US Politics Thread | Page 793 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

No barbs about how religious the orange adulterating rapist is.

He's now selling the Bible to praise the US constitution, because obviously God and Jesus were American.

So many jokes, must resist.

No barbs about how religious the orange adulterating rapist is.

He's now selling the Bible to praise the US constitution, because obviously God and Jesus were American.

So many jokes, must resist.

Just heard about it from my mate on the way back from town tonight.

60 quid a pop? lol, anything to fund those legal bills. "Let's make America pray again" 😂

Anyway, God is Irish and Jesus plays for Man City.

Jennifer Rubin in "The Washington Post" makes the point that not all Trump's bad behaviour is criminal.

Not every situation calls for us to play “name that crime.” Framing the discussion that way drains Trump’s reprehensible conduct of its moral dimension and minimizes his threat to democracy. He then winds up getting a pass if his behavior cannot be characterized as a violation of a specific statute or court order.

Jennifer Rubin in "The Washington Post" makes the point that not all Trump's bad behaviour is criminal.

Not every situation calls for us to play “name that crime.” Framing the discussion that way drains Trump’s reprehensible conduct of its moral dimension and minimizes his threat to democracy. He then winds up getting a pass if his behavior cannot be characterized as a violation of a specific statute or court order.

It doesn't matter, his supporters don't care we already know that and they think his lack of integrity is funny. I think the moral compass thing is out the window because the US doesn't have one. Bidens inability to bring about a meaningful ceasefire in Gaza is a greater moral infringement than all of Trumps priors put together.

However I know Trump would be even worse than Biden for the people of Gaza but there are millions of people in the US that are under the false impression that if they vote for Trump it'll send a message to the Democrats "to do better".

Trumps appeal is this enormous blindspot none of the media or big institutions really seem to understand and IMO this is another example. The Republicans have gotten pretty good at pulling at the fringes of some demographics. Democrats don't have a proper strategy, it's basically "vote for us because we're better than them".

You really have to wonder with the Democrats because if they made the sort of coordinated attempt like the Republicans do they'd do so much better. Its genuinely like they don't want to win, they seem to want this perpetual state of gridlock so they can campaign for change that will never happen. e.g. guns! If Biden made a proper go at this ceasefire and fixing things over there he'd win by a landslide but they wont do it.

I disagree on Biden, you he can't put a gun to Bibi's head (and I've said previously Bibi wants Trump back because he's a soft bellied prick who would let him do this without the shouting from the side). And having listened to Cameron today with Blinken, the West Ham fan who travelled to Birmingham to watch games needs better legal advice - I assume it was the same folks who cleared Greenslade, and told Suella that Patel wasn't strong enough and we needed our immigrants to invade Rwanda.

I see the Dems as fragmented on how liberal they want to be but their message has never been great as they think 'peeps get it, we don't need to mansplain'. The Reps however prefer the gridlock, as they don't have to govern or do anything of note, or anything that can be criticised. Even in power under Trump, the new Rep party was the party of opposition - shouting about shit that wasn't real, didn't happen (but their neighbours cousin in a State 3 million miles away once Tweeted it did).

Otherwise I agree.

Am I the only one quietly impressed with a certainly Mr Johnson and his efforts to work around the batshit Reps and their TDS.

I thought he'd be a complete wet blanket and a complete Trump suck up, but he's got more backbone than I thought, but he also seems to be balancing it with US concerns - and well, doing his job even though I don't agree with everything he's on record saying.