Unlucky at the Riverside. | Vital Football

Unlucky at the Riverside.

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
Could so easily have won that had we taken our chances.
Only one side playing decent football, especially in that first half hour.
Thought Tomori was the stand out player...what a prospect...although sadly not for us.
Carson seemed untypically shaky and one or two - Marriott and Malone - looked tired, but a very good point and surely no one can complain at 7/9 from the last three however close we came to grabbing all nine.

The division is soooooooo tight, even the Umbrella Man's lot are only 2 points behind us despite their horrendous start!!
Brum have won 4 on the bounce, Stoke are beginning to show whilst Norwich look strong. Could be a real humdinger as the season develops!

If the assistant hadn't missed that so damned obvious offside, they wouldn't have got the corner which was cleared and came back for Bogle to put into his own net.

Could so easily have won that had we taken our chances.
Only one side playing decent football, especially in that first half hour.
Thought Tomori was the stand out player...what a prospect...although sadly not for us.
Carson seemed untypically shaky and one or two - Marriott and Malone - looked tired, but a very good point and surely no one can complain at 7/9 from the last three however close we came to grabbing all nine.
Yes we were very unlucky and hope that Bogel's faux par doesn't affect him in the next game, it was a weird own goal but then again he was in the position either Keogh or Tomori should have been in and he should also have had a shout to have let the ball come through to Carson, who looked to be still groggy after colliding with Keogh minutes earlier.

Last edited:
If the assistant hadn't missed that so damned obvious offside, they wouldn't have got the corner which was cleared and came back for Bogle to put into his own net.

Think you’re right MA...not sure why it’s not been raised, but what’s done is done and both us and Forest were undone by incompetent linesmen yesterday. Difference is...we were unlucky to not get all three points and Forest deserved a draw at best.

Up to the manager and senior players to put an arm round Bogle and not let it get to him. He had a good game imo and while Marriott, Malone and Huddleston all looked ‘gone’ after the first hour Bogle still looked fresh and fighting fit. Mistakes happen...end of.

Think you’re right MA...not sure why it’s not been raised, but what’s done is done and both us and Forest were undone by incompetent linesmen yesterday. Difference is...we were unlucky to not get all three points and Forest deserved a draw at best.

Up to the manager and senior players to put an arm round Bogle and not let it get to him. He had a good game imo and while Marriott, Malone and Huddleston all looked ‘gone’ after the first hour Bogle still looked fresh and fighting fit. Mistakes happen...end of.
Totally agree, Bogle needs to quickly forget that incident and carry on with the great defending etc he has done during the first half of the season.

Thought Waghorn had an outstanding game as a defender yesterday but was missing a bit up front, as per Marriott, and what about the one on one Nugent missed, striking it straight at the keeper.

Wilson and Mount didn't seem to fire properly and their usual free kicks were not good yesterday.

Carson seemed to be in a daze for most of the match, with his wayward passing and all that before he was clattered by Keogh, just before Bogel put through his own goal.

Do I remember correctly that it was Tomori, and only Tomori, that put an arm round Bogle? Where was the skipper whose task the consoling was? The other senior players too?

Carson is a bit of a concern at the moment. He dropped a routine cross last week which nearly gave a goal away and yesterday’s misplaced clearance gave Boro’ their only chance of the first half which should have been taken.
At his best he’s one of the best keepers in the country but the way we build across the back he needs to be at his alert best more often and recognise how regularly he is going to be called on in terms of distribution and clearance.
Sure it’s just a dip, he had a huge one at Sheffield Utd last season, but I doubt Lee Grant would have been treated so ‘kindly’.

I am quite sure that Shay Given will be working on that between now and Chelsea.

I am also sure Sarri will be looking to get his players testing Carson as much as possible and pressurising him, every chance they get.

Totally agree, Bogle needs to quickly forget that incident and carry on with the great defending etc he has done during the first half of the season.

Thought Waghorn had an outstanding game as a defender yesterday but was missing a bit up front, as per Marriott, and what about the one on one Nugent missed, striking it straight at the keeper.

Wilson and Mount didn't seem to fire properly and their usual free kicks were not good yesterday.

Carson seemed to be in a daze for most of the match, with his wayward passing and all that before he was clattered by Keogh, just before Bogel put through his own goal.

Yes your Bloomer about Waghorn had a great game defending His job was to stop Freind running at Bogle and he did a good job

Do I remember correctly that it was Tomori, and only Tomori, that put an arm round Bogle? Where was the skipper whose task the consoling was? The other senior players too?
MA Lampard went straight to Bogle at the final whistle and put his arm round him

MA Lampard went straight to Bogle at the final whistle and put his arm round him

I didn't see that as I switched my phone off at the final whistle as we had arrived at the birthday party. No more, and no less, than I would expect from FL. However, Hudds, Keogh, Malone etc. Where were they when the mishap happened?

Last edited:
If I remember rightly, Boro had no shots on target Saturday (granted there were a couple of blocks), very easy for a keeper to switch off when their only involvement is playing sweeper, and perhaps the difference between a good and a great keeper. I'm sure Carson will be back on it.

That 1st 20 minutes on Saturday was the best I've seen us for a long time. Only frustration of the match for me was Nugent missing that sitter, should've won the game for us.

Latest Rams News