Updated history | Page 2 | Vital Football

Updated history

I've ordered mine from Ebay too. I think Imphistorian has said that it's so far not been made available on Amazon.

Currently we are only selling on ebay and through Lindum Books, an independent bookstore at 4 Bailgate.

As far as I'm aware, you don't have to have an ebay account to buy a copy if you buy as a guest.

Once I'm up to date sending out the ebay orders we'll look at other ways you can buy it.

Worth noting that the whole of the packaging and distribution section is just one person (me), which limits the numbers I can send out daily.

Currently we are only selling on ebay and through Lindum Books, an independent bookstore at 4 Bailgate.

As far as I'm aware, you don't have to have an ebay account to buy a copy if you buy as a guest.

Once I'm up to date sending out the ebay orders we'll look at other ways you can buy it.

Worth noting that the whole of the packaging and distribution section is just one person (me), which limits the numbers I can send out daily.
Did I read somewhere they will also be available on the Supporters Trust Stall at home games ?

Correct. Although that's a few weeks away. We will give a donation to the Trust for copies sold on their stall.
Suggest you buy via ebay or at Lindum Books, it is very heavy to carry around during the game ! Hours of happy reading ahead !!

If the seller has opted in to international shipping programme (I think that’s what it’s called ( I do when I sell) ) then EBay take responsibility for international shipping and you can see the price for shipping per country.
Edit I can’t see this option maybe something for Imphistorian to consider

I've been having some discussions with my local Post Office on overseas postage. I need to go in when it's quiet as for some reason the prices on their screen don't match those in the Royal Mail leaflet.
@Red Wimp do you think ebay might have an understanding of printed paper rates? The book is very heavy (2kg plus packaging) and as far as I can see it wouldn't be possible to send to either Canada or Cambodia.

I've been having some discussions with my local Post Office on overseas postage. I need to go in when it's quiet as for some reason the prices on their screen don't match those in the Royal Mail leaflet.
@Red Wimp do you think ebay might have an understanding of printed paper rates? The book is very heavy (2kg plus packaging) and as far as I can see it wouldn't be possible to send to either Canada or Cambodia.
I’m not going to claim to be an expert but the limit your quoting is Royal Mail I presume Enay would use other courier. (As an aside I had to send items left in a will to Australia including books and I used a courier not Royal Mail).
The beauty of the EBay programme is you are only responsible to ship to UK warehouse.

I think Red Wimp is referring to the Global Shipping Programme which simplifies things when selling to other countries on Ebay. If selling through that option, as he says, the seller only has to post the item in the normal way to a central point in the UK (I forget where it is) and then Ebay work out the costs, etc, for sending it on overseas and do so.

Details are here:

Global Shipping Programme | eBay

Last edited:
I think Red Wimp is referring to the Global Shipping Programme which simplifies things when selling to other countries on Ebay. If selling through that option, as he says, the seller only has to post the item in the normal way to a central point in the UK (I forget where it is) and then Ebay work out the costs, etc, for sending it on overseas and do so.

Details are here:

Global Shipping Programme | eBay
That’s the one

It's arrived and wow. Very high quality - I almost feel guilty getting my greasy digits on the pristine pages although I accept in time it will become a well thumbed friend.

I wouldn't normally reference the acknowledgments and introduction but if you want to get an idea of the work that must have gone into researching this volume, I would suggest you do.

I'm sure it was a labour of love but it must have been incredibly pain staking and dedicated work that we can all benefit from. As well as the invaluable statistical records there are some great quirky pieces such as the photo of the ox roast on John O'Gaunts from Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee!

I hope the book flies off the shelves to reward the authors' efforts. If you are an aficionado of all things Imps and are undecided about getting a copy, don't hesitate it's a bargain.

Does the new book carry on from where the first book finished ( about 1998) or does it include all the original material plus the last 23 ish years too

Does the new book carry on from where the first book finished ( about 1998) or does it include all the original material plus the last 23-ish years too

The title of the book:

Lincoln City FC: A history and statistical record 1884-2021

My copy hasn't arrived yet so I can't say whether the text is completely or partly revised from the original edition. I'm guessing there could be a lot of new material relating to the period covered in that.

Does the new book carry on from where the first book finished ( about 1998) or does it include all the original material plus the last 23 ish years too
Completely revised. It’s basically a completely new book. All the stats from the very start up to end of 2020/21 season. Some great touches such as the seasons programme cover and attendance dat. Friendlies now in the season section. Full player lists. Loads of photos. In a word an absolute must for any fan and unbelievable value for money.

The starting point for the text was the original book but over the five years or so we were working on it, it's been substantially changed. Grounds section mostly rewritten and the same with the encyclopedia. Many of the pictures in the text are new. Stats have been rechecked and amended where needed, particularly WW1 & WW2. We've added more team group pictures plus reserve team results and scorers, FA Youth Cup matches, etc.