Up The Bahrainian Tics v Up Pompey | Page 2 | Vital Football

Up The Bahrainian Tics v Up Pompey

Cowley interview - touch of class IMO

"
The Blues boss said: “We recovered well on Friday and the players had an extra hour in bed on Saturday before working towards facing Wigan.
“Nicky and I watched Wigan earlier in the week and they were very unlucky to be beaten by Gillingham.

“They had better control of the match and more of the chances, but got caught by a sucker punch towards the end.

“That happens when you’re down near the bottom, but we’ve got a lot of respect for Wigan and will look forward to going there."

Wigan were relegated from the Championship last term after being deducted 12 points for entering administration.

Cowley said: “I’m so delighted that they’ve now found new ownership because what happened to them was a disgrace.

“I was so sad for their supporters, so it’s great that there has been some positive news for them and light at the end of the tunnel.”

Cowley interview - touch of class IMO

"
The Blues boss said: “We recovered well on Friday and the players had an extra hour in bed on Saturday before working towards facing Wigan.
“Nicky and I watched Wigan earlier in the week and they were very unlucky to be beaten by Gillingham.

“They had better control of the match and more of the chances, but got caught by a sucker punch towards the end.

“That happens when you’re down near the bottom, but we’ve got a lot of respect for Wigan and will look forward to going there."

Wigan were relegated from the Championship last term after being deducted 12 points for entering administration.

Cowley said: “I’m so delighted that they’ve now found new ownership because what happened to them was a disgrace.

“I was so sad for their supporters, so it’s great that there has been some positive news for them and light at the end of the tunnel.”
Have watched him on Sky with Cook when they've analysed games together. A very impressive bloke and a great guy. Still a decent manager in there as well I think, Huddersfield have hardly pulled up trees without him.

It's probably the strongest team that we can field at the moment,
If we play 4-3-3 I'm not a fan of Lang being out wide, I think he does far more damage to opposition through the middle.
If we go 4-2-3-1 and Lang is in behind Proctor then I'm not a fan of Aasgard being out wide.
It's a pity that our 2 most creative attacking players would ideally play in the same position, further forward and through the middle, but we just don't have the natural width available to facilitate either.
Needs must I guess, with our depleted squad.

Our final ball is dreadful ...bossing the game for the most but don’t look likely to score.
Darikwas general play is good but his passing and crossing is very poor

Said it before I'll say it again Darawika is absolutely garbage and young Robinson needs a rest he is having a shocker today so far. Young Aasgaard is the only class player we possess and a great save from Jones has kept us level, we have no end product. I pray there not thinking of keeping any of this lot.

Darikwa is alright going forward but awful defending in some instances, Robinson is a talented player but like you said, shattered.

We need to break this cycle of dominating matches and not winning if we want to avoid relegation. Not good enough at the moment.

Said it before I'll say it again Darawika is absolutely garbage and young Robinson needs a rest he is having a shocker today so far. .
Only thing is Zakky, you weren't right then, and you're not right now. It's your opinion, fair enough, but given his numerous motm performances, I think most disagree. He's had a couple of poor crosses, but nothing awful.

You're right, Aasgard is class though. Seems to be a little more physical today too.....except when he was wrestled to the floor of course.