Update new player | Vital Football

Update new player

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
On Radio Kent. "There is only one possibility, which would be a permanent signing.

"The chairman has given his blessing to try and make that happen.

"We'll be one of a number of clubs trying to sign the player."

⚽️ Boss Steve Evans wants one more #Gills signing before Friday's 5pm deadline.

Just looked at the Franchise forum and Agard is out of the picture there, although admittedly injured at the moment. Think he's an Evans favourite.

I wonder if this player would mean a player/s departing in January?
It is not that far off if it is a major signing it is a possible way of financing it.Only leaving a short term black hole.A bit more experience would be great almost regardless of the position.

I’m struggling to think what position we could do with strengthening. And what player out of our current lineup would make way.

SE said previously a left side midfield/forward player. But if we got a quality signing there it would probably mean one of our current front 3 dropping out, and maybe Trae Coyle out of the 18 completely. I’m not sure that’s needed.

Maybe it’s just a quality midfielder in any position. But we do have quite a few now the injured are returning. Maybe Chris is right and someone is (or will be) leaving.

I’m struggling to think what position we could do with strengthening. And what player out of our current lineup would make way.

SE said previously a left side midfield/forward player. But if we got a quality signing there it would probably mean one of our current front 3 dropping out, and maybe Trae Coyle out of the 18 completely. I’m not sure that’s needed.

Maybe it’s just a quality midfielder in any position. But we do have quite a few now the injured are returning. Maybe Chris is right and someone is (or will be) leaving.
Given Evans statements I don't think anyone will leave till January.
IF we get this player it will be a extra player till January in my opinion. It does appear that Evans has covered everything so it must be someone who he really rates.If there are plans to reduce the numbers slightly in January then the extra funds might not be that much.It could well be a now or never type signing. We don't have a real left winger.If Ogilvie is going then O'Connor can move to left back later in the season. If Tucker then a experienced centre back might be needed .But that would leave us well over manned.A central midfielder is possible given our lack of dominance in that area with O'Keefe missing the season. Unless Akindie is definitely leaving I can't see it being a striker personally but it has been said many times you can never have too many.Bonham is doing well so we can be almost certain it is not another keeper.

Last edited:
I too think someone might be moved on, but I think everyone is missing the obvious one.

LSB has hardly featured so far this season so is surely “surplus to requirements”, yet I presume is still picking up a wage.

I say get rid.

I think I've featured less than hardly lol

I too think someone might be moved on, but I think everyone is missing the obvious one.

LSB has hardly featured so far this season so is surely “surplus to requirements”, yet I presume is still picking up a wage.

I say get rid.

Sure Scally would negotiate a good sell-on clause.

SE says he`s keeping an eye out for a good deal in relation to a free agent. If we are looking for a defensive midfielder, Chatham lad, well he`s 27 now, George Thorne is apparently unsigned. Any other nominations ?

SE says he`s keeping an eye out for a good deal in relation to a free agent. If we are looking for a defensive midfielder, Chatham lad, well he`s 27 now, George Thorne is apparently unsigned. Any other nominations ?
I still think it is a left winger we need Danny Rowe or Simon Dawkins both former Ipswich and Anthony Pilkington former Wigan might fit the bill .

Last edited:
I still think it is a left winger we need Danny Rowe or Simon Dawkins both former Ipswich and Anthony Pilkington former Wigan might fit the bill .

Could be, Chris. Though, O`Connor is decent on the wide left and Trae Coyle can be effective in running in from the wide left - use of either of those chaps on the left allow Graham to get back to his preferred right hand wing. Unfortunately we can only put 10 outfielders on the pitch.

TBH, I don`t know much about Thorne but someone experienced, like him, defensively anchoring the midfield might be a positive. I thought that we were pretty weak in that position at MK.