US Politics Thread | Page 631 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Well I would argue that she did, actually.

She was the nominee on the Biden/Harris ticket and they won the election fairly convincingly.

So the American electorate appear to see a less poisonous candidate than you do, by the look of it.
Thought she got low confidence votes in the latest polls?
Don't pretend to know about American politics.
Got bigger worries to worry about.
Just my opinion of her.

Harris's polling hovers around 41%.

Joe is around 55%.

For reference, Trump's was around 37%.

I know very little about US politics, even less about Harris - next to nothing if I’m honest.

I’d hazard a guess though that the swing between her and Biden of 14% is partly or even largely down to the fact she’s a lady from an ethnic background.

I know very little about US politics, even less about Harris - next to nothing if I’m honest.

I’d hazard a guess though that the swing between her and Biden of 14% is partly or even largely down to the fact she’s a lady from an ethnic background.

She gets a lot of bad press from the right, and yes, her sex and the fact she's "not really black" feature highly in it.

The simple truth is, they can't get anything to stick to Joe, so she is their main target currently.

Biden has just had a massive win, by the way. He's agreed his Infrastructure Bill with both sides, which is a huge bipartisan victory.

It's been a long time since both sides worked together, and it just demonstrates how experience really does help.

Saw this today too, I thought it was excellent and he said nothing controversial but it'll be twisted this way and that. Exactly as you said Mike, he spoke purely "matter of fact" without judgement of what he even thought CRT. I do think he implied there was something to it. Its fantastic to see someone in a leadership position "know a few things" or as he said actually be well-read.

At the very least, being open to finding out about things he doesn't know, irrespective of whether or not it then 'effects' his job kind of thing.

Like you I thought it was refreshing and I couldn't fault him for his outlook.

Biden has just had a massive win, by the way. He's agreed his Infrastructure Bill with both sides, which is a huge bipartisan victory.

It's been a long time since both sides worked together, and it just demonstrates how experience really does help.

Meant to post about that but forgot. Really don't get what the Reps get from this, it's a massive Demo win in reality and Biden gets to parade 'working across the divide' for the great good.

I can only think the Reps think the 'working across the divide' earns them browny points here??

US President Joe Biden has signed a law that designates a former nightclub that was the scene of a deadly mass shooting as a national memorial site.
On Friday the president also announced the appointment of a US special envoy to advance the human rights of LGBT people globally.
The role was created at the State Department in 2015 but has been vacant since 2017 as Mr Biden's predecessor Donald Trump chose not to fill the position.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57615637

Meant to post about that but forgot. Really don't get what the Reps get from this, it's a massive Demo win in reality and Biden gets to parade 'working across the divide' for the great good.

I can only think the Reps think the 'working across the divide' earns them browny points here??

In truth, the spending is needed. They got Democrats to back down on a few points, so they can paint it as a win also.

Glad Garland is on top of the voter suppression efforts already. Its Republicans only chance, in truth.

The thought just struck me that the best thing for the Democrats will be for Trump to stick around to fight in 2024. 4 years older and less healthy, he'll be beating a worn out drum to his dwindling base. He lost to Biden even with the advantage of being the incumbent. Biden will hammer him in 2024 if things stay as they are.

It's going to bury populism for a long time in US politics.

The thought just struck me that the best thing for the Democrats will be for Trump to stick around to fight in 2024. 4 years older and less healthy, he'll be beating a worn out drum to his dwindling base. He lost to Biden even with the advantage of being the incumbent. Biden will hammer him in 2024 if things stay as they are.

It's going to bury populism for a long time in US politics.

I wonder why that's the reason Biden seems reluctant to send Trump to prison? He ensures a beatable opponent, and stops him becoming a martyr.

It goes further than that, though. Biden's DOJ is actively defending Trump in some cases. I suspect BB is right, and they will target his money, along with his children and other key officials in his businesses.

They seem very reluctant to send a President to prison.

Who do they report to?
Do you think they are doing a good job?

To add to what Heath said, there were very serious investigations and allegations against many ICE agents. There were reports of sadistic chat on some ICE forum and it got massively publicity for agents saying they would love to rape end deport Ilhan Omar and AOC.

I believe even the FBI took it incredibly seriously when AOC went to the border.

The US National Security Agency (NSA) has hit back at allegations by Fox News host Tucker Carlson that it is spying on him to force him off air.
On Monday Carlson, a long-time critic of President Joe Biden, said a government whistle-blower had told him the NSA was monitoring him for "political reasons".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57663136

200w.gif

He recalled several unsuccessful attempts to speak on the phone with the NSA's director, General Paul Nakasone, who he said was "highly political" and "left-wing".

Gen Nakasone was appointed by Republican President Donald Trump in 2018.

giphy.gif

Ex-President Donald Trump's company and its finance chief are expected to be charged with alleged tax-related crimes, according to US media reports.
The Manhattan District Attorney's office will bring charges against the Trump Organization and Allen Weisselberg on Thursday, outlets said.
It is not thought that Trump will be implicated personally, they reported.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57669976