Up The Bahrainian Tics v Up Pompey | Page 4 | Vital Football

Up The Bahrainian Tics v Up Pompey

Watching this if painful, they just can’t finish (mind you a good start would help too).
So if this stands we drop a place, are 3 points from safety and have a very shit goal difference !

And now we have just lost Lang !

It just goes from bad to worse !

Sorry Daleks, but he can pass very well. Admittedly, today, he's made a few poor ones ... though sometimes, another player's non-movement might affect the quality of a pass. However, I stand by what I said about previous games.
can can cross after a fashion
he can pass 2 metres
somewhere between the 2 he cannot pass

Waste of time talking about how many minutes will be added on. We couldn’t score if we played all bloody week

I'll be honest, I'm thankful for Leam and for all he is done but I really hope he decides to go to Ipswich under cook, fresh start for him and back in a role he is good at.

He is sadly not a manager, we need a great start with a new manager and team who has no bias to any players. And just a different chapter for us.

This frontline is awful, only Lang is decent at this level.

12 shots vs 5, with zero on target for us. Can't fault the effort again today, just wasteful in the final third. Played much of the game in their half, just the players didn't put the ball in the net.

Need to find better openings in the next game and work on hitting the ball cleanly. So many scuffed crosses and shots.

That was awful...far too many missed passes, not clinical enough & clearly not good enough for this league. Sorry to say this but think it's time to get someone in now who can see out end of the season whilst getting ready for League 2....thanks for all your efforts LR but perhaps it's time to go & join up with PC.

Just get to the end of the season and get rid of most of them apart from some of the younger ones and start from scratch. I have the feeling we'll do very well in division 4 next season and could well get promotion. This bunch of misfits and last chance salooners are generally doing their best but palpably aren't good enough. I'm resigned to div 4 now, so am relaxed about everything now that we have new owners who will also not be deterred when we get relegated.

Another desperately depressing afternoon as far as I am concerned. Lots of good stuff but zero goal threat which makes it so hard to watch us at the moment. I really don’t think we have the tools to get out of this mess now

I’m increasingly of the view that we will go down and I genuinely think it’s better if we start over with a new manager in situ ASAP to effectively recruit a new squad.
That in itself will be a huge challenge, as we’ve just seen Bolton had to endure a ‘write off‘ season to reset ...and ....pretty much half of this one as well, before they really started to ’motor’
LR has been a hero and we owe him our gratitude for everything he has withstood this season, but as others have said neither he nor we necessarily see the managers job as his role.
The team could still surprise us ...but yet another inadequate, pointless and goalless home performance offers little evidence that they will.

There needs to be a definitive future direction set, during this month, whilst that doesn’t have to mean a new appointment, they absolutely do need to map out the criteria and terms of their search and get it underway even if concluding it isn’t possible for a month or so yet.

Oh dear oh dear....

I know this is a make shift team and I know there is effort etc etc etc BUT that was rubbish again today ........we can’t score to save our lives and we keep giving away soft goals so all in all that’s a recipe for disaster........I’m really not sure how many of these players I’d want to keep next year in either league 1 or league 2 and as for Leam,I’m still a little undecided but probably leaning more to having a change.

Let's face it Division 4 looks better for away games, plenty of local derbies, sadly Morecambe no longer have the best pies in football!

I really, really can't get worked up about today's loss. Not too long ago, it was more than possible that we were going to be playing as a Phoenix club in the National League ... or even NW Counties !!!

For me, the question is "were they trying?", and the answer (maybe apart from Evans's "chase" for their goal) was obviously, yes. However, there was no improvement in the quality of the shooting, and that's what's pissing us all off.

In January, Richardson and Rioch had an impossible job - entice players to come to Wigan, on a contract till the summer, with very possibly, no chance of a further one. They did their best, and we got who we got ... numbers being just as important as quality, given the rate we were losing people to injury.

On reflection, it may well have been better to stick with more of the kids, though that would have been a massive gamble.

But, as the saying goes, we are where we are, and for me, that's a far better place than I was hoping for much of February. The new management team don't sound despondent about the likelihood of League 2, so why should we?