up top | Vital Football

up top

Sabellaalex

Vital Youth Team
I'd like to see Brewster and Moose start up top and Burke behind em, for no other reason than ive run out of ideas and other permitations.
:throw::throw::throw:

But if we continue to hoof at lest 50% of the time, I can't see this being the choice.....although my local team has now reverted to 3 speedy forwards and they are so much more threatening and are scoring more goals this season...............so its a shame IMHO

But if we continue to hoof at lest 50% of the time, I can't see this being the choice.....although my local team has now reverted to 3 speedy forwards and they are so much more threatening and are scoring more goals this season...............so its a shame IMHO
I would have thought that, if you're going to hoof it, 3 whippets are better than a donkey

Not always a hoof, sometimes a long pass to McB. He held it up reasonably well
at Anfield.
True Chips, he had a decent game but, game by game, he's proving he's not a natural goalscorer.
Hopefully he develops a partnership with Brewster very quickly. He wins lots of headers, top of PL listings ATM, but unless there's soemone to feed off them, and able to prosper from them, it's of little import.

Would he better off winning those heaaders where JOC used to ????????

Hassenhutl called Burke 'a computer without a hard drive', I'm not sure he's got a working CPU either. Looks to be a get his head down and run at them type of player, and there's nothing wrong with that, raw pace is still what frightens defenders the most. I don't see his decision making, composure or final product being of the standard to play in the pocket - only players we have with those qualities are McGoldrick and Fleck.

CW will mix it up with the forwards as he has done since January 2019. The hope will be that McBurnie and Brewster hit it off, I wouldn't be surprised if Moose is off in January.

Suppose Wilder could get the other players, defenders and midfielders chipping in with a few goals might result in some wins who knows.

True Chips, he had a decent game but, game by game, he's proving he's not a natural goalscorer.
Hopefully he develops a partnership with Brewster very quickly. He wins lots of headers, top of PL listings ATM, but unless there's soemone to feed off them, and able to prosper from them, it's of little import.

Would he better off winning those heaaders where JOC used to ????????

If you mean a temp LWB then no, he'd win headers but not sure he could tackle cleanly....in an emergency could hlep out I suppose. Looks like McB and Brewster
are the main two for CW.....could work.

If you mean a temp LWB then no, he'd win headers but not sure he could tackle cleanly....in an emergency could hlep out I suppose. Looks like McB and Brewster
are the main two for CW.....could work.
Got to agree Chips, just clutching at straws and trying to find a more effective use for him. He's not composed enough, or in control of the ball enough,to play at the back

Got to agree Chips, just clutching at straws and trying to find a more effective use for him. He's not composed enough, or in control of the ball enough,to play at the back

When the weather gets colder and the foreigners feel the pinch then perhaps he could be a useful battering ram. We need Brewster to come good and be a 'lucky' striker for us. And the rest to chips in TT.

Given the stat about McB, then we need to get a bit more creative from set pieces, our goal return from those is hardly top notch, is it ? Not a criticism of McB, more of a concern about our delivery and 'Creating' opportunities to get to the ball to create scoring chances and convert more of them.

I think against City we have to put Burke and McBurnie up front. A bit of pace to chase long balls and McB to put pressure on their defence. We need to get Brewster up to speed and realise he is not going to be amazing from the get go. Jusr like Berge but that did not turn out too bad did it. It is way too early to start panicking. Look at the results, this league is going to be very tight from the top to the bottom this season. We need to build up some mometum in terms of performance and i believe we can get points against Chelsea and WBA.

I said we need another CF in the summer.

We'll need one in January too.

Relying on McBurnie to play that role is insanity.

We don't currently have one effective, first choice combination. Nor do we have any attacking midfielder to create for them.

Great recruitment :clap:

We don't currently have one effective, first choice combination. Nor do we have any attacking midfielder to create for them.

Unlike most teams we play two up top.

I watch a bit of Burnley v Spurs last night...........if you think we've got issues, Burnley fans must be seriously worried as they have made no additions to their squad, and they looked stale and predictable.

At least we are "moving on" - some of our new players won't work out, but most of them will hopefully and they are all young, skillful players...........so let's not get too depressed right now.

We might as well be playing the top boys at the moment- accept we will get very little out of it, but give these players time to get used to their new teammates etc with less expectancy over the results.

The only way is up :loser:

I watch a bit of Burnley v Spurs last night...........if you think we've got issues, Burnley fans must be seriously worried as they have made no additions to their squad, and they looked stale and predictable.

At least we are "moving on" - some of our new players won't work out, but most of them will hopefully and they are all young, skillful players...........so let's not get too depressed right now.

We might as well be playing the top boys at the moment- accept we will get very little out of it, but give these players time to get used to their new teammates etc with less expectancy over the results.

The only way is up :loser:

For what its worth, I agree and think we'll be stronger after Christmas. Don't forget that we ask players to do stuff they've never ever been coached to do, in fact its been coached out of them. They need time to learn and gel. Having said that I would happily take 17th right now....

Burke and McGoldick for me on Sunday, we need pace to get amongst the City Defence when they are twatting about with it at the back so thats Burke at the moment and McGoldrick is our link man between attack and Midfield. I don’t think Brewster is ready to be a Premier League starter yet, and I am fed up with us hoofing it when McBurnie starts.

spot on chronic been banging on about this for ages pal