers have been told by dozens of platform speakers at rallies for UKIP, Vote Leave, Brexit Party etc.

Perhaps instead ask why anti-Faragists claim that Farage supporters are "anti-immigrant".
Is it because:
a) They believe anti-Brexit sources, without question ?
b) They rarely engage directly with pro-Brexiteers ?

My previous answer:
>>>

The message has ALWAYS been about the total quantity of immigration - and the impact of mass immigration on housing, public services, transport, wages - NOT about an individual just for being an immigrant.
<<<

Did you read and understand what I wrote ?

And I answered....
....by telling you what hundreds of UKIP, Leavers, Brexit Party supporters have told me over the last 5 years.....
i.e. the problem is mass immigration - not individual immigrants.

Which is also what tens of thousands of Leavers have been told by dozens of platform speakers at rallies for UKIP, Vote Leave, Brexit Party etc.

Perhaps instead ask why anti-Faragists claim that Farage supporters are "anti-immigrant".
Is it because:
a) They believe anti-Brexit sources, without question ?
b) They rarely engage directly with pro-Brexiteers ?

My previous answer:
>>>

<<<

So we are a little more aware of what goes on in your head. I did not comment on that but you managed to accuse me of prejudice for musing on what an imaginary poll might find. You have no idea of how many Farage, or Brexit supporters I have spoken to. I have certainly never harangued a single one, nor have I called their convictions stupid, evil, or racist. People tend to reveal more when you don't speak to them in bold, underlined and italic.

If you're final word is that your word rules because you know more, beacuse you know more of what other people think then exchange is rendered pointless.

Kayne West “Abortion is legal, but financial incentives for struggling mothers would lower the demand for it. Everyone who has a baby gets a million dollars”

So yesterday, both candidates were speaking about the disorder in Philadelphia during the last couple of days. I couldn`t help noticing that the name of the police chief in the City of Brotherly Love is actually, genuinely .... D Outlaw !!!! Only in America !

So yesterday, both candidates were speaking about the disorder in Philadelphia during the last couple of days. I couldn`t help noticing that the name of the police chief in the City of Brotherly Love is actually, genuinely .... D Outlaw !!!! Only in America !
I thought I was the only one who picked up on that 😁
Only in America, as you say.

Population three hundred million and that's the best they can come up with? It just proves nobody with any leadership talent want's the job under present circumstances.
We didn't do much better, Corbyn and Johnson.

Can we have the New Zealand PM please?