US Politics Thread | Page 693 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I'm not fan of The Donald. He was a preposterous President. Sleepy Joe seems like a hapless old coot. Neither of them should ever have been considered for such a serious job. I'll put Hillary on that list too.

:clap:

The quality of world leaders lately has been poor both sides of the Atlantic, Hilary would’ve been a disaster and all.

I don’t see it with Joe either, I think he’s a poor and past it. But he isn’t Trump so he’s automatically good. The bloke seems a bit senile and loose lipped from where I’m sitting. He’s in real danger of repelling Democrat voters and giving Trump a free ticket back into office which was exactly the effect Hilary had.

If you actually look, though, Biden is advancing his agenda domestically. He's passed more legislation than Obama did at this point.

How do we judge success? Getting legislation passed means his legacy will last for decades. Trump's was erased in weeks.

58% of Americans, including 19% of republicans say trump should be charged over the 6th Jan riots. If they pick him, he'll lose.

Again, Biden is hardly the best pick but he's the better of an evil.

He's also surrounded himself with competence and replugged gaps Trump left often as he didn't want to know...he's far from perfect, and he shouldn't stand again but in general he makes fewer slip ups than Boris in my humble.

He's already done a shit load of good in the US but it's not really headline stuff, particularly as Trump's hidden tax agenda is now biting and somewhat nullifying Biden's efforts to balance because like normal folks look at me, me, me and not the bigger picture.

He's far from perfect though, nobody has ever said he was.

The US Supreme Court has struck down a New York law that restricted gun ownership. Is the US the only country going backwards on gun laws?

To be fair it is the conservatives that are going backwards, they want the country to go back to 1776. And it is a small minority that want looser gun restrictions. Again 80% of Americans favor stricter gun control laws. We are being held hostage by a handful of people in power.

Clarence Thomas in his concurring opinion said SCOTUS also should reconsider rulings involving contraception, same-sex relationships, and same- sex marriage.
"In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell."

Just the beginning.

Sadly it's totally unsurprising and the way they forced the hinge on Roe to get their own way you know exactly how they will move forward as Siggy implies.