US Politics Thread | Page 591 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

It's weird now that Trump is banned off Twitter. For the past 5 years we've been getting a constant steam of updates from Trump about what he is thinking at all hours of the day and night.

I guess it proves the power of social media.

It's weird now that Trump is banned off Twitter. For the past 5 years we've been getting a constant steam of updates from Trump about what he is thinking at all hours of the day and night.

I find it a strange dynamic that there has been a lack of regulation from governments regarding social media, now social media is regulating the government.

I guess the reality is over the past 10 years, social media has been a powerful weapon for Trump, Brexit and other campaigns in terms of the vote swing they’ve influenced, so you can’t shit on your own doorstep.

They were happy for him to do that, drives more clicks, engagement and revenue.

Yes, cynical timing from Twitter. A real 'we have made a fortune out of him, allowed him to do what he wants, now he is set to go, lets act tough'

The more I read about blockchain and the likes of Etherium the more I think a lot of companies like Facebook, Twitter, JPMorgan, Visa and others are just going to go away.

Complete decentralization, true free internet, and ecommerce. I don't know what that means for jobs. We've built all of these systems that centralize power and puts it in the hands of the few.

They are private companies. Given how America worships capitalism, it can't really complain.

The terms and conditions are there before you sign up, as well. Their mistake, they now admit, was giving the Office Of President too much leeway.

While we have freedom of speech, you are also held accountable for what you say. That last part seems to be the trickiest for certain people to understand.

This sad excuse for a human needs to go...

Hawley files ethics counter-complaint against seven Dem senators

Sen. Josh Hawley on Monday filed a counter-complaint with the Senate Ethics Committee against the seven Senate Democrats who had previously filed a complaint against him and Sen. Ted Cruz over the two Republicans’ objections to the results of the 2020 presidential election.
“The idea that one Senator who disagrees with another Senator can therefore have that Senator punished, sanctioned, censured, or removed is utterly antithetical to our democracy and the very idea of open, lawful debate,” Hawley (R-Mo.) wrote in a letter to the seven Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/25/hawley-ethics-complaint-democrats-462053

Leaders in the US House of Representatives have officially delivered their article of impeachment against former President Donald Trump to the Senate, the first step in beginning his trial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-55805876

Put the popcorn away...

McConnell has voted against continuing with Trump's impeachment trial. Just 5 Republicans vote to continue with the proceedings.

I don't think they will be getting the 67 votes they need to convict the orange-faced pussy grabber.

WTF is wrong with these people? Jesus wept.

Fuck sake, genuinely? I didn't think the vote happened for a few weeks and the turtle seemed to be playing a sensible game here for a change.

I'm so glad that party is dying out. I can't wish death on someone (I'm not that drunk yet) but given the great people lost to Covid, can the turtle get a very bad dose of Deano's bad Aids? Maybe Lindsay Graham can give it to him - 2 birds 1 cup kind of thing.

What makes you think they are dying out?

They have just completed the greatest switchero in US political history. They used to be the party of the old and rich. Now they are the party of the working class.