Up to 80 percent of time spent online at work is ‘wasted,’ according to study | Vital Football

Up to 80 percent of time spent online at work is ‘wasted,’ according to study

SiggyBrownie

Villa Princess
Odds are, you’re reading this article when you’re supposed to be working.

A new study from Kansas State University suggests that we spend even more time than previously thought aimlessly browsing the Internet during our office hours.

“Cyberloafing” — wasting time at work online — takes up as much as 80 percent of the time people spend online at work, according to the data collected by Joseph Urgin, an assistant professor at Kansas State, and John Pearson, an associate professor at Southern Illinois University.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/much-80-percent-time-spent-online-wasted-according-235416254.html;_ylt=ArOglAv.s4QkKVWKNi9kNrLEeOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTFnMjJnc24wBG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEJsb2cEcG9zAzExBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJsb2dJbmRleA--;_ylg=X3oDMTIyMnRxamI4BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDUUVfQ29udHJvbA--;_ylv=3

shhhhhhhhh. Jeez, don't spread the word, companies might crack down and then where would my users come from!??!

Only 80%?

Depends what you class as wasted I suppose.

Today while I should have been working I watched a video about a hero caving in some guys head with a hatchet and learnt than the Cunard has never been down the Dudley No2 canal.

Hardley a waste.