Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020 | Vital Football

Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020

Does say low risk areas, where would the City of Lincoln rank ? The rate is falling maybe not by enough :(

I also expect they will take capacity of grounds into account. So it would in effect be a percentage of capacity up to a maximum of 4,000 as let's face it 4,000 is sardine time at some clubs

I also expect they will take capacity of grounds into account. So it would in effect be a percentage of capacity up to a maximum of 4,000 as let's face it 4,000 is sardine time at some clubs
If Lincoln do qualify I presume Season Tickets will need to be distributed fairly quickly ?

Am i right that Lincoln is tier 1 at the moment, knowing our luck we will get moved up two levels and put into Tier 3 when they announced and we will have to continue at zero.

I would take Tier 2 right now just to have a chance of going to a game.

Those with season tickets have to have priority here and rightly so. I do wonder if there will be any away allowances at all?? Not sure how that could be easily achieved for the first few games

To clarify the number of fans allowed to attend in Tier 1 is either 4000 or 50% of Capacity whichever is lower. In Tier 2 is 2000 or 50% of capacity whichever is lower.

This would mean 4000 fans would be allowed to attend.

Okay, great news but I’m afraid I think the the cautious approach is right and think it’s too early while the virus is still far too active around the country.

I do agree and despite being seemingly allowed to won't be risking a Christmas visit to my elderly parents this year so that I can visit them whenever I want once the vaccines are here. I live in a Tier 2 area and despite doing everything I can to avoid it, you can't be 100% sure.

Am i right that Lincoln is tier 1 at the moment, knowing our luck we will get moved up two levels and put into Tier 3 when they announced and we will have to continue at zero.

I would take Tier 2 right now just to have a chance of going to a game.

Nottinghamshire is at highest level and neighbours Lincs.
Think Grimsby and Scunny are considered high risk areas (and not just for virus!!).

And what does "up to 4000 mean"?

4000 at Wembley is a bit different to 4000 at Forest Green (not that they'd ever manage that many even if they paid people to endure an afternoon there).

So let's guess it might be 10% up to 4000 for starters or at best 20%. So if Lincoln gets rated lowest tier (and don't think it will be) but if so, then maybe 1000 to 2000 might get allowed in.

If so!
I'd do it on a ballot of season ticket holders who firstly want to go, and secondly are not in a risk group (so exclude all senior tickets for starters) and thirdly those who live near enough (so within Lincs) to avoid unnecessary travel from other areas.
Oh, and no away fans.

I do agree and despite being seemingly allowed to won't be risking a Christmas visit to my elderly parents this year so that I can visit them whenever I want once the vaccines are here. I live in a Tier 2 area and despite doing everything I can to avoid it, you can't be 100% sure.

Absolutely agree on that. I've actually no idea why any sane person would want to risk any family member just for a day's partying sometime in December.
Phones have been around for some time haven't they? So that's all any of us need to do - wish loved ones Happy Christmas over the phone and meet up only when safe for us all to do. I'd rather have lots more Christmases with family than one last one.

Nottinghamshire is at highest level and neighbours Lincs.
Think Grimsby and Scunny are considered high risk areas (and not just for virus!!).

4000 at Wembley is a bit different to 4000 at Forest Green (not that they'd ever manage that many even if they paid people to endure an afternoon there).

So let's guess it might be 10% up to 4000 for starters or at best 20%. So if Lincoln gets rated lowest tier (and don't think it will be) but if so, then maybe 1000 to 2000 might get allowed in.

If so!
I'd do it on a ballot of season ticket holders who firstly want to go, and secondly are not in a risk group (so exclude all senior tickets for starters) and thirdly those who live near enough (so within Lincs) to avoid unnecessary travel from other areas.
Oh, and no away fans.

And if after those conditions, tickets for non season ticket holders are also available, then next priority to those in members scheme and those who chose to get a refund for this season's season ticket.
And then general sale, but all still as non-vulnerable people and local.

I'm going to keep a close eye on the away match at Shrews in the EFL Trophy now. A really easy one to get to for me and one which normally wouldn't get anywhere near 4,000 watching assuming they remain in tier 1.
I'm sensing a sneaky watch from the home areas if 'away travel' is forbidden

As someone else mentioned above, the rate will be 4,000 fans or 50% of capacity so we would be allowed 4,000 if Tier 1 applies (which it does right now.)

FGR's capacity is a little over 5,100 so they'd only be allowed a maximum of 2,550 assuming they are also in Tier 1.

Those figures halve again if in Tier 2 and then reduce to zero in Tier 3.

At long last, some sort of normality begins to emerge. As a non season ticket holder it may be a while before I can get some live footy but it will be great to have a partisan crowd backing the Imps again. Hopefully Ifollow will still be available until the grounds are fully open. After that it does need to revert back to encourage fans back in the ground.

Wembley on the other hand would also be 4,000 maximum because, even though the capacity there is 90,000 and 50% of which would be 45,000 the rule states 'whichever is the lower figure.'

Lincoln and the county have much higher rates then when we into lockdown, don't get too excited guys might a while before anyone gets into a home game.
They're having 4 tiers aren't' they ?

I would suspect we'll be in the highest tier and will not be allowed fans in.
Our hospital has many wards trying to cope with covid cases at the moment.