US Politics Thread | Page 634 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

It still doesn't discount the lab leak theory. Scientists in Wuhan were studying coronaviruses in that lab. Suddenly, there was an outbreak of a coronavirus in Wuhan. Coincidence?

It's all circumstantial, I am 50/50 on it. There is also the possibility it is somewhere in the middle. They could have transported bats to the lab and someone could have made a mistake and got infected on the way. So there you have the natural virus and a leak from the lab all in one go. TBH that's where I sit, its a naturally occurring virus, and somebody fucked up.

From what I've looked at too the true origin of many pandemics is rarely found. Ebola they have no idea where that came from and the Spanish flu they have down as US, Europe or China as the origin. The first recorded cases were in Kansas but they have data that both supports and contradicts a North American origin.

I think stuff can get further than we think especially given how connected the world is. This is anecdotal but I watch 90 Day Fiance with the misses, a woman on the show was in the ICU with COVID in December 2019. The US Gov didnt even think it reached their shores until February.

It's not unreasonable to think that someone caught it in Yunnan, maybe it jumped to a couple of others, and then someone flew to Wuhan. I don't think thats unreasonable because at the lab I am sure there are a bunch of protocols in place. With either theory, a few hoops still have to be jumped.

I don't think we'll ever know, China is covering something up, whether it is the lab or hiding more humanitarian crimes. Who knows.

They catch bats in one region, and transport them, still alive, to markets all over China. If they were left in the wild, contact would be minimal.

The US used to fund the Wuhan lab, as an early warning system, because SARS is thought to originate in the region. Trump halted that funding, along with dozens of other labs Obama set up. That meant no early warning, and no access to data now.

As many of us suspected at the time, it seems that the White House sat on 4,500 tips called in about Kavanaugh when he was appointed to the Supreme Court.

Instead of following up on them, the White House Council buried them all.

Why is everything about Trump corrupt? Can't he just get one thing done without breaking the law?

Last edited:
Also, documents relating to Trump telling Justice to nullify the election, and he'd "sort it out later" have emerged.

Plus, SDNY want to interview Ivanka and Don Jr for the same offence Weisselberg was arrested for.

All in all, a good week.

It would be pretty nice if Ivanka got locked up. She has even less morals and integrity than her father.

After much delay, senators unveiled a nearly $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package, wrapping up days of painstaking work on the inches-thick bill and launching what is certain to be a lengthy debate over President Joe Biden’s big priority.

For all those that said Joe would be a disaster, this is the first bipartisan deal of any decent size that anyone has achieved for decades. It seems his knowledge of the system, and the respect he gets from other politicians, has worked.

A US couple who gained nationwide notoriety after they pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters last year have been pardoned.
Mark and Patricia McCloskey were filmed holding weapons outside their home in St Louis, Missouri.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58083772

200.gif

LOL

Andrew Cuomo: Biden says governor should resign over harassment report

President Joe Biden has called on Andrew Cuomo to resign after a damning independent inquiry found the New York governor had harassed multiple women.
Mr Biden's condemnation of Mr Cuomo came hours after the state's Attorney General Letitia James said the governor had violated state and federal laws.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58077255

Thoroughly shocking tbh, and a upsetting because as a crisis leader for NY he was excellent. He made mistakes and made decisions which killed people but I think on the balance his handling of covid seemed immense. I for one took great solace in his handling of things when I was living in the city.

With all of that said he gotta go. I don’t see how a smear campaign of this magnitude could have been organized without lots of truth behind it. Like it seems pretty damning.

Thoroughly shocking tbh, and a upsetting because as a crisis leader for NY he was excellent. He made mistakes and made decisions which killed people but I think on the balance his handling of covid seemed immense. I for one took great solace in his handling of things when I was living in the city.

With all of that said he gotta go. I don’t see how a smear campaign of this magnitude could have been organized without lots of truth behind it. Like it seems pretty damning.
I used to watch his press conferences and think how good they were. Showing proper leadership when there was none coming from Trump. Talk of him as a possible future President. And now this. Shocking. Talk last night was that they have enough votes to Impeach him if he does'nt resign. For the sake of his family he needs to go and go now.
Dont know if anything has happened to day. I usually just have half hour of CNN late on.

I was raising my concerns about him on here ages ago on deaf ears. He's as bent as a nine bob note. Very shady character and I'm glad he's getting his comeuppance.

Very disappointed in the Cuomo news. Not unexpected to a degree, but still, in these positions of power you have to be doubly careful.

Even sadder when you take into account what a great job he did. That sort of leadership is so hard to find.

As far as I can see, nobody is prosecuting him, though, which is odd. If they have definitive proof, impeach him. If not, keep it quiet.

Very disappointed in the Cuomo news. Not unexpected to a degree, but still, in these positions of power you have to be doubly careful.

Even sadder when you take into account what a great job he did. That sort of leadership is so hard to find.

As far as I can see, nobody is prosecuting him, though, which is odd. If they have definitive proof, impeach him. If not, keep it quiet.
Watching it on CNN last night they have given him until 13th and if he has'nt resigned by then they will impeach. He is adamant that he is innocent and wants his day in court to challenge the allegations

Watching it on CNN last night they have given him until 13th and if he has'nt resigned by then they will impeach. He is adamant that he is innocent and wants his day in court to challenge the allegations

I did see he issued a video showing him being touchy feely with lots of men as well. His defence seems to be that he does it to everyone.

I'm not sure that's going to hold up in the current climate.