US Politics Thread | Page 575 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

And the people he is giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom is doing nothing but tarnishing the award and all of the people who have received the reward in the past.

That to me feels like a vindictive stab in Bidens back. That meant the world to Biden, I think it was genuinely a pinnacle of his life and now he has 'peers' in his circle who are not fit to lace his boots. Hopefully, Joe can look past it and look at his achievements and doesn't doubt the institution.

Biden is no saint obviously but this does feel like a personal attack on a decent man.

I'm sure there's been a number of undeserving people who have received it in the past e.g. Ellen Degeneres, Maggie Thatcher and Alan Greenspan. Does it even matter that much anymore? Kind of like our knighthoods and other decorations, increasingly pointless.

I think of all the things to start frothing at the mouth at over Trump this is pretty low down. What his administration is doing to Yemen is an utter disgrace but it's not really being talked about too much.

I'm sure there's been a number of undeserving people who have received it in the past e.g. Ellen Degeneres, Maggie Thatcher and Alan Greenspan. Does it even matter that much anymore? Kind of like our knighthoods and other decorations, increasingly pointless.

I think of all the things to start frothing at the mouth at over Trump this is pretty low down. What his administration is doing to Yemen is an utter disgrace but it's not really being talked about too much.

I noticed Bear Grylls got an OBE. For presenting a TV programme?

Craig Charles presented Robot Wars for 6 years and never even got a mention.

I guess the fact that Bear's dad was Sir Michael Grylls MP had nothing to do with it.

Such a surprise from the turtle!

Yeah my post was on the back of him wibbling about the wall being torn down - he's only built something 400miles and even a lot of that has simply been replace/repair.

All the usual bullshit but unless he's learnt how to properly act a speech....he looked massively drained and beaten to me. That inane spark had gone - there was no little glint in his eye as he said Biden would have to worry more about the 25th.

He was just flat from what I saw.

The McCarthy transcript was also stark...I'm wondering if it's got through.

I know mate, where to begin with that?!

There's absolutely nothing to praise about that statement is there because even the fact they knew the right things to do, points to everything (well, a massive thing) that is fundamentally wrong with the country.

That's not something you should learn as a 3/4 yr old in a so called civilised society.

There's reports that certain Republican members of Congress gave tours around the capitol building to people involved in the "invasion" in the days before January 6th. Also several Democrats claiming the panic buttons in their offices had been removed beforehand. If true it points to definite collusion between the rioters, some of the police on site and some republican politicians. They'll try it again if not punished properly. Ffs one of them was live tweeting the location of Pelosi to her followers as the rampaged around and she's still somehow a congresswoman.