US Presidential election | Page 101 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

Get what you're saying but Pledge's opinions are harmless enough, and are more about the politics of it all. I'm a Vet myself , so pass on my respect to your brother 👍
Thanks VG, I will. He'll appreciate that. And thanks for your service mate, all vets deserve our thanks and respect, it's a tough job for those serving and their families that not all of us could do.

A very dignified response RE1 and credit to you, given your real experience of the situation. I put this piece of work on 'ignore' some months ago. He is either seriously disturbed or on some kind of sick wind up.
Thanks Gills 58, I appreciate your response sir.

Thanks Gills 58, I appreciate your response sir.
You're welcome.

It's a lot of rough and tumble on this board with all sorts of arguments and insults back and forth along with non PC jokes. However, some issues shouldn't be treated as such and coming out with fantasy "rabbit-hole" bunk on this issue is one of them imo.

By the way, am I alone in being outraged at some people prioritising animals over human beings in the evacuation crisis?

You're welcome.

It's a lot of rough and tumble on this board with all sorts of arguments and insults back and forth along with non PC jokes. However, some issues shouldn't be treated as such and coming out with fantasy "rabbit-hole" bunk on this issue is one of them imo.

By the way, am I alone in being outraged at some people prioritising animals over human beings in the evacuation crisis?

That’s been all over our local news because Pen came from Plymouth and the charity is based in Tiverton.
I’d say it has been a 50/50 split on what he has done.
He initially said that he wouldn’t leave without his 64 ? staff until it became apparent that they didn’t qualify to come to the U.K..
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, he raised over £300 k from well wishers and a few celebrities, and he was the only person on the plane, plus animals.

That’s been all over our local news because Pen came from Plymouth and the charity is based in Tiverton.
I’d say it has been a 50/50 split on what he has done.
He initially said that he wouldn’t leave without his 64 ? staff until it became apparent that they didn’t qualify to come to the U.K..
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, he raised over £300 k from well wishers and a few celebrities, and he was the only person on the plane, plus animals.

in his interviews he said that he offered to take a planeload of passengers.

He achieved the seemingly impossible and made me feel sorry for a Government minister.

What is wrong with people? 50/50? Omg.

You can add that ludicrous campaign to save that Alpaca too. Soppy tw#ts with placards "we are Geronimo" ffs. How many of them are meat eaters I wonder? Trying to keep a dangerous animal alive whilst tucking into their Maccy D's burger.

Rant over.

(for the pedants, I was using some poetic licence there).

He achieved the seemingly impossible and made me feel sorry for a Government minister.

What is wrong with people? 50/50? Omg.

You can add that ludicrous campaign to save that Alpaca too. Soppy tw#ts with placards "we are Geronimo" ffs. How many of them are meat eaters I wonder? Trying to keep a dangerous animal alive whilst tucking into their Maccy D's burger.

Rant over.

(for the pedants, I was using some poetic licence there).
As I said earlier 58, the public and media have been sidelined with relatively trivial stories involving the withdrawal while totally missing the important point of the Afghan government doing a runner at the earliest opportunity.
The SIS can only operate with the information available and I’m sure that nobody in western intelligence foresaw the swift and total capitulation of the Afghani forces.
I believe that the assumption was that the Afghan army would drop back to defend the capital. That’s what was expected.

Agree with most of your post shotshy, but when the Afghan troops who had not been paid for sometime. Their president/prime minister had already legged with the money, does tend to effect morale and the intelligence services must have known this. Also the Yanks had removed their air cover, it's hardly suprising that the Afghan Army melted away.

Hardly surprising that a highly armed and trained Army ran at the first sign of trouble ?
Really?
I expect that these guys will also be ok if a Taliban fighter takes a shine to their missus.
They won’t mind if their daughters are sold on as slaves.
That’s what happened last time.

As I said earlier 58, the public and media have been sidelined with relatively trivial stories involving the withdrawal while totally missing the important point of the Afghan government doing a runner at the earliest opportunity.

The trivial stories, as well as the heartbreaking ones e.g.the taxi driver, Uber driver and corner shop owners, stuck in Afghanistan after visiting their families, and unable to get back to Britain.

Flea Afghanistan in fear of your life - fight to get yourself to Britain - claim asylum - make a life for yourself in the UK - and then, err, pop back to Afghanistan (which you fled in fear of your life remember) for a few months to see your family and wife!?

And the poor NHS doctor, fled to the UK to claim asylum that is unable to sleep worrying about his 7 sisters in Afghanistan!

Hardly surprising that a highly armed and trained Army ran at the first sign of trouble ?
Really?
I expect that these guys will also be ok if a Taliban fighter takes a shine to their missus.
They won’t mind if their daughters are sold on as slaves.
That’s what happened last time.
From what I've heard on the radio from our troops who served there (and a senior police officer), there was mass corruptuon from those high up in the Afghan army and Government. Most troops poorly paid or not at all at times and rigged elections. Not surprised they melted to some extent. Add a dismal failure to impose a "western" system on the populace.

Same flop as in a series of interventions by the west over centuries. Have a look at the memorial as you walk out of Rochester Cathedral. A whole column of dead Engineers from wars there in the 1820's and 50's.

Anyway, never mind, we can all sleep easy in our beds knowing the cats and dogs are safe now.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You're welcome.

I agree 58.

MPs were receiving more emails and letters from constituents demanding the return of the dogs versus those that risk their lives helping out forces.

The guy clearly means well but appears to have lost touch with a bit of reality in terms of prioritisation.

Most people in the real world I know seem to agree it was frankly ludicrous. Unfortunately, however, there is a proportion of life that is lived in the social media world and to some that is far more important.

Big announcement today at 6pm!!!!

(that was 2 and a half hours ago)

Never mind, we have been waiting since mid April, a few more hours won't hurt!

Can you let us know once it has been revealed?
I’ve been out having fish and chips on Appledore quay and missed the announcement.
What happened?