US Politics Thread | Page 589 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Well, at my time of day I'd hardly like ALL her music, obviously. However, I do have the album with Tony Bennett and herself - excellent. She's a very good singer IMHO.

In fairness she is, and she went up in my estimation when she performed with Metallica. I'd prefer her over most modern pop stars.

I thought she sang the anthem very well, despite it being pure cringe at the same time.

Reactions: BBJ
I watched the inauguration: never thought I would do that in my life either. I cried with relief and hope.

As my late mom used to say "When the U.S sneezes The U.K gets a bad cold.

The U.S got a bad cold last time and we got double pneumonia is fair to say.

America is out of intensive care. The world and U.K can also recover. Going to be a lot more complex though for The U.K and take longer.

I at least have hope for the world now. Joe will dampen the Tories here as they won't beable to carry on like they did with Trump

Now Trump has gone with his uncouth behaviour perhaps people will turn their eyes towards our scum nationalistic government and getting rid of them though it will be 2024 before that can completely happen

Antifa on the rampage in Portland, having thrashed the Democratic Party headquarters and flipping over an occupied car. What a bunch of weirdos.

I wonder how the media will report it now that Biden is in office and they're not so useful anymore.

Antifa on the rampage in Portland, having thrashed the Democratic Party headquarters and flipping over an occupied car. What a bunch of weirdos.

I wonder how the media will report it now that Biden is in office and they're not so useful anymore.

Not sure who said it but ANTIFA is a gift to the right. Anytime the Trump people do anything they can just say "look at Antifa". IMO ANTIFA is just a name similar to BLM. The goals and statements are not aligned to what the groups actually do. Anti-Fascism is great but why is the destruction of property part of that? Same for BLM what has marxism got to do with reforming the police.

ANTIFA are essentially just anarchists IMO, I well believe there were plenty of them at the Capitol Bldg too and inciting violence. I don't think they're smart enough to even be outside agitators I think they were there just to take down the Government.

Listening to Dan Carlins Common Sense podcast he mentioned something I believe it was Eisenhower said. People were talking about there being "no middle of the road" when talking about certain topics or opposing groups. He of course there is a middle of the road its the only place you can drive the car.

The Dems and Reps need to see that extremism on both sides is dangerous. ANTIFA and Stop the Steal are more alike than they are dissimilar. ANTIFA will undermine everything the Democrats do if they don't handle them properly. Fringe groups will always attract the outsiders, the ones who arent tethered to this world anymore and who will find something that suits the agenda for chaos and anarchy.

The U.S got a bad cold last time and we got double pneumonia is fair to say.

America is out of intensive care. The world and U.K can also recover. Going to be a lot more complex though for The U.K and take longer.

n

On a humanitarian level, I’m glad Trump is gone as reality TV stars should have no place in politics.

There is an argument that in a post-Brexit world for the UK Trump would’ve been favourable to Biden to get a trade deal or get one a lot quicker. Johnson must’ve sunk into his chair when the polls started turning in Bidens favour and the fuck up he knows is a fuck up, fucked up even more.

Not sure who said it but ANTIFA is a gift to the right. Anytime the Trump people do anything they can just say "look at Antifa". IMO ANTIFA is just a name similar to BLM. The goals and statements are not aligned to what the groups actually do. Anti-Fascism is great but why is the destruction of property part of that? Same for BLM what has marxism got to do with reforming the police.

ANTIFA are essentially just anarchists IMO, I well believe there were plenty of them at the Capitol Bldg too and inciting violence. I don't think they're smart enough to even be outside agitators I think they were there just to take down the Government.

Listening to Dan Carlins Common Sense podcast he mentioned something I believe it was Eisenhower said. People were talking about there being "no middle of the road" when talking about certain topics or opposing groups. He of course there is a middle of the road its the only place you can drive the car.

The Dems and Reps need to see that extremism on both sides is dangerous. ANTIFA and Stop the Steal are more alike than they are dissimilar. ANTIFA will undermine everything the Democrats do if they don't handle them properly. Fringe groups will always attract the outsiders, the ones who arent tethered to this world anymore and who will find something that suits the agenda for chaos and anarchy.
Those who identify with Antifa and mobilise themselves certainly appear to be far left anarchists. The Democrat party in the US has been a touch right of centre (by UK standards at least) for decades and this shift was to make them more electable due to the roaring success (at the ballot box) that was Ronald Reagan.

The Antifa ideology doesn't align with the Democrats so I agree with you they will 'undermine'. I don't think Antifa are this big problem the right makes out but you'd have to be a bit of an idiot to just talk about them as these harmless 'anti-fascists'. Left wing fascism (if this is confusing read Jurgen Habermas or Hayek) is actually at the core of what a lot of these people believe in, whether they know it or not.

Perhaps it's getting to a stage where those who are more peaceful need to splinter off under a different name. Even if extremists are in the minority it's a pretty influential minority from the PR perspective.

Last edited:
What's in a name? Anti Fascism is still their goal, but yes, any name will do.

If you look at arrest records over the year from the riots, only a very small percentage of the rioters were left wing activists. That's just the useful story Trump like to use. He loved the riots, which is why he stoked divisions.