US Politics Thread | Page 654 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Absolutely everything about COVID has become political. Every little thing.

I’m glad I’ve had Pfizer because I doubt having AZ in the long run will suit widespread travel, in the interests of mainly American shareholders.

Have the US let South America purchase other vaccines apart from their own yet, or is it short term commercial benefit above the bigger picture of getting as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible across the world (not just western)?

What's stopping you?

It isn't easy or inexpensive to just up and move to another country, especially with a family. If we were to get a job with sponsorship we would move in a heartbeat. I've had several friends who have been transferred to another country for their jobs and they have absolutely loved it. Mr Siggy is a software developer and we have looked at jobs in other countries but haven't had any luck yet.

Moving from state to state here is easy. I was born in Indiana, moved to Ohio, then South Carolina to Wisconsin back to Ohio and back again to South Carolina. We're hoping to move back to Ohio once again. The girls lived in 3 states before they were a year and a half old.

Each region is extremely different from each other and the states within the regions are different as well. I would think that moving from state to state is similar to moving from country to country in Europe, other than the language differences.

I’m glad I’ve had Pfizer because I doubt having AZ in the long run will suit widespread travel, in the interests of mainly American shareholders.

Have the US let South America purchase other vaccines apart from their own yet, or is it short term commercial benefit above the bigger picture of getting as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible across the world (not just western)?

Have you met the US? All kidding aside, I honestly don't know.

Here's the latest bullshit we're dealing with now...starring my governor.

Sweeping new vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans

In his most forceful pandemic actions and words, President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered sweeping new federal vaccine requirements for as many as 100 million Americans — private-sector employees as well as health care workers and federal contractors — in an all-out effort to curb the surging COVID-19 delta variant...

Gov. Henry McMaster of South Carolina said in a statement that “Biden and the radical Democrats (have) thumbed their noses at the Constitution,” while American Federation of Government Employees National President Everett Kelley insisted that “changes like this should be negotiated with our bargaining units where appropriate.”

https://apnews.com/article/joe-bide...utive-branch-18fb12993f05be13bf760946a6fb89be

It isn't easy or inexpensive to just up and move to another country, especially with a family. If we were to get a job with sponsorship we would move in a heartbeat. I've had several friends who have been transferred to another country for their jobs and they have absolutely loved it. Mr Siggy is a software developer and we have looked at jobs in other countries but haven't had any luck yet.

Moving from state to state here is easy. I was born in Indiana, moved to Ohio, then South Carolina to Wisconsin back to Ohio and back again to South Carolina. We're hoping to move back to Ohio once again. The girls lived in 3 states before they were a year and a half old.

Each region is extremely different from each other and the states within the regions are different as well. I would think that moving from state to state is similar to moving from country to country in Europe, other than the language differences.
Come Thailand with me. Properties are so cheap there now post covid.
I feel same as you but about UK. Maybe for different reasons but same as you. I'm done with this country. Absolutely done.

What type of people do this?!?!?! Honestly.

Tennessee teen talking about grandma who died of Covid heckled by adults at school board meeting

A Tennessee teenager who was mocked by adults as he defended masks by explaining his grandmother died of Covid-19 called the moment “complete insanity.”

Grady Knox, a junior at Central Magnet School, was mocked and shouted down while speaking at a Rutherford County School Board meeting Tuesday night. A clip of the moment made the rounds of social media, showing adults telling the teenage boy to “shut up” as he gave a personal story to relay his views in favor of mask mandates.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...5lBmz21WKsIAKZfV30_h6YCvXu4p6rZcVU8QWDTNFjSqM

Come Thailand with me. Properties are so cheap there now post covid.
I feel same as you but about UK. Maybe for different reasons but same as you. I'm done with this country. Absolutely done.

I believe that foreigners aren't allowed to buy property in Thailand. Perhaps foreigners are only allowed to buy in certain areas?

Yeah, it's certainly much more difficult with kids. I moved here when I was 25. I threw all of the things I wanted into an old, battered suitcase and jumped on a plane. Lol

I believe that foreigners aren't allowed to buy property in Thailand. Perhaps foreigners are only allowed to buy in certain areas?
You can't buy a house. But you can buy a condo.
Similar to an apartment... Most have gyms and pools.
If you buy a house it has to be solely in the name of a Thai woman. Eeeek

hi siggy, have you thought about moving to ireland, lots of people are moving from cities and towns into areas such as kerry and working from home, at the moment properties prices are low compared with the uk but starting to rise, its a great place for a young family, seanie

hi siggy, have you thought about moving to ireland, lots of people are moving from cities and towns into areas such as kerry and working from home, at the moment properties prices are low compared with the uk but starting to rise, its a great place for a young family, seanie
I would LOVE to move to Ireland. I’m one generation too far to have Irish citizenship. Here’s my genetic breakdown and yes I’m a ginger.
Have the relaxed the requirements to move to Ireland recently? CB153170-F8DC-411A-B778-9223DEAEF712.jpeg

I would LOVE to move to Ireland. I’m one generation too far to have Irish citizenship. Here’s my genetic breakdown and yes I’m a ginger.
Have the relaxed the requirements to move to Ireland recently? View attachment 51707
And yes, Americans have a weird thing for our background, where our ancestors come from. Maybe it’s because we don’t have culture or history that goes back much more than 250 years or so.

I've been reading the comments on a right wing site today. They are all about how vaccines don't help, but drugs like HCQ and Ivermectin do.

Science really is tough for many, it seems.
They seem to gravitate toward anything that is not mainstream, such as these 'alternative' drugs. Science is really bad until they find a crockpot figure in the medical or another scientific field (like an Andrew Wakefield type) who has the same view.

And yes, Americans have a weird thing for our background, where our ancestors come from. Maybe it’s because we don’t have culture or history that goes back much more than 250 years or so.

good on ya.. there are lots of american high tech companies here, apple etc and as i said there is an impetus on working from home, thats why people are moving to rural areas, where you can get properties with a bit of land such as an acre, well under a 100 000 euros, where as the likes of dublin are sky high..seanie

I've been reading the comments on a right wing site today. They are all about how vaccines don't help, but drugs like HCQ and Ivermectin do.

Science really is tough for many, it seems.
Is that a right wing thing?
It's a loony thing.
Maybe loonies that happen to be right wing.

But this goes in the loony bin not in which Wing of politics you belong to.

They seem to gravitate toward anything that is not mainstream, such as these 'alternative' drugs. Science is really bad until they find a crockpot figure in the medical or another scientific field (like an Andrew Wakefield type) who has the same view.

Yes, they seem to delight in denying that science offers any insight at all. Fauci is evil, and Trump is a medical genius seems to be a common misconception.